WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Reserved Beaches

hvnfun

Hvnfun
Reaction score
What's the etiquette for reserving beaches. I've been told you cannot reserve a beach on the lake or in the channel. I am tired of going by beaches and people have left a few things there expecting the beach is theirs for whenever they show up. Saturday 1 couple was sitting in the channel with their shit spread out across 3 boat parking areas with no boat. I pulled in anyway only to be confronted that they were saving the beach and all the boats just left to take the kids for a ride. Obviously is was busy has hell so I simply said I will leave when the boats get back. Over and hour and no boats, just the crap on the beach. next Day went by and same thing, the same stuff and nobody around.

77charger

Reaction score
Back in the older days when boaters were more polite and true boaters you left your spot you lost it!If you came back you just found another spot.This seemed to fade away in the late 90s into the 2000s.

IMO leave it or lose it and take your shit with you.Its pretty obvious whos leaving their shit on a beach vs the ones who are truely out skiing or tubing although the ones who do this will say theres no way to tell.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I'd say it's perfectly legit to put their stuff in a big pile off to the side and have at it. But that's on lakes or beaches I've boated on that one cannot reserve or leave stuff up unattended.

Get ready to put up with fits of ignorance though.:skull

prosthogod

Reaction score
What's the etiquette for reserving beaches. I've been told you cannot reserve a beach on the lake or in the channel. I am tired of going by beaches and people have left a few things there expecting the beach is theirs for whenever they show up. Saturday 1 couple was sitting in the channel with their shit spread out across 3 boat parking areas with no boat. I pulled in anyway only to be confronted that they were saving the beach and all the boats just left to take the kids for a ride. Obviously is was busy has hell so I simply said I will leave when the boats get back. Over and hour and no boats, just the crap on the beach. next Day went by and same thing, the same stuff and nobody around.

people are fu22tards. Same thing sunday in the channel. They even had a rope across the transom of two boats. I said I'm coming in so take your rope down. The lady says I have to leave when her friends show up. I said we'll see. Of course her friends never showed.

Singleton

Reaction score
IMO no reservations and in the channel when you leave you lost your spot. If we want to tube/ski and have a beach go south and find one and tube /ski in front of the spot.

I have also rented spots at the Nautical so I can have a beach and come/go as needed. Well worth the $50 when I have a large group with us

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I see it all the time at Havasu. :thumbsdown

I have never muscled in on someones supposed "reserved" spot, but its pretty irritating when I'm on the lake at 9am and there is shit everywhere in all the good spots.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
On Havasu, you can pay for a beach for multiple days and post the receipt to the mooring post. I have seen this in Standard Wash and a few other beaches down south a couple times and was told by the BLM guy that it is alright to do that.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
we usually go out the night before on a seadoo or a boat to put some stuff on a beach. not to reserve it, but more to give us some slack the next morning setting up camp. we do leave it the whole weekend. id have no problem if someone came to the beach on a busy weekend and wanted to share. hell ive had some people throw out stuff in the bushes and claim they didnt do it. i dont care if they use the beach and move our stuff, just no reason to be a douche about it. we're 6 families with usually 4-6 boats, seadoo's, babies, etc.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I think it may have been Father's Day weekend, I drove up to a beach to meet another boat near three dunes, there was an Ez up and chairs all folded up but left right in the middle of a nice sandy spot, the ranger boat parked right next to it. When I got off of my boat, the ranger approached me and asked if the stuff was mine, I said no. He was getting ready to load it up and put it on his boat. When I asked what he was going to do with it he told me, it will go in the pile with the others at the office. I asked him to leave it and assured him it would not be left at the end of another day.

So, on goes more than half of the day and a local guy pulls up and claims it (you know who you are :D). Just 10 minutes before his arrival we set it up. Another hour or so later it would have been in my boat and donated to RD to help his coolers stay cold in his backyard for the next get together! This guy knew better than to ask us to leave the beach, but we offered to help him get his "commercial grade" 10x15 canopy to his boat so he could take it someplace else.

Answer, no... Beaches are first come first serve. Leaving your property is just that, "leaving your property", it might be pushed aside or it might be with the ranger. There are camping beaches and day use beaches. The AZ game and fish dept take great pride in maintaining these spots and have been very good about making more spots available for public use. Most peeps run when asked to pay 15 bucks for day use, don't be that guy. Make your contribution and thank the Rangers that keep our places to play clean and boat friendly.

I try to be fair and understanding most of the time, judgement can be impaired at times tho.

236eagledave

Reaction score
On Havasu, you can pay for a beach for multiple days and post the receipt to the mooring post. I have seen this in Standard Wash and a few other beaches down south a couple times and was told by the BLM guy that it is alright to do that.

Unless they've recently changed it the rule was you could camp but if your stuff stayed overnight then you did too. Park rangers used to confiscate stuff left on the beach and you had to go retrieve it up by LHC.

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
...There are camping beaches and day use beaches. The AZ game and fish dept take great pride in maintaining these spots and have been very good about making more spots available for public use. Most peeps run when asked to pay 15 bucks for day use, don't be that guy. Make your contribution and thank the Rangers that keep our places to play clean and boat friendly...

Totally agree Cam ... they should hit up everyone in the channel as well ... they do at Pirates ...

TRAVISD

Reaction score
We launched at 7 am both sat and sun this weekend so that we could go get a good beach down south. When we got to the beach we use on holiday weekends someone had left there stuff, but there was plenty of room and we all squeezed in. What really irritates is when someone marks a beach and they don't show up till noon that pisses me off. If you are going to mark a beach, then get your ass down there and use it.

guest hs

Reaction score
I LIKE THE GUYS THIS PAST WEEKEND AT PIRATES COVE THAT HAD 3 SIDE BY SIDE UTVS PARKED ON THE WATERS EDGE WHERE YOU COULDNT PULL A BOAT UP ON. I THOUGHT THIS WAS FOR BOATS NOT UTVS ETC. TAKE THE UTVS TO THE DUNES OR BRING THEM ON A WEEKEND THATS NOT A HOLIDAY WHEN ITS FULL OF BOATS. HELL BRING THEM WHEN YOU EVER WANT BUT DO TAKE UP PRECIOUS BOAT PARKING.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

It is more prevalent on holiday weekends when all the "3 times a year" boaters show up on the lake. Their beach etiquette lacks pretty much any etiquette at all.:rolleyes
:)

TRAVISD

Reaction score
It is more prevalent on holiday weekends when all the "3 times a year" boaters show up on the lake. Their beach etiquette lacks pretty much any etiquette at all.:rolleyes
:)

Isn't that the truth!!!

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
Then you get the people that pay for a seasonal day use pass abusing the camp sites.

A buddy wanted to go old school a few weeks ago. He headed out and found a camp site near 3 dunes. Paid his over night fees to the ranger and posted his receipt/tag whatever. When he got back from a morning boating run his camp site was overrun with locals that arrived in trucks and cars along with a dozen or more boats and he was left floating for a while.

Seemed kind of messed up. If you pay for a camp site, it should be exclusive.

hvnfun

Hvnfun
Reaction score
Thanks Throttle, I have lived here 18 years and that has been a constant irritant. The people are getting bolder in the channel and I guess the only way they will stop is if they are challenged every time they do it, to me if there is not a boat there the beach is open whether it is in the channel, the river or down the lake. If stuff is left it should just be moved aside. Way to few beaches on a busy weekend for beaches to sit until the owner of the junk shows up.
Thanks all.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We launched at 7 am both sat and sun this weekend so that we could go get a good beach down south. When we got to the beach we use on holiday weekends someone had left there stuff, but there was plenty of room and we all squeezed in. What really irritates is when someone marks a beach and they don't show up till noon that pisses me off. If you are going to mark a beach, then get your ass down there and use it.

The people that leave their junk on the beach are the lazy ones that know they won't get there early enough the next day to get it. :rolleyes

riverroyal

Reaction score
Be up before sunrise and go gather up all the easy up frames, recycle them. It's stupid. If you want a beach, get you ass up at 4am and go plant your ass there. Otherwise tough shit

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons i have never liked boating on Havasu, and i could see how it could get really bad with the sheer amount of people boating there, obviously up at Mead it's different. I don't have a problem with people leaving some stuff at the beach as "home base" while they go for a boat ride for an hour or so and come back. But leaving it there all day is a dick move if it's that crowded. If they leave someone back hanging with the gear then imo the spot is taken, boat or no boat. Abandoning the gear with no one there is a little more wishy washy.

If someone is saving a spot for their buddy i don't have a problem with that either, if you want to park there until the other guy shows up that's cool, but it's kind of a dick move when they get there and you say "screw you it's my spot now".

I guess it just comes down to common sense and a little bit of cordiality. We are spoiled up here in that department for sure.

I like going to the lake to relax and drink some beers, not to fight and conflict over sand, this aint the middle east people :D

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I'm going to start moving stuff at mohave and when the owners get huffy I'll give them a link the this thread [emoji2]as surprising as it may be I don't like the confrontation and would rather just find another beach.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Be up before sunrise and go gather up all the easy up frames, recycle them. It's stupid. If you want a beach, get you ass up at 4am and go plant your ass there. Otherwise tough shit

start up a recycling gig. get a pontoon boat and go around to all the campsites at night and pick everything up and recycle it. like those scrap metal recycling trucks that drive around all the time.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I'll just go find another beach. It's never often enough that I get to the river, so I'm not going to let a beach hog ruin my day/ trip. No one owns the the dirt or water, we must share it all. Just go find a new spot, crack open a beer and enjoy your day on the water. In most cases, I wouldn't want to beach my boat and hang next to those people anyways.

Another thing to consider about the channel; some of those people don't have boats, but still wish to enjoy a day in the channel so they block off a section with chairs and rafts. So be it. Who is anyone here to deny them of that right? Be thankful that you have a boat and have the ability to enjoy every part of the lake/ river, unlike them. I've been boat less and it sucks.

2Driver

Reaction score
The opposite is true.

You have a real little beach to yourself with other beaches available and in comes the shit show 2' off your gunnel to squeeze in like its a parking lot at the grocery store

Fuck the gorge during the weekend.

Just Ducky

Reaction score
on havasu at the state park sites like three dunes ect. its first come basis.We were there at seven in the morning on sunday and there were two e z ups and a bunch of chairs on the beach.We had our spot across the cove and did not see anyone show up there till after 200pm.I think people need to realize that hogging up a spot you won't even be at all day is bullshit.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I LIKE THE GUYS THIS PAST WEEKEND AT PIRATES COVE THAT HAD 3 SIDE BY SIDE UTVS PARKED ON THE WATERS EDGE WHERE YOU COULDNT PULL A BOAT UP ON. I THOUGHT THIS WAS FOR BOATS NOT UTVS ETC. TAKE THE UTVS TO THE DUNES OR BRING THEM ON A WEEKEND THATS NOT A HOLIDAY WHEN ITS FULL OF BOATS. HELL BRING THEM WHEN YOU EVER WANT BUT DO TAKE UP PRECIOUS BOAT PARKING.

A few years ago we had the same thing happen. They were 10' back with easy ups so we just pulled in and parked. They came down 2 hours later in rzrs and rhinos and didn't say anything. We ended up talking with them and they were owners in the park. We all hung out and chilled the rest of the day.