WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

President's Weekend-Havasu-Winterblast

BigDeck

Reaction score
We are making our first trip out for the Winterblast Fireworks on President's weekend. Wow, it was harder to get a couple rooms than it has even been on any weekend.

Does anyone have any advice on spots to watch from? Do you anchor in the bay or watch from the beach?

We have two couples coming with us. We would have to hook up with another group if anyone else is going to put the boat in and sit in the bay and watch.

shueman

Reaction score
They blow their stuff up at Sara Park for the big show. It's been a few years for us...usually see aerial stuff all week. Traffic can be evil on Saturday night. We went up on McCulloch south and parked in a cul-de-sac. One year they took all the leftovers and shot them off the island on Sunday...now that was an impressive show...;)

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
They blow their stuff up at Sara Park for the big show. It's been a few years for us...usually see aerial stuff all week. Traffic can be evil on Saturday night. We went up on McCulloch south and parked in a cul-de-sac. One year they took all the leftovers and shot them off the island on Sunday...now that was an impressive show...;)

We sit on our back porch at Havasu Palms which is just across the river from SARA park and it's great:D.....if the weather is good you can also see them great from a boat in that area (Near Steamboat).

WTDecker

Reaction score
Last couple of years we locate across the Hiway from Sara Park in the desert. We do a Bonfire, Beer and BBQ,,,of course that starts hours before the fireworks start. The BEST spot is actually is in the stands at Sara Park, they have the music going with the fireworks and you are up close there, but parking is a pain in the ass then, park in the desert and walk in. Never done the Lake thing.

BigDeck

Reaction score
If I can zero in on what area they want to keep clear in the lake as a safety area I think I want to try throwing an anchor somewhere and watch from the boat.

It just seems a lot more relaxing being out there away from the big crowds.

Someone mentioned Steamboat. Off the top of my head that seems a little south, but Sara does face that direction. I was thinking somewhere near the bouy line at the south end of the bay. No need to have any plans set in concrete but if anyone else decided to watch from the lake let me know. We are going to be going in and out of the Marina.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
i wonder if i will be able to see the fireworks from glamis... torn between havasu and glamis, might just have to wait and see what the weather is gonna be like.

If I stay home, I will prolly take teryx in dirt someplace just north of sara park, sit on top of a hill and enjoy...

or maybe fat dragons house with drinks and bbq. :champagne:

Joker

Reaction score
i wonder if i will be able to see the fireworks from glamis... torn between havasu and glamis, might just have to wait and see what the weather is gonna be like.

If I stay home, I will prolly take teryx in dirt someplace just north of sara park, sit on top of a hill and enjoy...

Go to Glamis, I prefer to have no wind. BTW, u must have in Havi for the baloon festival.:D

raff

Reaction score
We will be in town Friday after noon and make our planes from there, if its nice out would like to try and get the boat on the water, if not I know there some races over at Havusa Landing that weekend so we will just take the ferry over and hang out there.. as for watching fire works we will just see what pans out..

BigDeck

Reaction score
What kind of racing are they doing over there? We were planning on going over there at least once for breakfast and maybe a happy hour.

On of the couples meeting us out there said they were going to watch a friend or cousin or something race up near Needles friday night. I am not sure what they are doing up there friday either. Too far away for me. I don't care to leave town once I get there!

raff

Reaction score

Just stay home we will crash that pad across the lake:champagne: and let him make us brakfast, or we will just hop in teryx and go watch fire works with you or just drive the Ford off in to the drit.. Take the boat out Saturday if its warm. so much to do.. and a lot of:champagne:

BigDeck

Reaction score
Raff, I just noticed you're in Burbank. How long have you been there? My wife was a Burbank lifer until we got married. Her family and one of couples coming with us are from Burbank. You know that place...Small town, everybody knows everybody!

I hope guys decide to put the boat in for a day or two!

raff

Reaction score
Raff, I just noticed you're in Burbank. How long have you been there? My wife was a Burbank lifer until we got married. Her family and one of couples coming with us are from Burbank. You know that place...Small town, everybody knows everybody!

I hope guys decide to put the boat in for a day or two!

well I have been here for every JBSH 83, Raff is a nick name I have had for ever too,comes for my last name, Rafferty.
Yes it is a small town and just can't seem to leave.

As far as putting the boat in we most likely will as long as it just a little warm, the boat lives out there so all we have to do is go hook it up and drag it out..

We are staying at the first cabin club for the weekend. We will be in town so time friday about 1 or so. We will need to hook up some time over the weekend,

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Just stay home we will crash that pad across the lake:champagne: and let him make us brakfast, or we will just hop in teryx and go watch fire works with you or just drive the Ford off in to the drit.. Take the boat out Saturday if its warm. so much to do.. and a lot of:champagne:

You like Jack Daniels for breakfast, cuz it'll be on the menu!

rvrrat350

Reaction score
Havaduner
might not be a good view of the show from the water...a lot of hills and its a good distance from the water
if you do decide to try and watch the show from the water then saturday is the night to do it
it gets packed and you gotta get there way early (got there at 6 last year and no were close to being able to enjoy the ground display)
on sunday you should go to the park
go there an hour early last year on sunday and when the show started there were still a lot of seats available

[video=youtube;7fJ2hSBsJqE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fJ2hSBsJqE[/video]