WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rubicon vs. rubicon x, is the x worth it?

River Runner

Reaction score
I am going to buy a new jeep, I am trying to weigh if the rubicon x is worth it instead of just the rubicon. Are the extra bells and whistles worth it or should I just go with the rubicon and go with after market parts?

Singleton

Reaction score
Need to monitor this thread. Looking at adding a jeep as well. I was going to buy stock (unlimited sport) then have Tag Motorsport's in SD, do an aftermarket lift, etc.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Just got the unlimited rubicon with 4.10, color match hard top, leather, and 730uconnect. Started the build last week. The X has crazy trim colors on interior and a special hood. Check out Cole Trickles build in the off road section. It is pretty awesome.

sfury

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409586006.786065.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409586032.085172.jpg

My wife has the X. I dug the hood part of it and the bumpers. The front is winch ready and the rear is capable of installing a spare tire rack so the tires not hanging from the door.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Need to monitor this thread. Looking at adding a jeep as well. I was going to buy stock (unlimited sport) then have Tag Motorsport's in SD, do an aftermarket lift, etc.
I'm thinking you shoud be thinking Rubicon if you want more than just a "Mall Crawler" when you're through. Lockers are a must and by the time you add them aftermarket you mind as well just get the "Rubi" .....check it out!

2Driver

Reaction score
The functionality difference i see is just the 2 bumpers. I you are really going to wheel where you need the bumpers and winch and the price is not much more than not having to mess with new bumpers is nice.

Look at poison spider aftermarket stuff and decided if the X components are worth it. Usually the OE stuff isnt as nice.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I was thinking this thread was about the ACTUAL RUBICON TRAIL.. Not some wannabe jeep named after it....Carry on.. :)

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
While the Rubi 10X does have some added bells and whistles, and is a VERY capable rig, imho it is a mall collector item and your money would be best spent upgrading a true Rubicon. I started out thinking the Rubi would be all I needed as I didn't plan to get into rocks, but just some fun trails and hills. I priced out the stock sport X vs the saraha and the Rubicon. I ended up with the Rubicon and it has saved me LOTS of money so far despite:

Well, that didn't last past the 700 mile mark. I now have A LOT of armor, 2 1/2" lift, adjustable control arms, Poison Spyder bumpers, warn 10S winch an ARB fridge/freezew and on and on and on....

So, decide if you are even Remotely going to need to mod the rig, then spend accordingly.

2Driver

Reaction score
Phx is a good place to shop used. It seems like every other jeep is an optioned out rubicon and very very few have as much as a single pin stripe.

FYI teraflex youtube channel has some great info on picking lifts tires etc.