WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Oxidized boat pics

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Here's a customer testimonial from a customer that used our new Crystal Cut and Crystal Gloss polish and wax:

Hey Tim,

Thank You so much great product!!!! It saved me from having to paint the boat!!!

Thanks,
Danny T

Attachments

• 015-2.jpg
    015-2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 731
  • 016-2.jpg
    016-2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 735
  • 017-2.jpg
    017-2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 736
  • 019-2.jpg
    019-2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 735
  • 022-2.jpg
    022-2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 736

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Don't sweat it. We don't spell well enough to notice.

That's a cool demo but I've found a number of products that will bring up a shine on dull gel. The problem is, it doesn't last.

If your products could restore the shine for more than a day or two, that would be a break through.

How about some pictures of this boat in a few weeks?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thats why I had mine color sanded.

That's a cool demo but I've found a number of products that will bring up a shine on dull gel. The problem is, it doesn't last.

If your products could restore the shine for more than a day or two, that would be a break through.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
You sent me a sample of the Speed Gloss. Will that do the same thing for oxidation?

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score

If you're using products that bring up the shine, they might not be removing the oxidation, merely covering them up. It sounds like the products you are using are referred to as a "cleaner wax" which might contain more wax than polish. That's why you are seeing them last only a few days. Generally speaking there are several ways to remove oxidation: color sanding, compounding, and polishing. Each of these methods correlates to the severity of the problem. i.e. heavy oxidation might require color sanding to remove heavy oxidation; compounding for moderate oxidation; and polishing to remove moderate to light oxidation.

Our product is designed to remove moderate to light oxidation, swirl marks, scratches, water spots, and the like, and will work on gelcoats as well as painted surfaces. The "cutting" action can be increased or decreased depending on the type of pad and machine used (either DA or high speed). A heavy pad (or cutting pad) with a high speed machine will produce a deeper cut, whereas a light pad (polishing pad) with a DA polisher will produce more of a fine polishing effect. Crystal Cut is a very versitile polish and can be used for cutting as well as polishing.

We've also had some of the major performance boat manufacturers such as Eliminator test this product, and they were very impressed with how little product you need to use (5-6 pea sized drops for a 2' x 2' area) and how versatile it is to use for both cutting and polishing.

BTW: I've asked the owner of the boat to send pics in two weeks and will post them up when I receive them.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Last edited:

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
You sent me a sample of the Speed Gloss. Will that do the same thing for oxidation?

Speed Gloss is a detailer wax that removes water spots as well as fine swirl marks with the micro-cleansers built into the product. The carnauba wax in the product will increase the shine because of the wax, however depending on the severity of the oxidation, you might need to step up to the polish. Try the Speed Gloss and see how it works...if it doesn't remove the oxidation you're referring to, chances are you need utilize our Crystal Cut polish to remove the oxidation.

By the way, if anyone has questions regarding polishing a boat, call me and I'd be more than willing to answer any questions.

Tim

skav

Reaction score
I think you need to do a real world test. I just got back from a week at Powell and the boat needs a good cleaning. How bout you come by w product and take before and after pictures to post on this thread? I've seen your truck around SCV, so Castaic isn't too far for free advertising.:champagne:

BTW Speed Gloss works awesome!

Sean

Last edited:

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
I think you need to do a real world test. I just got back from a week at Powell and the boat needs a good cleaning. How bout you come by w product and take before and after pictures to post on this thread? I've seen your truck around SCV, so Castaic isn't too far for free advertising.:champagne:

BTW Speed Gloss works awesome!

Sean

I'll show up with xzibit and we'll "pimp your ride"...LOL.

Ok, how about next week? PM me your availability and we'll work out a time for me and one of my team to polish and wax your boat...provided we're not talking about a 38 footer ;)

T

Community

Reaction score
Who is the person with a boat candy sticker that lives on Tujunga Canyon?

skav

Reaction score

Ok, how about next week? PM me your availability and we'll work out a time for me and one of my team to polish and wax your boat...provided we're not talking about a 38 footer ;)

T

Great! Not even close to that:). It's a Hallett 270. Piece of cake.

I'll PM you to set something up. After using the speed gloss, I'd love to check out what else you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

T

My deck is pretty well oxidized. Want to do mine? :D The speed gloss didn't do the trick unfortunately. It did a great job on the gunnels but the deck needs more help. Suggestions?

skav

Reaction score
My deck is pretty well oxidized. Want to do mine? :D The speed gloss didn't do the trick unfortunately. It did a great job on the gunnels but the deck needs more help. Suggestions?

No cuttin the line:mad2: Wait your turn!:smackbum:

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Great! Not even close to that:). It's a Hallett 270. Piece of cake.

I'll PM you to set something up. After using the speed gloss, I'd love to check out what else you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fawk! I thought you had a 19 footer :skull j/k.

No problem, but it'll cost you a beer per foot...just make it an even case :D

PM me your availability...I'm usually free in the evenings after 6 during the week, and only a few weekends during boating season.

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score

It most likely needs to be polished.

PM me and we'll set something up. It'll cost you an 18 pack if the boat in your sig line is the one we're talking about :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Speed Gloss isn't a polish like that.. It's a cleaner / Wax.

RD