WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New CA Law Delays July DMV Registration Fees

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
This might impact some of you.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-ca-dmv-july-registration-delay,0,6626528.story

California drivers who are set to register their cars in July are getting a bit of a break as lawmakers and Gov. Jerry Brown try to negotiate a budget deal.

The state won't be sending those drivers their annual registration bill 60 days in advance as usual and will waive any late fees for at least a month.

The budget deal under negotiation includes an increase in vehicle registration fees.

Gov. Brown signed a new law, SB 94, on Wednesday to delay sending registration notices.

Under current law, the annual vehicle license fee is set to drop from 1.15% of a car's value to .65% on July 1.

The governor wants to avoid sending drivers two bills should he succeed at extending the hike.

"It is going to eliminate some potential confusion and duplication," Department of Finance spokesman H.D. Palmer told the L.A. Times.

In addition to the delayed notices, CHP officers are also being instructed to ignore late registrations in the month of July.

RVRKID

Reaction score
What about your expired tag on your vehicle, are cops not going to pull you over?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
The article says. In addition to the delayed notices, CHP officers are also being instructed to ignore late registrations in the month of July.

What about your expired tag on your vehicle, are cops not going to pull you over?

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score

It will be a safety check...c'mon we all know the gig by now water or not............;)

Cops suck:D

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
They'll figure out a way to fuck us in the end... :rolleyes:

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Do you know why they did this?

Sounds like they are doing people a favor, but they are extending as they think they will get the temp tax increase on DMV fees thru in a later election, and by extending them, they can apply the fees to the July fees that have not been paid.

Little D

Reaction score
No favor here. It looks like the DWV bills that would go out in July would be at the lower rate. Brown is trying to get the higher rate extended.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thats it in a nutshell.

No favor here. It looks like the DWV bills that would go out in July would be at the lower rate. Brown is trying to get the higher rate extended.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Of course mine wasn't in July. I always miss out on the cool shit.......:grumble::D

jesco

Reaction score
I have one due June 30th, if there is a increase I will just miss it...:thumbsup:thumbsup:D

BadPoor313

Reaction score
I'm going to be super pissed when I get pulled over for expired tags for that "safety check"

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
...and so it begins.

jerry-brown_linda-ronstadt.jpg

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
I have one due June 30th, if there is a increase I will just miss it...:thumbsup:thumbsup:D

It is not an increase...it automatically decreases on July 1. So, you are paying the temp higher rate.

jesco

Reaction score
It is not an increase...it automatically decreases on July 1. So, you are paying the temp higher rate.

I read it as its set to go down but he wants to change that...

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Mine is due in July. I'm not planning on saving any money.

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
Because he is pro-union.

I guess we finally get to see if the California Teachers Association has been talking out their ass all these years or not. They have long said they can fix California's budget problems if the Governor will work with them. Seeing as Brown is bought and paid for they should have no problem........ But still you would think the people would be smart enough to remember.........

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I guess we finally get to see if the California Teachers Association has been talking out their ass all these years or not. They have long said they can fix California's budget problems if the Governor will work with them. Seeing as Brown is bought and paid for they should have no problem........ But still you would think the people would be smart enough to remember.........

Government-worker unions in California will see to it that Jerry Brown fixes our budget problems.

If by "fix" they mean "tax the shit out of everyone to fund the salary & pensions of 2.4 million CA government employees", then yes, he will fix things.

That 2.4 million is twice the number of people who have manufacturing jobs in CA.
But that's also 2.4 million registered voters that he's got to appease.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704050204576219073867182108.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

MMD

Banned Inmate #2584...Now Inmate #20161
Reaction score
Government-worker unions in California will see to it that Jerry Brown fixes our budget problems.

If by "fix" they mean "tax the shit out of everyone to fund the salary & pensions of 2.4 million CA government employees", then yes, he will fix things.

That 2.4 million is twice the number of people who have manufacturing jobs in CA.

you_got_that_right_business_card-p240456981717957362tdcc_152.jpg

There's certainly no chance he will hammer the unions into shape and fix their unsustainable pensions and benefits.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Ii call bullshit. I got my july renewel in the mail couple weeks ago, along with my "must smog diesel":grumble:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My next registrations arent due until August and September so not sure if this crapola will affect me.

Ii call bullshit. I got my july renewel in the mail couple weeks ago, along with my "must smog diesel":grumble:

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704050204576219073867182108.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Isn't that how the government fixes everything? They are going to tax us in to prosperity :thumbsup