WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

rc boats

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
ive been wanting to build a rc boat that matches my race boat. i think it would be something cool to place on a shelf and get a kick out of it when the time comes. ive been pricing small 3 ft mono hulls that somewhat resemble the deep v of a cyclone. i have some friends who are good with fiber glass. the plan is to buy one and then change the deck to match then paint. the problem is most of these are designed to hold a small nitro motor inside the hull with almost a surface drive set up coming out the back.

my boat is a 21 ft nordic cyclone f2. to match the boat i would need a nitro motor outboard if thats what i could call it... i cant seem to find any for sale. any one know what im talking about or what type of motor this is? attached below is a link to a rc nitro gas hydroplane. it has the motor i want but it is priced with the boat as a package. if anything i could buy the whole set up just for the motor but id like to avoid this and just buy the components i need.

http://www.trendtimes.com/nitro-rc-boat.html

any tips? advice, experience with there "toy boats"? ive seen some bad ass rc boats, any advice would help

D

Deleted Account

K&B used to make 3.5 and 7.5cc outboards. Start looking through the RC forums and I'm sure you could find one...

riverratmike

Reaction score
------------

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 219

TerribleSpectra

Reaction score
ive been wanting to build a rc boat that matches my race boat. i think it would be something cool to place on a shelf and get a kick out of it when the time comes. ive been pricing small 3 ft mono hulls that somewhat resemble the deep v of a cyclone. i have some friends who are good with fiber glass. the plan is to buy one and then change the deck to match then paint. the problem is most of these are designed to hold a small nitro motor inside the hull with almost a surface drive set up coming out the back.

my boat is a 21 ft nordic cyclone f2. to match the boat i would need a nitro motor outboard if thats what i could call it... i cant seem to find any for sale. any one know what im talking about or what type of motor this is? attached below is a link to a rc nitro gas hydroplane. it has the motor i want but it is priced with the boat as a package. if anything i could buy the whole set up just for the motor but id like to avoid this and just buy the components i need.

http://www.trendtimes.com/nitro-rc-boat.html

any tips? advice, experience with there "toy boats"? ive seen some bad ass rc boats, any advice would help

Get ready to dump some serious cash. I took Kaplan, Kompaniez and Olhasso to the hobby shop one hung over Sunday, we each dropped about a grand and had about fourteen minutes of fun until we had to go back to the hobby shop for more, better parts....have fun though, I know where you get can get three boats right now....

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
Get ready to dump some serious cash. I took Kaplan, Kompaniez and Olhasso to the hobby shop one hung over Sunday, we each dropped about a grand and had about fourteen minutes of fun until we had to go back to the hobby shop for more, better parts....have fun though, I know where you get can get three boats right now....

any with an outboard?

Faceaz

Reaction score
Too bad, I just sold a couple.

Attachments

• CIMG4484r.jpg
    CIMG4484r.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 148

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I just looked in my garage I have a DUMAS 1416 hull still in the orginal box if you are interested.