WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mercury 496 Oil Change Cost In Havasu

Mikes56

Reaction score
What are shops charging for an oil/filter change on a 496?

How about drive oil change cost?

Impeller change cost on a Conquest Topcat 1?

My buddy needs both of his oils changed and I offered to help him to save some money. It’s stupid easy to do, but I realize shops have overhead, etc.

HST4ME

Reaction score
just did a 353 formula, oil changes, impellers, winterize for $1293.00. proberly..well definitely fucked myself out of 2-300 dollars, the port motor pump was an absolute motherfucker and I have the bruises to go with it.

petie6464

Reaction score
I'm in the wrong business!!
No your not.

Imagine having to deal with these guys coming in and telling you..."it's only an hour job"

Meanwhile your landlord is calling you to tell you your lease is coming up an your rent is going from $6,500/mo. To $7,600 or you can just move out next month. Then your best mechanic comes in to say: My old girlfriend in Washington is pregnant and I'm moving up there next week..sorry.

-All before lunch on a Monday.

The grass isn't greener, Go in pay the money and be thankful you're not him!

Mikes56

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys. I’m back in Havasu for the Xmas Boat Light Parade in December so we’re gonna do it then. I’ve done the oils and impeller on my 525 Topcat 1, so it should be very similar for his with a 496.

I just can’t let my buddy spend $1200ish for $200 in materials and a couple hours of talking shit and catching up with an old friend. I’ll show him how to do it the first time and he can do it after then.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
No your not.

Imagine having to deal with these guys coming in and telling you..."it's only an hour job"

Meanwhile your landlord is calling you to tell you your lease is coming up an your rent is going from $6,500/mo. To $7,600 or you can just move out next month. Then your best mechanic comes in to say: My old girlfriend in Washington is pregnant and I'm moving up there next week..sorry.

There’s a lot of truth in that statement.🤣

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
The oil look clean and drive oil the same - is it running cool and not hotter than it should ?
Screw it , do it next year .

lol NOT ! Pay the money

Reactions: DWC

Tremor Therapy

Reaction score
End of summer full service which is pull the drive and change all filters, impeller and fluids....$1900. Ask me how I know.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys. I’m back in Havasu for the Xmas Boat Light Parade in December so we’re gonna do it then. I’ve done the oils and impeller on my 525 Topcat 1, so it should be very similar for his with a 496.

I just can’t let my buddy spend $1200ish for $200 in materials and a couple hours of talking shit and catching up with an old friend. I’ll show him how to do it the first time and he can do it after then.
Shit, I need a friend like you. $1300 for my conquest w 525 last year. Few years ago, $800

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
No your not.

Oh, you must be self employed!