WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rust to Riches/Gotham Garage; The Affliction Tshirts of Custom Cars?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
First off, I like watching the goofy show but does anyone actually buy the awful stuff they build?

I'm always waiting for the guys buying the cars to show up to the shop in neon Lambos with huge white watches and jeans with big bedazzled button pockets. 😂 (please take no offense to those who wear or own any of the three as I know someone will get offended.)

Constance is my favorite on the show.😋

Last edited:

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
First off, I like watching the goofy show but does anyone actually buy the awful stuff they build?

I'm always waiting for the guys buying the cars to show up to the shop in neon Lambos with huge white watches and jeans with big bedazzled button pockets. [emoji23]

Constance is my favorite on the show.[emoji39]

Let’s be honest. We all watch for Constance.

Just finished season three today. I’d imagine a lot of it is scripted. Still mildly entertaining though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonesfab

Reaction score
792901AF-4D4F-40F2-AC15-E1E88D17AD9E.jpeg
4B762102-975A-4F31-BF65-045A1DB12239.jpeg

I made her feel spethal with my bus. I have known the family for 30 years. She is wowzers.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I just finished episode 1 season 3 shaking my head asking myself the same question. Who actually buys this shit?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
In the spirit of boating content,

The finished Corvette boat with the twin unobtanium antique sterndrives was being towed through the water with the drives trimmed up while they were "driving"

So, Im going with No-Chance-In-Hell on most that stuff

bonesfab

Reaction score
Being that you know the family, is she really a mechanic? Or is for show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
she can turn a wrench. She grew up in her dads shop. He drag raced for many years. But she does own a Mustang

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
The 34 they converted into a Delahaye had more pop rivets in it than a rivet factory. 😂

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Used to see them at the donut shop all the time on Rancho call next to rosatis in the morning. They have/had a pretty cool tow truck.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The 34 they converted into a Delahaye had more pop rivets in it than a rivet factory. [emoji23]
I just watched that episode. I cringed watching the "reveal" there isn't a single body line that lined up, the window frame doesn't fit the body worth a shit, the running boards look like a blind man made them,

And they wanted to charge that poor customer $60k for that?!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I just watched that episode. I cringed watching the "reveal" there isn't a single body line that lined up, the window frame doesn't fit the body worth a shit, the running boards look like a blind man made them,

$65k lol Yah the workmanship and the build quality was awful. This is part of the reason why classic car pricing is so high. Shit like this.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

That was probably the worst thing I have seen built on TV. Not even the editing magic could fix that car. Not to mention the gauges that didn’t sit flush in the dash.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Yea i don’t know how the show stays on, or if there customers are real but I’d honestly have to bet it’s a farce, and the ratings are only enough to keep them going because of Constance.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
That was probably the worst thing I have seen built on TV. Not even the editing magic could fix that car. Not to mention the gauges that didn’t sit flush in the dash.
Yeah, that was horrible. When they were cutting the top off I was looking for the bracing to see how they were keeping the body true...... nope. And it didn't seem like they did anything internally afterwards to strengthen it either. When they are snapping the canvas on, you can see the top of the glass body is still open, and it looks like it's still raw glass on the edge.