WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

One Year Ago Today....

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
IMG-20191209-WA0004.jpg

cofooter

Reaction score
Damn, time to get in there and pick up the rocks and stack them against the edges...…….

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You sure that was a year ago? I didn’t think they were lowering the river that much anymore?

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
You sure that was a year ago? I didn’t think they were lowering the river that much anymore?

Might be fake news. Buddy who's dad lives in keys posted on our chat group. He said it was a one day error with the dam not releasing enough water. The scaffolding around the "Weekend Warrior" house might be a way to time stamp it. I tried to reverse lookup the pic and search Parker Pioneer with no luck.

WildWilly

Reaction score
I remember there was a failure of automated equipment about a year ago and for 24hrs there were issues that required manual intervention at the dam

Deckin Around

Reaction score
I remember there was a failure of automated equipment about a year ago and for 24hrs there were issues that required manual intervention at the dam
I'm told it's NOT automated for security. No cyber hacking the dam controls. The dude just fucked up.... and fucked up again by releasing too much too fast later in the day to make up for it

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Isn’t that the house with the glass sided pool on the left just before the bridge?

Thought the same thing. I believe the bridge is Papago.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm told it's NOT automated for security. No cyber hacking the dam controls. The dude just fucked up.... and fucked up again by releasing too much too fast later in the day to make up for it

you would think you almost run old mechanical timers for this.. lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm late to the party, but that is way back when the Weekend Warrior house was being built. When did Weekend Warrior go under, would be the same time roughly ?

It could have been remodeling? I don’t know

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
Parker Dam is controlled remotely from Hoover Dam control. Only person at Parker Dam after working hours is an armed security guard.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I'm late to the party, but that is way back when the Weekend Warrior house was being built. When did Weekend Warrior go under, would be the same time roughly ?

2008 it looks like when WW went out of business.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I don't remember it ever being extensively remodeled, but you could be right.

For some reason I believe there was a remodel a few years ago. At my age though, I remember a lot of things that never happened.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
For some reason I believe there was a remodel a few years ago. At my age though, I remember a lot of things that never happened.

I don't recall a remodel, however it was originally two houses that were combined to make the one large place. I am sure the interior has been re-worked, as some of the colors in kids bedrooms etc. were pretty wild. ( lots of stainless and diamond plate ) I was only inside it once after the Weekend Warrior collapse, when the man carrying the note was trying to sell it. I walk past it several mornings a week, but do not know who owns it now, and hardly ever see anyone there.

Maybe Outdrive 1 knows something, he lives pretty close to it.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Its 2006/2007 era I believe, I lived close by and watched the WW house get built.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Parker Dam is controlled remotely from Hoover Dam control. Only person at Parker Dam after working hours is an armed security guard.

Anything on Headgate Rock Dam? That's a little more relevant.

Dan'l

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

man that has to be a boring and kinda spooky job..

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
man that has to be a boring and kinda spooky job..

Would be Awesome if someone did an article on how the Whole river system works. From start to finish. You could do a dam a month or something like that, starting up at Grand Lake in CO.

Oh did I say you?? Sorry about that. :p