WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Question to the Go-Karts experts on the board

spectras only

Reaction score
I've a shifter Tony-Kart OTK model with homologation number plate, with serial number as well, but can't find the exact manufacturing date, searching the net.

1594998461951.png

ltbaney1

Reaction score
nice Kart, i picked up a CRG with a rotax right before this pandemic BS. Im no help on the date, but Acceleration Karting in vegas has been a ton of help for me, i would give them a shot. What area are you in? always looking for someone to run around with.

530RL

Reaction score
I’m not aware of a manufacturing date on a Tony. You can use the homologation number to identify when it was homologated and that will give you a range of years that chassis was manufactured.

First digits/letters is typically the homologation number, the second is typically the type of equipment and the third is typically the last year the homologatIon is valid unless extended. After that is typically a serial number. With that said, different manufacturers do it differently so some web searching might be required with the numbers as orders are mixed around.

If you put the homologation number in the web with the brand and model you can usually find some more information on that group of chassis.

Last edited:

fmo24

Reaction score
nice Kart, i picked up a CRG with a rotax right before this pandemic BS. Im no help on the date, but Acceleration Karting in vegas has been a ton of help for me, i would give them a shot. What area are you in? always looking for someone to run around with.
He’s in British Columbia

spectras only

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The homologation number tells me , it was manufactured between 2009-2014.
I'm a member at Area 27 where we have a G0-Kart track, called Kartplex. Kartplex is open to the public to rent their Karts, having my own ,I can run there .

Boat211

Reaction score
I’m no help but a big fan of karting. I did it several years ago and then got my son into it at a very young age. We both still talk about how cool it was.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
If anyone wants a Shifter Kart cheap I should let someone take my old one. It's been sitting in my shed since Moran Raceway closed.

05ish CRG 125 Road Rebel TM 125. Ex CRG pro team "Stars of Karting" series setup. Spare built TM motor, three sets of mag wheels. Lake Elsinore area.

traquer

Reaction score
Badass. I've driven a few and all I can say is those shifter carts are overwhelming for a new driver haha. I was actually faster in a TAG cart. shifters are like mini F1 cars

Taboma

Reaction score
I've a shifter Tony-Kart OTK model with homologation number plate, with serial number as well, but can't find the exact manufacturing date, searching the net.

View attachment 899582

I noticed you'd mentioned they have a kart track at Area 27, will they let you run that on the long RR track ? Be curious what your time might be.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
If anyone wants a Shifter Kart cheap I should let someone take my old one. It's been sitting in my shed since Moran Raceway closed.

05ish CRG 125 Road Rebel TM 125. Ex CRG pro team "Stars of Karting" series setup. Spare built TM motor, three sets of mag wheels. Lake Elsinore area.

How much?

rrrr

Reaction score

If I wasn't so broken down, old and fat to sit in a kart, I'd be all over it! 🤪

DaveTic

Reaction score

Moran was an incredible cart track👍. Banked turn, off camber S, elevation change I miss that place.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Moran was an incredible cart track👍. Banked turn, off camber S, elevation change I miss that place.

Yeah, built by Rocky Moran of Toyota GTP fame. I think they tried to emulate Laguna cork screw and a few other famed tracks.

SPYLIFE

Reaction score
Been riding tracks on MX bikes without ever getting injured for about 15 years. At 50, been thinking time to go out on a high note, and look for something new. I found this evening, there is a track close by me in N. Texas. Are these things a lot of work to maintain?

spectras only

Reaction score
I noticed you'd mentioned they have a kart track at Area 27, will they let you run that on the long RR track ? Be curious what your time might be.
No, you can't run Go-Karts or the Golf carts the support crew uses around the paddock. Would be cool though. ;)
The Kart track is 3/4 mile long with 20 turns and elevation changes. Jacques Villeneuve designed the Kart track too..
1595046108952.png

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
Been riding tracks on MX bikes without ever getting injured for about 15 years. At 50, been thinking time to go out on a high note, and look for something new. I found this evening, there is a track close by me in N. Texas. Are these things a lot of work to maintain?
You're young at 50, I'm 73 and not shy to run what you brung to the track.;) Definitely have to use rib protectors, my bones are not as sturdy as it used to be at 50.:eek:😃 Maintenance on a Go-Kart is a lot cheaper than maintaining my Viper or even my Miata. Tires and brake pads are the only thing that needs paying attention. Tires for the Miata runs about 800 bucks, over 2500 for the Viper. Go-Kart tires vary between brands.I got Vega tires on it, about $ 215 US for a set. Bridgestone is cheaper. We have pumps at the track, 94 octane for road curcuit cars and VP 110 for Karts.