WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New GMC Sierra dually wheels

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
When i did my dually a couple of years ago i looked at those. Those wheels have a grainy polish job abd the clear coat is cheap. They are ok for a work truck but if it is your weekend truck daily driver do yourself a favor and go with american force or weld.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ultra912

Reaction score
When i did my dually a couple of years ago i looked at those. Those wheels have a grainy polish job abd the clear coat is cheap. They are ok for a work truck but if it is your weekend truck daily driver do yourself a favor and go with american force or weld.

Those are a bit exotic for me,,,,62 years old now

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Look down in rdp classified there’s a set down there

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Those are a bit exotic for me,,,,62 years old now
Dont get me wrong, they are a decent looking wheel but if you have the forged 5 spoke factory alcoa, they are kinda a step down. Those new wheels arent a true polished wheel and they arent forged either

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, they are a decent looking wheel but if you have the forged 5 spoke factory alcoa, they are kinda a step down. Those new wheels arent a true polished wheel and they arent forged either

Was kind of thinking the same thing, or were they still putting steel wheels on back then?

Ultra912

Reaction score
I'm not gonna spend the big $. I know I can get much better wheels but true Alcoas are probably almost that much EACH

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
My vote is alcoa, just watch your lug pattern. Some GM were 8x6.5, some are 8x180

rrrr

Reaction score
While we're on the subject, it's a really good idea to buy four or five extra center caps when you buy wheels. If you lose a cap six or seven years from now, it may be impossible to find a replacement.

At that point, you'll be pissed at yourself for not having done it, and no way to fix the problem.

I bought four caps when I purchased wheels for my Excursion in 2008, and I have replaced one that was damaged and another that was lost.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
While we're on the subject, it's a really good idea to buy four or five extra center caps when you buy wheels. If you lose a cap six or seven years from now, it may be impossible to find a replacement.

At that point, you'll be pissed at yourself for not having done it, and no way to fix the problem.

I bought four caps when I purchased wheels for my Excursion in 2008, and I have replaced one that was damaged and another that was lost.
Solid advice.

There is a place in Texas called center caps direct that buys old caps when wheels are discontinued but the prices are high

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Those are awesome. Classic style, simple yet elegant, and aren’t like those gayer than aids bullshit with big fake chrome bolts and spikes and crap that everyone seems to think is cool these days, cuz they’re not.

Last edited:

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
16’s? No way would I go 16’s. No way would i do the stupid 22 “semi truck” wheels either. A nice 18-20” is an awesome upgrade tho in the same style. Fits the truck nice IMHO

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
It’s an 07 he said so it’s 8/6.5

They don’t make an 18” dually wheel without going custom. Choice is 16, 19.5, or 22. I’d go with the 16’s cheap, tires are cheap with a lot of sidewall and it’s not a show truck obviously. The cheap ones look good imho, look at the Eagle brand they are a little more money but have a great finish.

Hdgasser

Reaction score
There are 17" options too...

I scoured around for years and managed to snag a set of alcoas that were in desperate need of a polish for like $250. So i had a friend powder coat them for me like 2 years later and i FINALLY got them put on lol
IMG_2024.jpg
IMG_5198.jpg

Hdgasser

Reaction score
And FYI if you pick up an older year wheels verify the center bore dia. The older ones were smaller then newer ones by like .030 i believe... kind of a big deal since the damn things are hub centric.
20180514_162850.jpg

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
I went with the Ions
Can’t beat the price and they look great. This truck is used for getting around with the whole family, driving to LHC, pulling travel trailer and launching the boat

That looks good. Like a dually should, in my opinion.