WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Motor Swap Help Needed

River Runner

Reaction score
I am swapping a early model 454 with a late gen V 454. I am noticing small differences i a few things, the flywheel is completely different and the fly wheel adapter will not bolt up to the old u joint can I use the old fly wheel or will I have issues? Secondly, does any one have any information on the ignition plug into the which wire is power and ground going into the distributor, I am using a breakerless ignition roughly out of a 95 chevy?

thanks for any help,

RR.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I am swapping a early model 454 with a late gen V 454. I am noticing small differences i a few things, the flywheel is completely different and the fly wheel adapter will not bolt up to the old u joint can I use the old fly wheel or will I have issues? Secondly, does any one have any information on the ignition plug into the which wire is power and ground going into the distributor, I am using a breakerless ignition roughly out of a 95 chevy?

thanks for any help,

RR.

I would pm Danny (DCM) here on the boards :)

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score

thanks for any help,

RR.

The two flywheels are balanced a bit differently, unless I am wrong. You can have one match balanced rather than having to buy a new one. Some photos would make it easier to comment,, you have a flexplate instead of a heavy flywheel one one?

Also need to see which ignition to be able to comment on that.