WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Costco soft side cooler....

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
This thing is bad ass. Sold as 2 seperate coolrs that work as 1 system. Total spent $60.

-Detachable cart for us lazy asses
-cart folds up super small
-Soft side 50 can cooler plus ice
-Soft side smaller cooler with hard liner
and tray.
-heavy duty zippers and straps to hold it on the cart
-built in bottle opener
-storage on outside pockets
-unbeatable Costco warrenty
20180415_165144.jpg
20180415_165810.jpg
20180415_165830.jpg
20180415_165836.jpg

Attachments

• 20180415_165836.jpg
    20180415_165836.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 197

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Sweet ! Remember: if Costco doesn’t have it , you don’t need it ! But since they have these , we need them !
So very true. I have two perfectly good cheap soft side coolers from Costco that have lasted 3 years now. But this one is much more better badass.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You have some serious soft sided cooler baggage....what happened? Lol

I’ve seen enough puddles of water under them to know to stay away.
I do have a couple small ones we use on occasion for day trips. They are great for that purpose.

Everyone hypes them up and then you finally get a friend with one and are excited to find out what chilled refreshment really is. It sounds as if they are so good they should not even be called coolers, they should be called soft sided freezers.

So you reach inside this new soft sided cooler after a long hot day to fish a beer out of a shallow pool of cool water, only to be confused.

“What happened to the ice?”

“Oh,
it melted.”

“What about the water from the ice, there is barely any in there?”

“See all that mud around the cooler? That was the water from the cooler. The cooler leaks.”

“It leaks?”

“Yea it is soft sided and they easily puncture. No big deal, I can send it in and they will replace the liner.”

“That seems convenient. So then if it didn’t leak, at the end of the day you are just carrying back multiple floppy boxes full of cool water?”

“Oh yea that is so much easier than carrying one of those hard sided coolers full of ice at the end of the day”.

“Noted.”

Last edited:

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I do have a couple small ones we use on occasion for day trips.

Everyone hypes them up and then you finally get a friend with one and are excited to find out what chilled refreshment really is. It sounds as if they are so good they should not even be called coolers, they should be called soft sided freezers.

So you reach inside this new soft sided cooler after a long hot day to fish a beer out of a shallow pool of cool water, only to be confused.

“Oh,
it melted.”

“See all that mud around the cooler? That was the water from the cooler. The cooler leaks.”

“It leaks?”

“Yea it is soft sided and they easily puncture. No big deal, I can send it in and they will replace the liner.”

“That seems convenient. So then if it didn’t leak, at the end of the day you are just carrying back multiple floppy boxes full of cool water?”

“Oh yea that is so much easier than carrying one of those hard sided coolers full of ice at the end of the day”.

“Noted.”

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I've got the black version of the smaller one. It's good. My AO still runs circles around it. We just wanted a smaller one for short trips or short runs from the day beach or something.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Runs circles. Never leaked a drop in the 9 years I've owned it. And I throw empties back in it, over pack the crap out of it, etc.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Everyone is so concerned about how long they hold ice for. Jeez.....get a Hoshizaki already!

grumpy88

Reaction score
If that thing had a Yeti logo on it, it would probably be $2000
I was going to start a go fund me accountant so I could buy a 5 gallon bucket with the yeti name on it ! I bet it holds 5 gallons of water better then any other 5 gallon bucket ever made !

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I've got the black version of the smaller one. It's good. My AO still runs circles around it. We just wanted a smaller one for short trips or short runs from the day beach or something.

Racist!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I do have a couple small ones we use on occasion for day trips. They are great for that purpose.

“Oh,
it melted.”

“It leaks?”

“Noted.”

So you're saying AO is basically the Crown Vic "Panther" club / 2V mod motor of coolers?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So you're saying the AO cooler is basically the 2V mod motor of coolers?

It is the Tesla of coolers. Works great until it leaves you stranded in the desert, or drives you off a cliff while you watch a movie.

So you have to constantly monitor the temp of your beer and stop to refill (recharge) it with ice as necessary.

As an soft sided cooler owner you compartmentalize all the shortcomings and tell everyone how great it is because you have so much money and into the coolers and their subsequent repairs, and bought into the brand. you’d be thought of as a fool to just abandon them now and attend the party with a hard cooler like every other Neanderthal.

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
No worries. Someone will be along soon to tell you their 10 year old AO has never leaked and they have to chip the ice off their beers after leaving them in there for 2 weeks.
I bought 4... they all leaked after awhile, so we were at the avi camp ground, the basement of sues alpine was all wet... when we were getting ready to leave, I emptied them, and stacked them by the dumpster...a gyu asked me if I was throwing them away,...yes, and you can have them...he loads them up and says thanks, also say's ... did you know you can send them in and they will fix the leaks...yes, and no thanks...

bk2drvr

Reaction score
This thing is bad ass. Sold as 2 seperate coolrs that work as 1 system. Total spent $60.

-Detachable cart for us lazy asses
-cart folds up super small
-Soft side 50 can cooler plus ice
-Soft side smaller cooler with hard liner
and tray.
-heavy duty zippers and straps to hold it on the cart
-built in bottle opener
-storage on outside pockets
-unbeatable Costco warrenty
View attachment 635463 View attachment 635460 View attachment 635461 View attachment 635459

Do the wheels have rubber on them or are they all plastic? First thing I look for on a rolling cooler.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
It is the Tesla of coolers. Works great until it leaves you stranded in the desert, or drives you off a cliff while you watch a movie.

So you have to constantly monitor the temp of your beer and stop to refill (recharge) it with ice as necessary.

As an soft sided cooler owner you compartmentalize all the shortcomings and tell everyone how great it is because you have so much money and into the coolers and their subsequent repairs, and bought into the brand. you’d be thought of as a fool to just abandon them now and attend the party with a hard cooler like every other Neanderthal.

How long do you boat for? I've never had any cooler be void of ice by the time we get off the water in the evening. Maybe mostly melted, but still ice cold drinks

4Waters

Reaction score
Just picked one up looks great, one thing that was not mentioned was the liner is seamless, so less likely to leak and if it does leak it is removable and replaceable from the manufacturer as a lifetime warranty item they will ship you a new liner. No ship it to them and wait for them to fix it, the liner it held in with Velcro you take it out and replace it yourself.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We bought one from Costco when we were in Hawaii a few months ago. Made it easy to take drinks to the beach. Great little cooler, but a word of warning: If you get really drunk verrry late at night on the lanai drinking wine with your girlfriend, you will see the happy little face on the front of the cooler and the strap that looks like his hand is down his pants. Once you see it, you can't not see it. There's a chance I may not have giggled that hard in my life, ever... Guess you had to be there. Lol We named him "Coolie" - he was a good buddy to have around that week. I wonder if he misses me as much as I miss him?

[emoji16][emoji6]
IMG_20170622_012122.jpg
IMG_20170622_132228.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
We bought one from Costco when we were in Hawaii a few months ago. Made it easy to take drinks to the beach. Great little cooler, but a word of warning: If you get really drunk verrry late at night on the lanai drinking wine with your girlfriend, you will see the happy little face on the front of the cooler and the strap that looks like his hand is down his pants. Once you see it, you can't not see it. There's a chance I may not have giggled that hard in my life, ever... Guess you had to be there. Lol We named him "Coolie" - he was a good buddy to have around that week. I wonder if he misses me as much as I miss him?

[emoji16][emoji6] View attachment 635995 View attachment 635996

:D

RDP - Progressive Box.png

Lil'Moni77

Reaction score
Sooo... I have 5 AO coolers... 1 set of AO's are the HUGE, Medium, and Small... I bought those I'm going to say in 2007. The other 2 AO's are for buggy and a back pack one... purchased about only 3yrs ago... ALL are still going STRONG!! No leaks and yes hold ice and water... LOL... But what amazes me the most is how long they have lasted and I literally use them year round between Glamis and Havasu. Most people don't use their coolers literally almost every weekend year round. But we do!
I own 2 of these Costco coolers... and here are the "fails"...
1) The seam/zipper or velcro at the top for the lining leaks... so be careful never to put weight or accidentally push down on the top zipper.
2) They just don't hold ice very long at all... my man for some reason loves to take this thing along and put it beside the AO. The AO cooler is filled with beer... The Costco cooler is filled with waters and sodas... I assure you we are reaching into the beer cooler much more often... LOL... But literally only after a couple hours it's all just warm water in the Costco Cooler... kinda disappointing because the wheels sure make this cooler convenient.

Sooo... what I have done is just put my AO cooler onto the Costo dolly/wheels... and made it easy!

My .02

4Waters

Reaction score
Sooo... I have 5 AO coolers... 1 set of AO's are the HUGE, Medium, and Small... I bought those I'm going to say in 2007. The other 2 AO's are for buggy and a back pack one... purchased about only 3yrs ago... ALL are still going STRONG!! No leaks and yes hold ice and water... LOL... But what amazes me the most is how long they have lasted and I literally use them year round between Glamis and Havasu. Most people don't use their coolers literally almost every weekend year round. But we do!
I own 2 of these Costco coolers... and here are the "fails"...
1) The seam/zipper or velcro at the top for the lining leaks... so be careful never to put weight or accidentally push down on the top zipper.
2) They just don't hold ice very long at all... my man for some reason loves to take this thing along and put it beside the AO. The AO cooler is filled with beer... The Costco cooler is filled with waters and sodas... I assure you we are reaching into the beer cooler much more often... LOL... But literally only after a couple hours it's all just warm water in the Costco Cooler... kinda disappointing because the wheels sure make this cooler convenient.

Sooo... what I have done is just put my AO cooler onto the Costo dolly/wheels... and made it easy!

My .02
The Costco cooler liners are now seamless.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score

Now I can't unsee this image.... And now I feel like I've got a creeper for a cooler...

I actually LOLed when I saw this.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I can buy alot of bags of ice for how cheap this cooler was :)

You guys & girls don't drink fast enough!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of these, we'll see how they do

Lil'Moni77

Reaction score
The Costco cooler liners are now seamless.

Seamless yes... but the lining still pulls out at the top... so the lining can be removed and washed. THAT area where it connects is not water proof and if leaned on or say... fallen onto... well... water everywhere!! LMAO

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

Damn it! Lol
Guess it’s just me and the perv cooler on the boat this weekend