WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My First Jet

JetBoatCop

Reaction score
This is my first jet. I was just kinda wondering if there was a way to have the reverse gate half open to create a kinda sortta neutral.

G-Body

Reaction score
Yep, you set the cable so that when the throttle lever is in neutral the reverse gate covers approx 1/2 of the opening. It is a trial and error thing, but you will get somewhat of a neutral, no matter what the boat will always creep forward or backward slowly.

JetBoatCop

Reaction score
Oh, ok cool. So there is a way to keep it somewhat still. I just didn't want to have to kill it everytime I wanted to stop for a sec. Thanks

454Rocket

I thought RDSUX?
Reaction score
As you spend more time with it you'll get used to how to feather the fwd/rvse, throttle, and steering to make that boat do whatever you want. It's amazing how nimble they are

Sleeper CP

Reaction score
It might take a while but you might learn how to side step it. Pretty cool to pull up to the dock at side step it in.

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover:D

JetBoatCop

Reaction score
It might take a while but you might learn how to side step it. Pretty cool to pull up to the dock at side step it in.

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover:D

Is that bringing it in sideways? How do you do it, or is it too hard to explain?

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
get some seat time and you will figure it out. i've got a few dirty looks before when i've "parallel parked" at the dock in between a couple of dock hogs :D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Forward, reverse, forward, reverse forward, reverse. you get it. it will walk side ways to the right.

I pulled AWAY from the dock sideways at Whiskeytown last summer. Right between some high dollar wake boats. Should have seen there faces when I lit it off with only a few feet on each end. Tunnel rammed and open Bassets on the fresh motor.
REMEMBER.... When you start it, IT WILL GO FORWARD FAST, unless you hold the reverser back. If it revs when you start it, from pumping the throttle , it will pull the lever out of your hand and go straight into whatever is in front of you.
I drove my first Miller straight up the launch ramp and beached it with the jet about 5 feet on the asphalt. That was fun.
Tommy

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Throw it in reverse and dont touch the trottle (you will hardly move). Half-way is a good speed for idle in the marina. All the way open, pedel flat and have fun.