WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

PSA for any Patron fans.....

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
My lovely wife just sent me a picture from Costco, seemed like a good deal. Ive never tried other than silver, so why not? :)

I figured I would pass it along to the peeps.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
patron.jpg

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Costco yearly membership... $50
Monthly bill spent at Costco...$500
Patron gift pack...$99.99
Anything to make it thru the holidays with family... priceless!

:D
Besides the product price, I cannot dispute any of those numbers. My lovely wife handles that end of the household. :) Seems reasonable.

Ive purged idiotic family members through the years, so I don't have those issues, anymore.

In the nicest way possible, "Sorry about your bad luck" :)

gmnhra

Reaction score
kudos to John Paul for taking a low end tequila and marketing the crap out of it into the "standard" name for tequila....by far the worst "high end" tequila (in my opinion) and good for margaritas only....now the orange liqueur in the picture is a necessary ingredient for those margaritas, so that will be on the Costco list this week....

Lets just say...take a sip of Don Julio Seventieth, blanco anejo, and then say the patron silver is good....

oops. in looking at the pic, it is a 4 pack..if two are the silver and one the orange ...you can dump the anejo down the drain (or give to "friend for xmas who thinks patron is the shit) and use the other for margaritas...still a good price

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
kudos to John Paul for taking a low end tequila and marketing the crap out of it into the "standard" name for tequila....by far the worst "high end" tequila (in my opinion) and good for margaritas only....now the orange liqueur in the picture is a necessary ingredient for those margaritas, so that will be on the Costco list this week....

Lets just say...take a sip of Don Julio Seventieth, blanco anejo, and then say the patron silver is good....

oops. in looking at the pic, it is a 4 pack..if two are the silver and one the orange ...you can dump the anejo down the drain (or give to "friend for xmas who thinks patron is the shit) and use the other for margaritas...still a good price
Well sweet, Debbie downer.

Way to piss on a cool deal with your refined palette. :)

Damn.

You probably rip nice looking flowers off a neighbors bush and throw them in the gutter, just for fun.

gmnhra

Reaction score
well you know what they say about opinions..and I recognize that I am a big "opinion"
yes...I am a tequila snob...
and yes I hate flowers.....

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score

Plain old Hornitos is what Mexicans drink in Mexico. Dat chit has a ton of flabor.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Go to total wine and get the Porfidio Reposado or Anejo, wayyyyyyyy better than Patron, right around that same price point. Some of the smoothest sipping Tequila around.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

I like the Don Julio 1942 myself... Patron sucks.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Patron is ok. It’s good for shots at a bar.

Don Julio REAL is my favorite. 1942 my second. Haven’t tasted a tequila that good and that smooth. That being said it’s not even in the same ballpark price wise as a bottle of Patron.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Who uses salt and limes to take shots other then women:cool:

I do, and then I usually do something stupid. I don't know why that always happens with tequila.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
So Brain... how was your cheap Tequila?

Im sure you are just fuckin with me, all over.

Well, to be honest, at $75-100 for a "1.75 handle", I don't really think it is that cheap, but I am still at the shop, so no idea.

I like Patron, I am sure there are better tequilas out there, but there are THOUSANDS of worse ones. ;) Bunchafuckinballersonhere.

I figured it would be a heads up for anyone who liked it, I didn't realize there were so many tequila raaaaaccciiiissss's on RDP, kinda regret even posting it for the peeps.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I like to drink tequila, I'm just not so keen on sippin it...

I always appreciate a heads up. :D

You should have learned by now you can't have regrets posting here, shit even feelings...the world is a mean place. :p

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I don't sip the shit either. Goes right into a margarita. :)

This gangster learned a long time ago, drinking shots leads to problems all over. ;)

Brian

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Fucking with you? No.

Pilling on? Maybe just a little. :D

Personally I don't touch the stuff, even at Costco prices. I wouldn't know a good tequila if it landed on my face a started wiggling.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Fucking with you? No.

Pilling on? Maybe just a little. :D

Personally I don't touch the stuff, even at Costco prices. I wouldn't know a good tequila if it landed on my face a started wiggling.
so does that mean a cuervo kinda guy?

rvrrun

Reaction score
IMG_3746.JPG
so does that mean a cuervo kinda guy?

1800 is my go to for Cadillac's, and silver for mixed drinks like a Long Island. My tastes are all over the map. For a Martini, I like Skyy the best which tons of people dislike. Then for scotch I go crazy for this stuff...

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
View attachment 602187

1800 is my go to for Cadillac's, and silver for mixed drinks like a Long Island. My tastes are all over the map. For a Martini, I like Skyy the best which tons of people dislike. Then for scotch I go crazy for this stuff...
If yoooor putting ANY tequila in a long island yooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr doin it wrong. ;)

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Im sure you are just fuckin with me, all over.

Well, to be honest, at $75-100 for a "1.75 handle", I don't really think it is that cheap, but I am still at the shop, so no idea.

I like Patron, I am sure there are better tequilas out there, but there are THOUSANDS of worse ones. ;) Bunchafuckinballersonhere.

I figured it would be a heads up for anyone who liked it, I didn't realize there were so many tequila raaaaaccciiiissss's on RDP, kinda regret even posting it for the peeps.
I've not read the entire thread.
Patron silver is my least favorite. No taste at all but alcohol.
I prefer the Repasado.
Personally I've been on a Crown Royal kick:D

The colored Tequila have some flavor and depth. You could say different strokes for different folks.
That's what I prefer.

If you happen across it, try some Tres Generationes (sp?)...There's three old Mexican dudes on it. :D
Anejo or Rep. It's what I would consider a decent middle class tequila.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I like it wrong, it's better.
You like it wrong, Noted.

Nothing wrong with that, I guess some guys enjoy fucking another man in the ass, too. Just saying. :)

Last edited:

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
"sipping tequila"
That's the best oxymoron I jave heard all day. Do you hold your pinky out when you sip it? lol

Gelcoater

Reaction score
For fun sometime check out Ron Whites Tequila, Number Juan.
It's actually pretty good.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
"sipping tequila"
That's the best oxymoron I jave heard all day. Do you hold your pinky out when you sip it? lol
At 350/400 a bottle. You take your time enjoying it. It would be a waste pouring it in a margarita.

Bildo bought a bottle duty free on River Daves wedding cruise. They gave it to him right before we got off the ship. We drank that fucker out of the bottle right in the lobby.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
At 350/400 a bottle. You take your time enjoying it. It would be a waste pouring it in a margarita.

Bildo bought a bottle duty free on River Daves wedding cruise. They gave it to him right before we got off the ship. We drank that fucker out of the bottle right in the lobby.
I had a bottle of this shit from France one time...Some kind of Bourgeois Bordeaux Bordeaux buildo what the fuck kind of wine...I guzzled it in a plastic tupperware

Sip all ya want... I am not that sophisticated I want to party with Bildo! S

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
H2oski2fast introduced me to Patron one evening at the Del Rio.
I've loved it ever since.
Argue taste all ya want it's a super smooth tequila.
COSTCO seems to have the best deals on it.
Good stuff.

Margaritas should be made with cheap dark Tequilas like Montezuma that give them a slight hint of caramel flavor and a non alcohol Tripple Sec with lime juice and merange.