WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Relocating out of Kalifornia

BAS

Reaction score
So it looks like we’re out of here. And I agree this shit whole of a state sucks and only get worst. But I never wanted to leave it, this was home for us. My wife, myself and our two kids were all born at Mission Viejo Hospital. We currently leave within a mile of the homes we both grow up in. Families are here. But out of all this the hardest part is my happy place the “Colorado river” is 248 miles door to door and we’re going to relocate to castle rock co., which will be 978 miles .

I really pushed for Havasu, but the wife thinks it’s a bad idea...

I know we have some people from from other states. How often do you guys make the river trips? How many miles are they?

cofooter

Reaction score
I live in Longmont, Co and drive out to the river 4 or 5 times a year at least. 930 miles - 13 1/2 to 14 hrs. Other times we get a cheap flight into Vegas or Phoenix (Phoenix is way better) and get a rental car. There are some really big lakes closer like McConnaughy in Southern Nebraska, Navajo Reservoir in Southern Colorado or Glendo in Wyoming that aren't very crowded, Forget those public lakes around Denver, they suck. We ski on a little private lake up in Greeley and thats about the only boating I do in Colorado anymore. Colorado rocks but check first it may already be closed.
32737476_10216347596185650_1410227781219909632_o.jpg

Last edited:

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I got out a year ago. best thing i ever did. Life is amazing up here with ton's of stuff to do. I don't go to the river anymore although I might once I sell my big boat and get a smaller one. Just got tired of the the heat, the f'd up people, etc.

I'm now about 600 miles from Havasu but only an hour to Lake Tahoe and 15 minutes to Topaz. There is also fantastic 4 wheeling (open desert and mountains to the east and the Sierra's and the Rubicon to the west), beautiful mountain twisty roads, hiking, dirt biking, etc.

I think what you may find once you move is that your interests will change once you discover all the other things to do in CO. The only down side up there is going to be crowds and traffic on the 25 which can get pretty bad.

The biggest change for me was the quality of life and the kind of people that live up here. It is a conservative area with good values, no crime and people treat each other with respect and politeness. People leave their keys in their cars and don;t lock their doors. May not be quite as safe where you are but a world of difference from Kommmiefornia!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Nevada is closed. Might want to try one of the other 48 states. :D

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Well good luck , I would say the boating in Colorado can't be much better than in North Dakota [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There are some beautiful lakes there!

Just make sure you like cold water. :cool:

jet496

Reaction score
Pueblo Reservoir is close, but Lake Navajo is fantastic. It's quite a distance for you though.

Colorado is the only place I would go if we leave San Diego. We have family all up and down the I-25 corridor.

River Runnin

Captain Of Havasu’s Coolest Boat
Reaction score
A couple good snow storms and you'll be re-think'n that AZ thing again! :D And if not!...Just another SnowBird to deal with! ;) o_O LOL!

Reactions: BAS

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Heading to Prescott AZ this weekend to look at some property with the wife!!! Planning our get away!!! F'K California and there F'd up politics and taxes!!!!
My wife and I have been talking about the possibility of moving to AZ in the next few years. I think Prescott is the area I'd prefer due to climate and all but it is pricier than other areas and work for myself would likely be further away and such (Commercial HVAC and Refrigeration).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

blown32

Reaction score
Heading to Prescott AZ this weekend to look at some property with the wife!!! Planning our get away!!! F'K California and there F'd up politics and taxes!!!!
Prescott is awesome, moved from torrance to arrowhead and now in Prescott for 38 years and only 3 hours t o Havasu!

MOUZER

Reaction score
looked at homes in colorado springs castle rock and ft collins...we liked castle rock the best.......but now where getting a lake front home in s carolina...

tony

Reaction score
My wife and I have been talking about the possibility of moving to AZ in the next few years. I think Prescott is the area I'd prefer due to climate and all but it is pricier than other areas and work for myself would likely be further away and such (Commercial HVAC and Refrigeration).

Sent from my SM-G935V using I also like the climate in Prescott as far as the prices of homes it's a lot more affordable than California!! I'm 50 years old been in the entertainment biusness for 23 years and I'm rapidly heading for retirement in 7 years so I'm starting to do the best research I can do and the state of AZ is at the top of our list. Between property taxes utility's car and homeowners insurance az

ekbearly

Reaction score
We moved from SoCal to outside of Castle Rock 5 years ago. We’ve had a lot of family and friends follow us here after visiting. I can be content anywhere but this is a great place to live. We hate going back to concrete, brown sky and the artificial environment of CA.

For those of you who think we have ice, gray sky and snow 50% of the year, keep promoting that idea. We don’t need people finding out the truth.

For lakes, head up to Grand/Shadow Mountain/Granby for long weekends, Glendo for 4-5 nights and explore new destinations if you can do extended trips. We did Flathead Lake last year and made it a two week adventure that included Yellowstone and Jackson on the trip back. The drive is half the adventure as you explore the old west and plains. We never did Havasu and weren’t into crowds. We were always Tahoe and ocean boaters so our idea of fun might be different.

Boating has taken a backseat to camping, renting cabins, hunting, fishing, off-roading, snowboarding, snowmobiling and exploring the mountains and mountain towns. We still boat, but there is a lot to be said for renting a house on 40 acres outside of Telluride and fishing 30 miles of river with no pressure and then sitting back and watching 150 elk stroll by during a sunset. It’s a different kind of relaxation.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If or when we move to AZ I want to find somewhere that is cheaper housing prices than where I live now and right now, Prescott and Prescott Valley are priced right about the same as here. Granted the cost of living would be less, but at least at this time it's not enough to make me want to move yet.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
We made our break out of Kalifornia 4 weeks ago and couldn't be happier in Mesa, AZ. Here are 4 of the many reasons:

Saguaro Lake
saguaro-lake-sm.jpg
Picturesque Saguaro Lake is about 40 miles northeast of Phoenix and the Scottsdale area. Saguaro Lake offers special views, canyon walls and excellent boating fun. The Saguaro Lake Marina offers boat mooring, boat rentals, a restaurant and picnic facilities. Saguaro Lake is a sister lake of Canyon, Apache and Roosevelt Lake which are all created along the Salt River which becomes a dry river bed as it flows through Phoenix.Read more about Saguaro Lake

Canyon Lake
canyon-lake-inset.jpg
Just northeast of Mesa and Apache Junction Arizona about 40 miles from the Phoenix area, Canyon Lake offers the most spectacular canyon walls. Canyon Lake lies in the Superstition Mountain area and is the gateway to the Apache Trail leading to both Apache Lake and Roosevelt Lake. This entire area features amazing views and very scenic hiking. Read more about Canyon Lake

Apache Lake
apache-lake-inset.jpg
Apache Lake is a relatively short drive up the very scenic Apache Trail from Canyon Lake. High canyon walls and deep luscious mountain valleys accent one of the most beautiful landscapes in Arizona. There are several miles of dirt road leading to Apache Lake but is assessable to everyday automobiles. Apache Lake is surrounded by the Superstition Wilderness, home of picturesque Superstition Mountain and the Legend of The Lost Dutchman’s gold mine. Apace Lake Marina and Resort provides a multitude of amenity services. Read more about Apache Lake

Roosevelt Lake
roosevelt-lake-bridge.jpg
Bridge Over Roosevelt Lake© Alan Stark

Roosevelt Lake lies above Apache Lake up the Apache Trail and is the farthest from the Phoenix area cities. But it is the largest of the lakes within one and one half hour driving distance of Phoenix and the Valley of the Sun at over 17 miles in length. Roosevelt Lake was formed in 1911 with the construction of Roosevelt Dam on the Salt River. Today about 10 miles of the original river is beneath lake waters. Lake Roosevelt offers marina features, camping grounds and nearby motels and RV parks. Read more about Roosevelt Lake.

There are plenty more lakes and the River isn't all that far...

http://www.arizona-leisure.com/phoenix-lakes-boating.html

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
For the mountain lakes thats definitely true. Down here on the Front Range and out on the plains we're already mid-70's. Tops out around 85 in August.

We were skiing in a private ditch in Hygiene. The water was pretty dam cold!

cofooter

Reaction score
We were skiing in a private ditch in Hygiene. The water was pretty dam cold!

Some of those ditch lakes are cold, I agree, water always flowing in and out from snowmelt or drainage from the bottom of a dam. Where was it in Hygiene? I work right there.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Some of those ditch lakes are cold, I agree, water always flowing in and out from snowmelt or drainage from the bottom of a dam. Where was it in Hygiene? I work right there.

Wow. Small world. PM sent..

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Zero trips for me, it’s way too far from Dallas.

Enjoy your new home.

Like our experience in Dallas, I’m sure there’s plenty of new stuff for you to discover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Would that be “dental” or “feminine” ??
:D:D Sorry, I couldn’t resist!

I figured someone would comment on that!

It's a small town next to Longmont. cofooter can probably tell you a lot more about it than I can. Amazingly enough, it actually is his neck of the woods!

Small world for sure. :)

Dettom

Reaction score
So it looks like we’re out of here. And I agree this shit whole of a state sucks and only get worst. But I never wanted to leave it, this was home for us. My wife, myself and our two kids were all born at Mission Viejo Hospital. We currently leave within a mile of the homes we both grow up in. Families are here. But out of all this the hardest part is my happy place the “Colorado river” is 248 miles door to door and we’re going to relocate to castle rock co., which will be 978 miles .

I know we have some people from from other states. How often do you guys make the river trips? How many miles are they?
Colorado has been taken over by former Kommiefornia hippies. It will resemble the Bay Area mindset within a few years. There are parts of it that are still rugged and western and the people are awesome. My son just relocated to Grand Junction and loves it. He’s more redneck than me if that’s even possible. As long as you locate as far as possible from the Front Range, you’ll probably be ok. We moved to Havasu 18 months ago and have zero regrets. The big problem is, liberals ruin a state and then leave, then they pick another place and shit on that one too.

Dettom

Reaction score
If or when we move to AZ I want to find somewhere that is cheaper housing prices than where I live now and right now, Prescott and Prescott Valley are priced right about the same as here. Granted the cost of living would be less, but at least at this time it's not enough to make me want to move yet.

There are over 3,000 retired cops and fire fighters living in Havasu. You’ll be right at home. In fact, it’s the second most popular destination for California public safety behind, of all places, Bend Oregon.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I no PoPo. And WAYYYYY far away from retirement at 32. Lol!
There are over 3,000 retired cops and fire fighters living in Havasu. You’ll be right at home. In fact, it’s the second most popular destination for California public safety behind, of all places, Bend Oregon.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Colorado has been taken over by former Kommiefornia hippies. It will resemble the Bay Area mindset within a few years. There are parts of it that are still rugged and western and the people are awesome. My son just relocated to Grand Junction and loves it. He’s more redneck than me if that’s even possible. As long as you locate as far as possible from the Front Range, you’ll probably be ok. We moved to Havasu 18 months ago and have zero regrets. The big problem is, liberals ruin a state and then leave, then they pick another place and shit on that one too.

For the most part the people leaving Commiefornia are politically conservative. Most Libtards think this place is fucking Utopia, lol.

I will be leaving this state I grew up in also when I retire in 7 years. It’s very sad as this WAS a great place to live and raise a family. Unfortunately the Libtard Super Majority has made this state into an unaffordable Mecca for Illegal Aliens, Crimanals, and LBGT Freaks of Nature. I just won’t be relocating to anywhere that involves the word snow, lol.

buck35

Reaction score
Lol, it slays me to listen to you guys talk about about snow . Seasonal change can be a great thing for different activities throughout the year.

cofooter

Reaction score
I figured someone would comment on that!

It's a small town next to Longmont. cofooter can probably tell you a lot more about it than I can. Amazingly enough, it actually is his neck of the woods!

Small world for sure. :)

Here is a pic of my way in to work this AM overlooking Hygiene with Longs Peak and Rocky Mountain National Park in the background. Not sure why they call it Hygiene. Its an odd name. Just a small town with a cafe, a bar, a general store and a Church full of farmers, ranchers, small business owners and other hard working Americans. No Kommies here.........
IMG_2122.JPG

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my way in to work this AM overlooking Hygiene with Longs Peak and Rocky Mountain National Park in the background. Not sure why they call it Hygiene. Its an odd name. Just a small town with a cafe, a bar, a general store and a Church full of farmers, ranchers, small business owners and other hard working Americans. No Kommies here......... View attachment 650227

As you said, looks just like I remember it. Wide open spaces and killer views.

:thumbup:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Retired cops and firefighters suck! :D:p

Tittyman

79 Sanger Picklefork
Reaction score

So what's the difference between living in Calif. and Colorado..Politics are about the same. By the way, IDAHO IS CLOSED.

Taboma

Reaction score
So what's the difference between living in Calif. and Colorado..Politics are about the same. By the way, IDAHO IS CLOSED.
According to my neighbors who recently moved there: Liberal, except apparently where guns are involved. Water boils much quicker at 7K feet and carrying your own oxygen is something you get accustomed to ---- like the cold and show :D
Oh that and they liked it a lot more than Texas where their daughter lives. She lives near Austin apparently and when they recently visited they were laughing about the so called "Hill Country", claiming their definition of hills are really just mounds.
Don't hate, I've never been either place :D

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
looked at homes in colorado springs castle rock and ft collins...we liked castle rock the best.......but now where getting a lake front home in s carolina...
Where? Lake Wylie?

BAS

Reaction score

To be honest the wife wants, my bestfriend lives there and the cost of living. Our home is valued a 850/900k and it’s less then 1900sqft on 10k lot. My buddies house is in a tract that lots are 40 acres and custom homes starting at 3/4K sqft for about the same price. Last one is my family’s all here. Lol

Only reason I don’t want to leave is Earp ca (big river), we are river rats. Shit my wife was almost both there. But we have family in Fort Lauderdale Florida on the intercostal. And it’s been a blast every time we visit. I guess we’ll be visiting more often.

BAS

Reaction score
The wife kind of fucked me on this one, she’s moved out and took the kiddos. I don’t know if I should move and hope they follow or stay here and fight for our marriage. I flip flop like a tuna

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
The wife kind of fucked me on this one, she’s moved out and took the kiddos. I don’t know if I should move and hope they follow or stay here and fight for our marriage. I flip flop like a tuna
Oh shit ...