WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rachel Buffet found guilty

Socalx09

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone remembers the brutal killings in Orange County of Sam Herr who served in the army and his friend Julie Kibuish. There have been many shows about it.

Sam Herr was the son of my mom's friend and coworker in Orange. He was killed for money to pay for a wedding and honeymoon. He saved up cash while he was in Afghanistan. He was dismembered by Daniel Wozniak and than Wozniak killed his friend Julie, made it look like a rape to make it look like Sam snapped and killed her. Wozniak was sentenced to death last year, but I doubt that will happen in California.

His fiancee, Rachel Buffet, was finally convicted that she was an accessory today. She has been on Dr. Phil and other shows saying she knew nothing about the murders. But, her lies finally caught up. My mom's friends have been in every single hearing since this started in 2010. So glad this brings them some closure.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/09/...iak-guilty-of-being-accessory-after-the-fact/

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Having just read the whole story of the 2 murders...just makes me wonder how anyone could possibly think of doing something like this I don’t get it???...

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Is it weird that I could think about murder, when it comes harm done to my loved ones? I think what differentiates people isn't their ability or desire to commit violence, just their motivation. Glad they convicted them, too bad it wasn't in Texas.

Socalx09

Reaction score
...Having just read the whole story of the 2 murders...just makes me wonder how anyone could possibly think of doing something like this I don’t get it???...

It is just something you never imagine happening to anyone you know. Sam survived war only to come back to be dismembered over money? And, that it still took 8 years with all the evidence they had. Wozniak brothers also helped and were found guilty. They used Rachel's brother truck as well. But I don't think he has been charged for anything.

Everything about this makes me angry still. I have read almost everything associated with the case. It just is sickening. I personally think she was the brains.
RIP Sam and Julie.
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 12.49.30 AM.png

rrrr

Reaction score
The killer got the death penalty, which in California is a sad joke. Even here in Texas, the state that executes more killers than all others combined, it usually takes over ten years for the shitbags to get the needle.

Those found guilty and sentenced to death should get a limited number of fast track appeals and then the sentence should be carried out.

Regarding the claims that innocents have been executed, I would be OK with death penalty cases to require DNA and other direct evidence, while circumstantial cases or those without ironclad proof be limited to life without parole.

It's a travesty that families are victimized for decades by endless appeals and schemes to avoid the sentence being carried out. If the asshole killers thought they were badass enough to kill somebody, they shouldn't be allowed to file appeals claiming the execution drugs might cause pain. Who gives a fuck? Not me.

There are over 740 inmates on death row at San Quentin. It's past time to clear the backlog.

Sitting quietly next to his attorney, Wozniak stared straight ahead as the judge read the sentence. He will join more than 740 other inmates on San Quentin’s death row.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
So she gets a Max of 44 months?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Hadn't heard about this, it's very disturbing how some people have no respect for others.
Trying to cash in on someone else's hard work is despicable.

May your friends RIP. The perps will get what's coming to them. Karma is a bitch

JDKRXW

Reaction score
THIS x 10; From the artical,

"Wozniak’s attorneys argued that Buffett had manipulated him, while the lead investigator in the case testified that she should have been facing trial alongside Wozniak."

shunter2005

Reaction score
The killer got the death penalty, which in California is a sad joke. Even here in Texas, the state that executes more killers than all others combined, it usually takes over ten years for the shitbags to get the needle.

Those found guilty and sentenced to death should get a limited number of fast track appeals and then the sentence should be carried out.

Regarding the claims that innocents have been executed, I would be OK with death penalty cases to require DNA and other direct evidence, while circumstantial cases or those without ironclad proof be limited to life without parole.

It's a travesty that families are victimized for decades by endless appeals and schemes to avoid the sentence being carried out. If the asshole killers thought they were badass enough to kill somebody, they shouldn't be allowed to file appeals claiming the execution drugs might cause pain. Who gives a fuck? Not me.

There are over 740 inmates on death row at San Quentin. It's past time to clear the backlog.

Sitting quietly next to his attorney, Wozniak stared straight ahead as the judge read the sentence. He will join more than 740 other inmates on San Quentin’s death row.
rrrr, you are exactly right. The first capital murder case I was involved with was tried in 1984. The State of Texas tried, convicted and sentenced the suspect to death by lethal injection. He has been sitting on Death Row here in Texas for over 34 years. Numerous appeals have been denied, but he still sits on the Row. He has got to be close to 75-80 years old now. Like others he will eventually get the death penalty, but it will be from old age.

They have finally figured out how to basically abolish the death penalty here. The punishment has now been changed. It used to be either death (issued by the judge, if jury could answer three specific questions in the affirmative) or life in prison, which was based on time served, so the inmate could usually be released in a set number of years. The law now says that the jury, can also sentence the convicted person to life in prison without possibility of parole, which, in most cases will basically take the death penalty off the table. It's a lot easier on their conscience to sentence a guy to life without parole, rather than to see him sentenced to death.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Prior to this, I had a hard time with the death penalty. I thought it might be harder to live life in prison and morally, I didn’t want to play God. after these murders, I no longer had a problem. I don’t even care if it’s painful. It should be. He has a sick fan club too. They blogs, write and visit him and post anything he writes back to them. I believe one of his “fans” is writing a book about him and the trials.

Here is part of his confession. He later denied it.

There are full videos- true crimes, dateline, 20/20 all did stories on it. I’m sure it’s on YouTube.

Yes, she will sadly get 44 months or less. She should have been on trial with him like the article said.

Sam’s Dad, Steve, was a Special Ed teacher at the school my mom taught. They worked together many many years and became friends.