WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ranch Dressing

Warlock1

Reaction score
As I sit here eating my salad, I realize that the Hidden Valley kind has a sweet undertone to it. Maybe I have just never noticed it or maybe my taste is changing, but I'm not a fan. I really like Texas Roadhouse Ranch, but they refuse to give up the recipe.

Any other Ranch connoisseur's on here and what do you prefer? Do you make your own or just grab the store bought kind?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
As I sit here eating my salad, I realize that the Hidden Valley kind has a sweet undertone to it. Maybe I have just never noticed it or maybe my taste is changing, but I'm not a fan. I really like Texas Roadhouse Ranch, but they refuse to give up the recipe.

Any other Ranch connoisseur's on here and what do you prefer? Do you make your own or just grab the store bought kind?
yea, my wife and kids.... they love that shit.....I'm a blue cheese dressing guy....

At home, they make there own (with the package ) or they buy the one at Sam's.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Kens, and used to like Bobs but it changed it's recipe.

poncho

Reaction score
I like Hidden Valley but prefer Ken's for store bought. Tx Road House is really good as well. Uncle Dan's ranch is really good.
Grew up on Uncle Dans, Mom mixed in her own extras. 👍

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Red Devil Pizza in La Verne has the best ranch.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
What is the point of eating a salad if you're going to put ranch on it? Kinda defeats the "health" purpose of the salad...
It’s the lying to yourself eating vegetables and we’ll ignore the fact we just put enough dressing on it that we’d be better off with a Double Double.

If I want a salad I’ll have a Double Double protein style. At least I’ll know it’s really a burger.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
  1. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream and milk until smooth.
  2. Add the dill, parsley, chives, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
  3. Add the lemon and whisk again. Pour into a jar and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Tank

Reaction score
Hidden Valley from the powder. Quite different than the bottle. After eating it for awhile, the bottle has almost a chemical metallic taste that's just straight nasty.
Wing Stop hands down has the best ranch.

Wing stop and some of these other restaurants use the hidden valley powder. You mix it with mayo and buttermilk and chill. Fuckin AMAZING!!! Not that shit in the bottle. That stuff is crap.

The packet mix have a tang and a bit lighter taste. Good for dipping veggies.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Gregg's was always my absolute favorite. Costco.
Screenshot_20240904_155127_Chrome.jpg

Sherpa

Reaction score
Hidden Valley buttermilk recipe packets.
The milk recipe sucks.

I practically drink the stuff.

Homegrown cherry tomatoes dipped in ranch!

Pretzels in ranch.

Everything in ranch!!

4Waters

Reaction score
Also, The Hat has awesome Buttermilk Ranch and it goes amazing with their fries and only their fries. Their fries don't taste good in any other ranch nor does someone else's fries taste good in their ranch. It's weird, I know.

Nordie

Reaction score
Blue Cheese dressing smokes Ranch, change my mind.. Nothing better than a hot wing dipped in Blue Cheese.. Fuck yeah...

on a salad I prefer the crumbly blue cheese or a balsamic vinegarette.

On a hot wing ranch all day

DLC

Reaction score
Bobs blue and Italian mixed 50/50 - Da BOMB !

No need to thank me later….

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Ranch?????????????? My grandkids got addicted to ranch eating it with McDonalds chicken nuggets

Nordie

Reaction score
What about the sauce from Raising Canes? That stuff is good

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My wife likes the Skinny Girl brand of ranch dressing.

beertruck

Reaction score
We have been making our own parmesan peppercorn ranch dressing for almost 30 years now. About 15 years ago I worked with Ken's dressings to reverse engineer our recipe to a bottle stable version we could sell. In all my years in the restaurant industry Ive never received so much hate mail as whenI tried to do that. People are funny sometimes.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
My neighbor was very wealthy , He told my wife He held a patent on Hidden Valley Ranch , to this day I still use the OG dry mix and mayo/milk method , any hint of Vinegar from bottled "non refrigerated" ranch is a huge turn off

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Usually make my own. Very simple ingredients. Just use the hidden valley packet (restaurant style) and follow instructions. I like mine a little runny like wingstop ranch.
This ^^^^^

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Wing stop and some of these other restaurants use the hidden valley powder. You mix it with mayo and buttermilk and chill. Fuckin AMAZING!!! Not that shit in the bottle. That stuff is crap.

The packet mix have a tang and a bit lighter taste. Good for dipping veggies.

This is how we make it. The bottled stuff tastes horrible.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Yea it definitely has changed over the years. Not real good. Mud Sharks dressing is amazing. Seems they mix ranch with a red vinaigrette. Really good