WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Picked up our Murf’s today...

sirbob

Reaction score
The “kids” Christmas presents finally showed up! These things have a ton of torque and are plenty fast.

We went with the Alpha model - no gears. Sprinkled the infield with the add ons - cup holder / phone holder/ rear rack w basket.

The kids are stoked!

6069575E-D849-4764-92B7-A3606BA07688.jpeg
853F1A22-946C-449D-AA23-D88F69EB7E3E.jpeg

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Nice! My family in San Clemente has murf bikes. The ride to trussles will never be the same. It’s like an ebike parking lot down there now.

Reactions: DWC

sirbob

Reaction score
Nice! My family in San Clemente has murf bikes. The ride to trussles will never be the same. It’s like an ebike parking lot down there now.
last week was hard to find bike parking at lowers.

It’s ridiculous how accessible these make Trestles now. My daily power beach walks are a nightmare with the groms blowing down the trail on these with their boards - they run them on the sand along the water with these big balloon tires also.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I spelled trestles wrong... has big helens opened back up yet? We rode our ebikes as far as old mans and San Juan Capistrano last summer vacation. I just hit 400 miles on my cruiser!

sirbob

Reaction score
I spelled trestles wrong... has big helens opened back up yet? We rode our ebikes as far as old mans and San Juan Capistrano last summer vacation. I just hit 400 miles on my cruiser!

I saw big Helens open a week or two ago - I’m pretty sure they are open.

Murf has a video they did on their site that shows them riding from their shop to Dana them up the River bed into SJ then back down the the coast bike trail all the way to Sano and back to their shop

On one charge - and still could have went farther - they had it set on 3 out of 5 for assist.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I was e bike shopping last week. Prices are all over the board. Found 2 I liked one was 4k plus tax with 3 year warranty other was $2900 with 1. Found a bunch online that are $13-1600 but lots of negative reviews and no local shops to warranty them. Living 2 blocks from the beach and GF has 1 and wants to hit the bars between here and El Segundo on the regular. Was just with friends at the River and they have a place in Newport and telling me to buy 1 and head down to hit the bars by them and Huntington.

DC-88

Reaction score
It’s ridiculous how accessible these make Trestles now. My daily power beach walks are a nightmare with the groms blowing down the trail on these with their boards - they run them on the sand along the water with these big balloon tires also.
Remember when that guy with like an ATC Big Red 200 or 185S hooked a trailer up to it and was charging for rides down the trail... and then got runoff and beat up by some of the elders for adding the accessibility ? My cousins used to live down there and we saw him while walking down after my aunt dropped us off right before it happened. How times have changed :(

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I was e bike shopping last week. Prices are all over the board. Found 2 I liked one was 4k plus tax with 3 year warranty other was $2900 with 1. Found a bunch online that are $13-1600 but lots of negative reviews and no local shops to warranty them. Living 2 blocks from the beach and GF has 1 and wants to hit the bars between here and El Segundo on the regular. Was just with friends at the River and they have a place in Newport and telling me to buy 1 and head down to hit the bars by them and Huntington.
The murf bikes are super nice and built very good. My brother in law and sister have them. I have converted my two fat tire 7 speed cruisers with Bafang kits so mine are more like the 1500 dollar ones online. The difference in price should be the motor size in watts and lithium battery capacity if that helps. Mine are 500 watt motors and 500 watt hour batteries. Compared to a murf with 750 watt motors and Samsung 1000 watt hour lithium batteries. So that’s some of the price differences between a 1500 dollar bike vs a 2500 dollar bike.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I looked at Pedego $4K and Elux $2900. The Elux had the most comfortable seat and had Samsung battery and 740 motor.

Friend has a Ecotric with 1000 motor and he says get that size motor but the ones i test rode were 500 740 and 750. They were plenty fast with range from 50-75 miles. Checking out the Murph site now. Thanks

DWC

Reaction score
Congrats on the new rides @sirbob . We did Electric Bike Company a couple months ago. Hands down best purchase we’ve made in a long time. Have 100 miles on it already. It’s one of my favorite things to do every trip to Havasu.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I looked at Pedego $4K and Elux $2900. The Elux had the most comfortable seat and had Samsung battery and 740 motor.

Friend has a Ecotric with 1000 motor and he says get that size motor but the ones i test rode were 500 740 and 750. They were plenty fast with range from 50-75 miles. Checking out the Murph site now. Thanks
Pick up a used pedego off of CL with a dead battery, i got a place you can get a new battery for $350. I have had 2 pedego's for over 10 years, make beach riding so much nicer.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
In the flat lands of East Valley Phoenix metro (Tempe, Chandler, Mesa, Scottsdale) I can say that the lower powered motors (500) with smaller batteries work really well. Our bikes do 30 plus miles easily on a low assist setting. Our bikes do about 13-14 miles per hour on pedal assist effortlessly vs the 10-12 mph they did the old fashioned way. Obviously the higher setting do about 20+mph, but consume the battery exponentially faster. I can easily leave my house from the awahtukee/chandler area, head up and through tempe town lake, over to downtown Gilbert and hit downtown Chandler on the way home. Typical all day Saturday pub crawl for the wife and I.

Over in San Clemente the hills are more challenging. We have to down shift to hill climbing gears and drop our speeds down to 7-8 mph up the steep hills up from the beach to the triangle (quad now I have been told). Same thing when coming out of trussles up the big hill to the fwy over pass etc... It still remains a pretty effortless ride, but I do use a little leg from time to time. For that type of terrain I would definitely recommend going with a murf or other higher powered model with 750 motors and larger batteries.

I try to maintain a really low profile and almost maintain speeds that can look like I am not electric due to my stops at great bars/eats along the way. Personally, these bike scare the shit out of me at 20 mph at which point I feel like I am riding a motorcycle and my helmetless, T shirt and flip flops are probably not the correct riding gear!

DB / HAV

Reaction score
I picked up a “Driven” fat tire bike a few months ago, super solid, built well, fast and climbs well. They are in Costa Mesa. Driven & Murf look very similar

boatnam2

Reaction score
I try to maintain a really low profile and almost maintain speeds that can look like I am not electric due to my stops at great bars/eats along the way. Personally, these bike scare the shit out of me at 20 mph at which point I feel like I am riding a motorcycle and my helmetless, T shirt and flip flops are probably not the correct riding gear!
[/QUOTE]
I can see them getting a bad rap soon, with all the idiots in HB blowing through pier area doing 20 MPH with hundreds of people walking around just a matter of time.

sirbob

Reaction score
In the flat lands of East Valley Phoenix metro (Tempe, Chandler, Mesa, Scottsdale) I can say that the lower powered motors (500) with smaller batteries work really well. Our bikes do 30 plus miles easily on a low assist setting. Our bikes do about 13-14 miles per hour on pedal assist effortlessly vs the 10-12 mph they did the old fashioned way. Obviously the higher setting do about 20+mph, but consume the battery exponentially faster. I can easily leave my house from the awahtukee/chandler area, head up and through tempe town lake, over to downtown Gilbert and hit downtown Chandler on the way home. Typical all day Saturday pub crawl for the wife and I.

Over in San Clemente the hills are more challenging. We have to down shift to hill climbing gears and drop our speeds down to 7-8 mph up the steep hills up from the beach to the triangle (quad now I have been told). Same thing when coming out of trussles up the big hill to the fwy over pass etc... It still remains a pretty effortless ride, but I do use a little leg from time to time. For that type of terrain I would definitely recommend going with a murf or other higher powered model with 750 motors and larger batteries.

Haha - my son rode it home from the Murf office and he pulls in the driveway and says - I was going 31 without trying / “ I had to slow down”!

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
If you do a little more research, and I will try not to start a war here.. But the federal designation of a "Type 1" bike says that if you have a 500 watt or less motor, can not exceed 20 mph and have no separate throttle control that allows you to use the bike without pedaling it... then it is not a "motorized" vehicle. I plan on using it as part of my defense in court should I ever need too!! LOL

gqchris

Reaction score
I can see them getting a bad rap soon, with all the idiots in HB blowing through pier area doing 20 MPH with hundreds of people walking around just a matter of time.
[/QUOTE]

I agree, its only a matter of time before they ban them from Bike Paths, especially the combo ones like the beach. I would say 80% of the bikes on the bike path are now Electrics and a handful are idiots doing 3o MPH. Only takes a few to ruin it for everyone.

sirbob

Reaction score

I agree, its only a matter of time before they ban them from Bike Paths, especially the combo ones like the beach. I would say 80% of the bikes on the bike path are now Electrics and a handful are idiots doing 3o MPH. Only takes a few to ruin it for everyone.
[/QUOTE]

I’ve been clipped 2 x by groms heading to trestles - they don’t think about the board rack when they pass you at 30mph - it adds a ft to the side of the bike and they load the boards with the fins sticking out.

The fins have hit my shorts as they speed by - another couple inches and that fin lays open the back of my leg as they fly by. Close calls !

boatnam2

Reaction score
They rent the little one that resembles a old mini bike, almost seen to different chicks wade them up on main street doing a turn.

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score

Few sticks to the front spokes may help take care of the clowns, lol

gqchris

Reaction score
They rent the little one that resembles a old mini bike, almost seen to different chicks wade them up on main street doing a turn.
I was cruising the coast a month or so ago in my weekend car and I am always watching out around me for idiots because I am a paranoid fuck lol. I am sitting at that light at Main street and PCH and some fat chick that loves Sunday Brunches whiskey throttles one of those and just about flys into the rear of my car. I don't know how she didn't hit it. I saw it happening behind me in the mirror and gassed into the intersection next to the pier avoiding this dumbass. She starts crying on the ground. My wife missed the whole thing and was like, WTF just happened. I told her situational awareness is a lost art these days!

badgas

Reaction score

We have these Aventon Pace 500 and a Pace 350 step thru They were $1299 and $1099 at Fullertion ebikes. They dont look as cool as the big heavy fat tire bikes but you can also pick them up and they are easy to ride if you run the battery out ( never happened ) as they are like a cruiser with gears. I have done a 40 mile ride and still had almost half a battery left. Fun at the beach and great for the hills in Havasu.

Taboma

Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

How about when they ban the mountain bikes due to being a fire hazard ? An electric bike was recently sited as the cause for a brushfire in Carmel Valley San Diego.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I bought 1 2 weeks or so ago. Last weekend did 23 mile ride to El Segundo and back. Today went to El Segundo for lunch then playa just past dockweiler and back to Torrance Beach 21 miles. Its like cheating compared to straight pedaling. Going up Grand is a breeze. Coming back down i am sure I could hit 40 but let off. Still had half a charge after both as I did not charge bike. Glad I got 1 with the best seat available. Went with the E Lux Tahoe GT. Got silver to match my new truck.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I bought 1 2 weeks or so ago. Last weekend did 23 mile ride to El Segundo and back. Today went to El Segundo for lunch then playa just past dockweiler and back to Torrance Beach 21 miles. Its like cheating compared to straight pedaling. Going up Grand is a breeze. Coming back down i am sure I could hit 40 but let off. Still had half a charge after both as I did not charge bike. Glad I got 1 with the best seat available. Went with the E Lux Tahoe GT. Got silver to match my new truck.
Yea my ass wears out long before my battery.

4Waters

Reaction score
I thought this thread title said "Picked up our Muff’s today..." 🤣🤣