WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nautical Spring Break now.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
23D3D1BF-A241-47E1-BBCF-6A7D2B89AFD1.jpeg
Apparently I’m the only one with a boat here. Lots of college kids on their phones. Instagram photo sesh on the right.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
I swear I've seen that many fit on a wake boat before! Hang out at Pirate's, you're bound to see it too come summertime:p

TCHB

Reaction score
Big tour companies taking the breakers other places. Let’s hope we get them back.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I was there last year with my college age son. He met up with friends but they all expressed that there were better spring breaks out there these days over Havasu. I bet it was sort of good for the economy while it lasted.

blefever

Reaction score
Motor Boater. Did you have to pay for that spot in the cove?

guest hs

Reaction score
I had someone ask me to cruise them around in the Channel for $20 I declined

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
ASU and U of A have already had their weeks last week, that is typically the busiest week for Havasu spring break, looks like its pretty much a thing of the past now. This past sunday there was maybe one clump of about 40 kids partying and a few boats, a far cry from a few years ago.

The other issue is spring break is earlier in the year then it used to, most are in the first few weeks of march which really isnt all that great of weather in Havasu.

ridebig

Reaction score
My son was in Cabo for a bachelor party about a week ago and said the spring breakers were everywhere.

MOUZER

Reaction score
must be mid westerns kinda homely and funky bikinis......aint no cali girls

Just Ducky

Reaction score
Used to be part of owning a timeshare.no more cuz that place sucks.glad I got rid of my timeshare there even though I lost a shitload of money.they never came through with any of the promised improvements and have had so many management changes I can't even begin to fathom how they stay in business.their big attraction is the stupid pool they built. Who goes to a big beatiful lake to sit in a fucking pool drinking overpriced booze.

Singleton

Reaction score
Used to be part of owning a timeshare.no more cuz that place sucks.glad I got rid of my timeshare there even though I lost a shitload of money.they never came through with any of the promised improvements and have had so many management changes I can't even begin to fathom how they stay in business.their big attraction is the stupid pool they built. Who goes to a big beatiful lake to sit in a fucking pool drinking overpriced booze.

I wish I could dump my timeshare at the Nautical. Only benefit is the ramp! I asked if I could sign it over back to them and was told ‘no’ and ‘pay your annual dues or we will take you to court’ is the answer I got.

TCHB

Reaction score
I wish I could dump my timeshare at the Nautical. Only benefit is the ramp! I asked if I could sign it over back to them and was told ‘no’ and ‘pay your annual dues or we will take you to court’ is the answer I got.
We trade our Nautical time share for other places in the US and country. We are going in May to a real nice golf resort!

USClb41

Reaction score
We are staying there next weekend and we couldn't even reserve a cove spot, lady said one group bought them all, but not for boats, just so nobody could park there all weekend.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
The inner harbor at Havasu Springs was full of pontoons and snowbirds yesterday for lunch! Good food and drink specials with free parking. [emoji106][emoji471]

The channel looked busy with a few spring break groups on our way back to the marina, didn’t take the time to drive thru tho.

IMG_9129.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Spring break fizzled ou
I had someone ask me to cruise them around in the Channel for $20 I declined

You shoulda offered to give them a ride thru for free...that sort of thing is what leaves an impression on a newbie and makes them want to get a boat and keep the “old school river values” going!

78Southwind

Reaction score
I remember the good old days back when I was in High School (the 80's). Back then, all the schools had Spring Break at the same time... 500+ kids down at North Beach Crazy Horse. Damn, I wish I could print my memories...:D

guest hs

Reaction score
Spring break fizzled ou

You shoulda offered to give them a ride thru for free...that sort of thing is what leaves an impression on a newbie and makes them want to get a boat and keep the “old school river values” going!
After being sued by a friend riding in my boat that was hit by a jet ski I tend to pick and choose more carefully who rides in my boat

HCP3

Reaction score
After being sued by a friend riding in my boat that was hit by a jet ski I tend to pick and choose more carefully who rides in my boat

Wow. He doesn't sound like he ever was really your friend. What a terrible situation.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Thats fucked up. I have a friend who won't let friends ride in his sandrail at Glamis, unless they initial and sign a 3-page "hold harmless" waiver. He even gives them a carbon copy to hang onto. Obviously it's smart, but who here would do that?

4Waters

Reaction score
Spring break fizzled ou

The problem is that they will just end up getting a wakeboat and screwing up the river more.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
The problem is that they will just end up getting a wakeboat and screwing up the river more.
If the performance boat guys don't keep the spirit of "river reciprocity" alive, it will die. It's already in decline. Not everyone had parents that did this stuff to learn from, I know I didn't. If it wasn't for a generous friend and a few nice strangers, I would have never experienced the river, probably wouldn't be talking to you now...

CobraDave

Reaction score
My first boat I owned was a Bayliner. Still, I had it really clean and it was just slightly used so really new. We took it out during Spring Break in Havasu. My wife got shit faced and as I was talking to someone else about boats I look over and about 8 spring breakers with all of their sandy feet were standing on the cushions fist pumping to music.

I kicked all of them off and about another hour goes by. I hear the motor start and look over and my wife is more
Drunk than the last time. Again, full of college kids and she says, “we are going on a ride!” She slams the boat into gear and gases it forward, further on the beach. Glad she was having a good time but I had to take the keys away like she was a four year old. Lol

brgrcru

Reaction score
Thats fucked up. I have a friend who won't let friends ride in his sandrail at Glamis, unless they initial and sign a 3-page "hold harmless" waiver. He even gives them a carbon copy to hang onto. Obviously it's smart, but who here would do that?

Now a days . I don't blame him .

When money is involved , even family will screw you .

I give a few rides to friends in our flat bottom and our CP . But very few, never full blast passes.
I have strangers ask for rides ? Never will do that.

Times have changed.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Last time I was at spring break in Havasu, Mark And Brian had a houseboat at Copper Canyon. '89ish? I had a '73 tri-hull with a 289/merc od (my first boat). My pops' Taperflex Wake Jumper got stolen out of the boat. Still miss that ski.

Now, usually just go to the river at Laughlin during bike week, lotsa bikes, only a few boats...

Dan'l

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Last time I was at spring break in Havasu, Mark And Brian had a houseboat at Copper Canyon. '89ish? I had a '73 tri-hull with a 289/merc od (my first boat). My pops' Taperflex Wake Jumper got stolen out of the boat. Still miss that ski.

Now, usually just go to the river at Laughlin during bike week, lotsa bikes, only a few boats...

Dan'l
Laughlin bike week is Desert Storm weekend again this year......

JD D05

Reaction score
My first boat I owned was a Bayliner. Still, I had it really clean and it was just slightly used so really new. We took it out during Spring Break in Havasu. My wife got shit faced and as I was talking to someone else about boats I look over and about 8 spring breakers with all of their sandy feet were standing on the cushions fist pumping to music.

I kicked all of them off and about another hour goes by. I hear the motor start and look over and my wife is more
Drunk than the last time. Again, full of college kids and she says, “we are going on a ride!” She slams the boat into gear and gases it forward, further on the beach. Glad she was having a good time but I had to take the keys away like she was a four year old. Lol

Hahahahahaha!

gqchris

Reaction score

Oh hell! Thats what nightmares are made of! LOL...I would have been a nervous wreck babysitting. And probably divorced at the end of the day! LOL

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Hell, used to be FREE so long as you had a room at the nautical, but was first come first served at the end of the day so you weren't guaranteed a spot.
So true. I'm starting to think the rise rates $10 every year.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
I remember the good old days back when I was in High School (the 80's). Back then, all the schools had Spring Break at the same time... 500+ kids down at North Beach Crazy Horse. Damn, I wish I could print my memories...:D
I'm kind of glad my memories aren't in print.