WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Ram 2500's are stuck in mexico

Jonas Grumby

The Skipper
Reaction score
Does anybody know why Ram 2500's are not shipping out of mexico?, I put my deposit down, but am being told its been a problem for over a month, trucks are build but not shipping, I can cancel the order, but was going to try and wait it out.

TripleB

Reaction score
Wasn’t there a recall for transmission issues?

Icky

Reaction score
Is that the new body style? Cause I heard that wasn't coming out till the end of the year

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Have read nothing about this. I do know that there are trucks leaving that plant, but don’t know if it’s a trickle l, or if there’s a backup along the chain, or it’s full plant output.

Considering it’s importance to FCA, I can’t imagine trucks are sitting around waiting to get sold.

That plant makes well over 1,000 vehicles per day. There’s no place to put that many trucks, and I’ve not read of a plant slowdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

robby dmax

Reaction score
Does anybody know why Ram 2500's are not shipping out of mexico?, I put my deposit down, but am being told its been a problem for over a month, trucks are build but not shipping, I can cancel the order, but was going to try and wait it out.

Should have just a bought a Chevy or GMC
just kidding the new dodge is a pretty nice truck.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Possibly extra time needed for the cartels to load the body panels full of blow?

So the RAM 2500's are made in Mexico? I have a 2016 Cummins, has that always been the case that they were built there?

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Possibly extra time needed for the cartels to load the body panels full of blow?

So the RAM 2500's are made in Mexico? I have a 2016 Cummins, has that always been the case that they were built there?

Assembled there.

So are a lot of other makes...Toyota, GM, Ford, Sony, etc. It's actually really amazing the huge plants over there. FYI, this is the reason Trump wants to renegotiate NAFTA.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Didn't mean for that to be in my post about #$%^&* Mexico so if the moderators can edit post please thanks!
Assembled there.

So are a lot of other makes...Toyota, GM, Ford, Sony, etc. It's actually really amazing the huge plants over there. FYI, this is the reason Trump wants to renegotiate NAFTA.

EXACTLY!! Why is that so hard for people to understand pretty simple!!

Last edited:

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
You were able to order a 2500 with new 1/2 ton interior? I have been trying to place order for 2500 mega cummins but being told by 3 dealers won’t accept orders until mid/late January for March delivery

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Isnt 2020 supposed to be the big make over for the 2500's and above? Cosmetics and supposedly no DEF.

Jonas Grumby

The Skipper
Reaction score
Have read nothing about this. I do know that there are trucks leaving that plant, but don’t know if it’s a trickle l, or if there’s a backup along the chain, or it’s full plant output.

Considering it’s importance to FCA, I can’t imagine trucks are sitting around waiting to get sold.

That plant makes well over 1,000 vehicles per day. There’s no place to put that many trucks, and I’ve not read of a plant slowdown.

I talked to 3 other dealers, same thing, they are built , but sitting they say FCA will not tell them whats wrong.

Jonas Grumby

The Skipper
Reaction score
They should be made here period!!! Fuck Mexico and American companies that heve plants there should be taxed

EXACTLY!! Why is that so hard for people to understand pretty simple!!
I found EVERY car manufacture have a model built in mexico.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
From what I've read, the updated trucks will still use DEF, and DPF, but will no longer have an engine mounted EGR.

Your ad here

Reaction score

If the vin number starts with a 3 it's built in Mexico. 2 for Canada. 1 for USA.

JBS

Reaction score
Assembled there.

It has been redone.

He was able to get the wages up to $16.00 per hour for the Mexicans working in the plants.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
2B1C7E8D-1DF5-4CED-B04E-5F014A35F88D.jpeg
I’m thinking it’s a dealer or buyer problem as mine hopped the boarder today with zero issues. Long bed is on order and then the surgery begins.

spectras only

Reaction score
Chrysler has a lot of 2018's sitting on Canadian lots, offering 16K off MSRP. Maybe once the inventory goes down, 2019's will start rolling in? ;)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Rumor has it that the new Cummins was so clean that it didn’t require it

That’s what VW said about their diesel engines...

I’m not aware of any diesel meeting emission standards without DEF

Jonas Grumby

The Skipper
Reaction score
The saga continues. On Friday 1/18, Bill Luke calls and tells me the truck is in New Mexico and they will have it in town today Wednesday, for a Saturday pickup. tuesday they text and tell me its in Clovis New Mexico and I will not be able to pickup this Sat. They still tell me they are at the mercie of shipping and have no control over it. I talked to FCA and they tell me since it was not ordered by me, I have to work with the dealer and that they FCA cant do anything. note there are only 2 trucks that I have found color and equipped the way I want, on in Az. one in Ontario (but it has 125 miles on it) . I gave Bill Luke $1500 over a month ago as deposit. Im really rethinking the dodge thing all together, they SUCK at customer service. but chevy and ford dont offer a power wagon type truck.

Boatracer36

Reaction score
I got mine no problem. ordered it late November got here 01/02. A month earlier then they had told me. This was at Tempe Ram

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
I got mine no problem. ordered it late November got here 01/02. A month earlier then they had told me. This was at Tempe Ram

Yours is a 1500 not a 2500 right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Just ordered my 2019 2500 Cummins an hour ago they are saying June delivery at the latest