WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ranger Raptor is coming..sometime..

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
One thing that the ranger raptor has that is very desireable and work really well is short course links in the rear. No more leaf springs. Aftermarket will be all over this one with bypasses add ons and long travel front to add a by pass like the big brother. I fear this will have a hefty price tag 40k + for the raptor model. Because of that people will stick with the big brother because of the cab size, payload and towing capability of the raw truck.

Taboma

Reaction score
One thing that the ranger raptor has that is very desireable and work really well is short course links in the rear. No more leaf springs. Aftermarket will be all over this one with bypasses add ons and long travel front to add a by pass like the big brother. I fear this will have a hefty price tag 40k + for the raptor model. Because of that people will stick with the big brother because of the cab size, payload and towing capability of the raw truck.

I know damn well my engineer neighbor who's worked for the past 7 years as a suspension subcontracting consultant for Ford on the Raptor project, knows all. He's out at Ocotillo several times a week winter and summer getting paid to do what we call fun --- beating the living piss out of these things. But if I bring up Ranger Raptor, Bronco Raptor or even 19' full size Raptor, he goes 100% poker face, seals his lips, walks away or instantly changes the subject. I'm guessing his NDA includes a slow death :eek: I've seen some cool videos, but there's segments where he puts his thumb or finger over some part of the truck :mad: If I inquire, it's an immediate -- "Oh that's nothing", lol

brgrcru

Reaction score

I think 50 k will be starting point. great another 75 k truck.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The reason Ford isn't talking about bringing it out is because it could (will) cannibalize F-150 Raptor sales and even F-150 sales.

It won't cost what the F-150 Raptor costs (about $65k plus) - it'll be a lot less than that.

I'm interested and would consider giving up my Raptor for it because it will FIT ON JEEP trails! After taking my Raptor out on New Year's weekend (around Calico) and desert pinstriping the hell out of it I need a smaller (narrower) version. And don't suggest a Jeep. I traded in my JKUR and would only go back to a Jeep as a designated offroader. I'd rather have a Ranger Raptor for that

Riley1

Reaction score
I am dead set on getting a jeep truck next year. But I may have to wait to compare it with this.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I think 50 k will be starting point. great another 75 k truck.
The reason Ford isn't talking about bringing it out is because it could (will) cannibalize F-150 Raptor sales and even F-150 sales.

It won't cost what the F-150 Raptor costs (about $65k plus) - it'll be a lot less than that.

I'm interested and would consider giving up my Raptor for it because it will FIT ON JEEP trails! After taking my Raptor out on New Year's weekend (around Calico) and desert pinstriping the hell out of it I need a smaller (narrower) version. And don't suggest a Jeep. I traded in my JKUR and would only go back to a Jeep as a designated offroader. I'd rather have a Ranger Raptor for that

I don't think it will be 50K...

It will be priced at 40-42K to compete with the TRD pro Tacoma and ZR2 Colorado.

I also don't think it will effect it's big brothers sales and imagine it will show up here eventually.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
This may be my next vehicle if it truly comes with Long Travel Suspension + Twin Turbo Diesel. Probably wont see anything until at least the 2020 model year though.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
So, does that mean you buy regular "walking shoes", or high performance "jogging shoes", to walk home in ?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
They are saying that the US version will get a gas motor not the diesel. I would bet its the 325 horse V6 from the Fusion Sport if they didnt want to eat into F150 Raptor sales or the 400 horse V6 from Lincoln if they didn't care. 210 hp isn't gonna get it done in a raptor... The Colorado in ZR2 form has 20 less hp and equal torque but that thing is a slug 0-60 in 9.forever seconds.

spectras only

Reaction score
My son modified his Ranger LevelII years ago, not wanting to wait for Ford ;)
Manual gearbox, Yukon diff, Dixon Brothers front , long travel coil overs rear with 22" travel. Thing goes anywhere and likes to jump:D
Adriansranger.jpg

16174479_10158242117595595_6071721839373097563_n.jpg