WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Oil Bath UFP Trailer Hubs

Mach80

Reaction score
Has anyone here switched the UFP oil bath hubs on their boat axles to Buddie Bearings and grease. I have found posts all over the place that talk about converting but none where it was actually completed. I have the UFP 3500# axles. I emailed UFP and they replied that I would have to change the hubs and rotors as well as the seals and protectors. Most posts I have found claim all you need is new seals and Buddie Bearing caps. The oil has leaked out of most of the hubs and the servicing allen bolt's are seized and rusted in 4 of the 6 hubs. I'm looking for if it has been done with seals and buddie bearings without having to change hubs/rotors. Thanks.....

This is on a 3 axle 2005 Extreme trailer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I wouldn't think you would have to change the hubs and rotors etc?? Maybe something is different with your axles?

Call adrenaline in Havasu 928-680-1030 and ask them. I know they have done some conversions.

Mach80

Reaction score
I was surprised when they said that. Hopefully someone has done it around here. If not I will do it and find out exactly what it takes.

Briley

Reaction score
Adrenaline initially repaired one oil bath on my 06 Triple axle Extreme and the following trip another started leaking, Frank at Adrenaline treated me right and changed all over to bearing buddy for a few hundred and I have not had a single issue yet...we do a couple of trips to Mead and Mohave from Havasu each season. I say switch them now before it becomes an issue on a trip.
From this...
image.jpg
To this:thumbup:
image.jpg

Mach80

Reaction score
Did they have to change the Hubs/Rotors or just the seals and add the Buddy Bearings? you have exactly what I want to do.

707dog

Reaction score
Did they have to change the Hubs/Rotors or just the seals and add the Buddy Bearings? you have exactly what I want to do.

swapped mine 1.5 yrs ago not a issue since, used same bearing and hubs only installed new seals and bearing buddy

PDQH2O

Reaction score
Changed my 2006 Extreme tandem about a year ago to the Vault hybrid oil hubs. I changed out the bearings races and seals while the wheels were off. Kept the same hubs and spindles. Called UFP and asked about mixing the oil bath oil with the hybrid grease, they said no contamination issues.

Just to be safe, I cleaned everything up as well as I could. Changed out the Allen head plug in the hub with a zirc fitting and replaced the oil bath caps with Vault caps. Same process as sealing the oil bath caps.

One tip - clean the caps and the hub outer seal surface really well then put a light coat of red RTV on the front hub surface and instal the Vault caps. Fill the hubs with hybrid grease until the cap button pops out about 1/8" to 3/16". Works great!

Runs2rch

Reaction score
There are a handful of companies that make better seals. My trailer is an 04 and have only had one leak. Op I would reseal them, run 40 or 50 wt oil.

Malibuvride07

Reaction score
Switched mine out on a 07 extreme. Put new seals on and packed the bearings then put the bearing buddies on.
Two years and no troubles. Those oil bath hubs leaked every year on me no matter whose seals I used. Always the front o-rings.
By far best change I've made to that trailer

Mach80

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Mine will be done before the next time it sees water.

Mach80

Reaction score
Got a quote from a local trailer repair shop in Phoenix to service bearings, replace seals and install Buddie Bearings on my triple axle trailer. About $800 bucks, guess I will be doing the work myself. About $100 in parts.

Singleton

Reaction score
Got a quote from a local trailer repair shop in Phoenix to service bearings, replace seals and install Buddie Bearings on my triple axle trailer. About $800 bucks, guess I will be doing the work myself. About $100 in parts.

That is crazy. 100 an axle is what I pay. So for my triple it is 300 (including parts, new bearings and seals).

Briley

Reaction score
That's way to high. I paid $300. For triple at Adrenaline in Havasu.

Mach80

Reaction score
Here is the update to my UFP oil bath hubs. I ordered hub seals and Buddy Bearings from Amazon. Took me about three hours and $100 to change out the hubs and seals and repack all of the bearings. Took the boat to the lake and back and they worked fine. Another easy DIY project.