WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Plumbing question - single to dual sink

Kbach

Reaction score
Need some opinions…

Doing a second story bathroom remodel and converting from a single to dual vanity (already plumbed for a left side sink, need to add right side). Had the solution in my head before I started tearing into the wall but of course that changed once I saw what I was working with.

Here's what I was thinking before tearing the wall open:
D22CCFF7-0E93-46C7-B4AC-48524FE304AC.jpeg

And this is what I have:
IMG_2731.jpg

Last edited:

Kbach

Reaction score
Any ideas or suggestions? And yes...the 90 fitting is cracked...found that when I opened her up 😡
Thanks!!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
No idea on plumbing... but couldn’t you just delete that whole run up to the 90, and just go across for both sink drains and connect the run to both drain lines?
CC153D2F-A504-4AEF-A368-D84793AEC2B5.jpeg

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
No idea on plumbing... but couldn’t you just delete that whole run up to the 90, and just go across for both sink drains and connect the run to both drain lines? View attachment 1105117

No, because you would then be dumping water down what looks to be a dedicated vent line.

If this is going to be inside of a vanity, I would just T off of the drain pipe outside of the wall. Lose a little storage space, but problem solved.

Kbach

Reaction score
The problem is the drain would have to cross the vent...not enough space in the wall.

Think I may have a solution though. I can get under the subfloor and move the drain (red) over a bay and then plumb as shown. Not sure about putting the zig in the vent line (green) though...

IMG_2731.jpg

Last edited:

Kbach

Reaction score
No, because you would then be dumping water down what looks to be a dedicated vent line.

If this is going to be inside of a vanity, I would just T off of the drain pipe outside of the wall. Lose a little storage space, but problem solved.
Unfortunately there’s drawers all down the middle so If I do the cross drain inside the vanity I’d have to shorten 4 drawers about 4”

Kbach

Reaction score
Shorten the drawers, pad the wall out. Choose your poison.
Can’t move the wall out any since there’s a door on the right side with about 1” between the molding abs countertop.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Gotcha! Makes sense.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Red = Eliminate
Dark Blue = new drain lines (down line is actual straight out to p-trap to sink.)
Light blue = Vent line - starts lower than drain, goes "around" the drain line.

*I'm no expert, but I did try a new prop once.

Attachments

• Sink1.jpg
    Sink1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 65

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Red = Eliminate
Dark Blue = new drain lines (down line is actual straight out to p-trap to sink.)
Light blue = Vent line - starts lower than drain, goes "around" the drain line.

*I'm no expert, but I did try a new prop once.

Winner !!!!!

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Re route the vent (green) to the right of the new sink drain, then plenty of room for the drains.

Attachments

• Inkedvanity sinks_LI.jpg
    Inkedvanity sinks_LI.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 42

TimeBandit

Reaction score
This was my solution for back to back dual vanities from back to back single sinks:

Attachments

• three stooges plumbing.jpg
    three stooges plumbing.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 69

4Waters

Reaction score
Some asshole put the vent on the wrong side

NicPaus

Reaction score
Determine what the vent is for. If you are lucky. It might be another sink. If the 2" vent is straight up off a sink below tie into it and run a vent up and tie it back into the 2" to vent.

Most all your options would not pass code but would not be a issue.

DLC

Reaction score
This will work! I would also add a clean out to the sink drain line.

E6108F92-88C4-4B15-9D47-1AB0E207E0B7.jpeg

Backlash

Reaction score
I just wanna know what flavor oatmeal that is. 😁

Sorry, I've got nothing productive to add. Our home is a raised foundation, so I just moved everything where I needed it to land....and it worked out just fine.

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
Determine what the vent is for. If you are lucky. It might be another sink. If the 2" vent is straight up off a sink below tie into it and run a vent up and tie it back into the 2" to vent.

Most all your options would not pass code but would not be a issue.
☝🏻 I second this

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
The 2" vent is probably for the toilet or shower. Open the floor to see. Regardless for a second sink that would most likely not be used heavily at the same time and as long as the horizontal section of the vent is not longer than 5' before it connects into your 3" main, it will be fine as a wet vent.

Last edited:

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
I would move the vent line over and put in a cross ty keeping that vent line for sinks. Make sure the vents for your sinks are 36” above the floor. Or higher then the flood rim of your sinks.