WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SCE Usage Report

Meaney77

Reaction score
Has anyone else received this yet?

I think SCE is full of shit..... I find it funny with all of this SCAMDIC going on, we have been home more, AC is on more, kids leave lights and TV’s on more and I am at home working more yet my electricity usage is the same if not less than than what I used last year? I call bullshit SCE.

ADC6498F-C573-4CFC-A517-8EC066A9DF16.jpeg
ADC6498F-C573-4CFC-A517-8EC066A9DF16.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
I call BS On these reports as well. My usage target is based on when the home was built (1975).
I am always over due to that little known data point.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
my neighbors must still be using whale oil lanterns and sit inside all day sweating. apparently i use like 70% more than any of them. ive already converted to LED throughout the house. I'm an eagle for lights left on, I barely run the AC, mostly running fans to cool the house at night and closing up durring the day to keep cool. i call bs. plus i dont really care. i pay them to keep the lights on and they should be using that money to update/maintain their infrastructure. im not going to stop using my stuff just because they're putting money in their pockets and not keeping up to date.

if we cant keep the lights on, what do they expect is gonna happen now they're pushing for electric vehicles? imagine 10 million cars all charging...

East Wood

Reaction score
my neighbors must still be using whale oil lanterns and sit inside all day sweating. apparently i use like 70% more than any of them. ive already converted to LED throughout the house. I'm an eagle for lights left on, I barely run the AC, mostly running fans to cool the house at night and closing up durring the day to keep cool. i call bs. plus i dont really care. i pay them to keep the lights on and they should be using that money to update/maintain their infrastructure. im not going to stop using my stuff just because they're putting money in their pockets and not keeping up to date.

if we cant keep the lights on, what do they expect is gonna happen now they're pushing for electric vehicles? imagine 10 million cars all charging...

i get this notice all the time from SCE saying i use more than my neighbors. Funny thing is my neighbors all joke that Im the strict one with lights and the AC, so what gives SCE?

side note-i got the above letter as well saying we've used less than last year, but my bills are larger. wtf?

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
At least in so. Cal, last August was way better than this year. Last summer had long stretches of 103+ and stayed hot even at night.
I live in a 120yr old house and we notice these things. 88 at midnight trying to go to sleep. 91 in the kitchen before cooking starts. Way better this year, so far.

Xring01

Reaction score
A key reason for the neighbor to neighbor discrepency. Is that the utilitys do not calibrate the meters as often as they should.

Your meter is probably calibrated a bit faster than your neighbors.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Yeah I get them they suck.
We’ve been shopping Solar and every company says SCE is uncooperative with putting that on your home.

Xring01

Reaction score
Yeah I get them they suck.
We’ve been shopping Solar and every company says SCE is uncooperative with putting that on your home.

Of course, they lose revenue, there costs go up for every roof top solar installed in there territory.
Just say thank you to the Ca ISO, NERC, FERC and Government, for putting stupid rules in place.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
A key reason for the neighbor to neighbor discrepency. Is that the utilitys do not calibrate the meters as often as they should.

Your meter is probably calibrated a bit faster than your neighbors.

i have a full digital meter... i even go as far as to look at my kw/hr to make sure things arent going crazy. i try to stay under whatever tier pricing if at all possible. so trying not to run the pool pump, washing machine, dishwasher, AC, and start welding all at the same time.

Wbinder

Reaction score
i have a full digital meter... i even go as far as to look at my kw/hr to make sure things arent going crazy. i try to stay under whatever tier pricing if at all possible. so trying not to run the pool pump, washing machine, dishwasher, AC, and start welding all at the same time.

My electric bill has almost tripled in this past year with no change in lifestyle. Ever since solar started calling me all the time and I told them what my bill was.... around 124, and they said they couldn’t help me was when my bill started jumping way up. My tin foil hat says it’s a scam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wbinder

Reaction score
Also since we got the nest thermostat our bills went up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk