WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Magic Box Christmas Sale!

C

Captain_Streamsmart

Hello all, I just wanted to say Happy Holidays and thank everyone who has purchased a Streamsmart unit with the " RDP " coupon code. I have now lowered the price for the Holidays to $225 for a Streamsmart Pro Plus unit including a free gift with purchase. Just enter coupon code " RDP " at checkout

https://www.captainstreamsmart.com/product/streamsmart-pro-4k/

Attachments

• proplus.png
    proplus.png
    280.6 KB · Views: 360

cnj

Reaction score
Really interested in this, but I am a novice to all this "streaming" stuff. I have alot of questions with regard to wireless speeds required for this to work and stream 4K, to what it will let me watch, to how it connects to my TV, etc. I didn't see any of that on the web page (maybe I missed it?). Should I call the tech line for all of this, or is there some tutorial that I should use?

buck35

Reaction score
You can do a magic box search on here for the answeres. As far as speed , I think it was 25 meg download to run and you can watch virtually anything.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Really interested in this, but I am a novice to all this "streaming" stuff. I have alot of questions with regard to wireless speeds required for this to work and stream 4K, to what it will let me watch, to how it connects to my TV, etc. I didn't see any of that on the web page (maybe I missed it?). Should I call the tech line for all of this, or is there some tutorial that I should use?

I'm not sure how many streams out there are true 4K yet, and if they are you'd need some really decent download speeds.. To stream in basic 720 you'd need 20MB and above. Most ISP's are way faster than that now though, so you shouldn't have any problems if you have a 50 / 100 plan etc.

The box hooks to the TV vs was HDMI cable and that's it. It hooks to the internet via wifi. What I have done in my garage is put the box on the back of the TV and then powered it behind the TV. Hook to hte internet via WIFI and you are done. It's idiot proof to setup, and honestly pretty easy to figure out.

RD

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I haven't been following the threads on these boxes, but does it include Kodi, Terrarium, and all the other streaming services free of charge? I was going to get another Amazon Fire TV for upstairs since I can't jailbreak my AppleTv, but if this has all the goodies on it already I might just go this route.

cnj

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many streams out there are true 4K yet, and if they are you'd need some really decent download speeds.. To stream in basic 720 you'd need 20MB and above. Most ISP's are way faster than that now though, so you shouldn't have any problems if you have a 50 / 100 plan etc.

The box hooks to the TV vs was HDMI cable and that's it. It hooks to the internet via wifi. What I have done in my garage is put the box on the back of the TV and then powered it behind the TV. Hook to hte internet via WIFI and you are done. It's idiot proof to setup, and honestly pretty easy to figure out.

RD

RD, thanks. That seems super easy. The whole thing still seems a bit to good to be true, but all info points to it all being legal, and above board. Thanks again!

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't been following the threads on these boxes, but does it include Kodi, Terrarium, and all the other streaming services free of charge? I was going to get another Amazon Fire TV for upstairs since I can't jailbreak my AppleTv, but if this has all the goodies on it already I might just go this route.
Get an Nvidia shield.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

sml

Reaction score
I couldn’t resist so i ordered one. I have 2 arcstream fireboxes that we have no issues with so we’ll see if this one is better/easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Two questions.......

Can I use this as an option along with my direct tv box, ie plug it into a separate hdmi port and experiment before I kill the direct tv?

One of the only reasons we keep direct tv is the NFL package, is that on this? If so that pays for itself, the package is $350 a year I think.

sml

Reaction score
Two questions.......

Can I use this as an option along with my direct tv box, ie plug it into a separate hdmi port and experiment before I kill the direct tv?

One of the only reasons we keep direct tv is the NFL package, is that on this? If so that pays for itself, the package is $350 a year I think.

Yes, totally separate.

Our streaming boxes are plugged in to the “hdmi 2” ports and we have a xfinity cable box plugged in to “hdmi 1”.

Our xfinity is basic cable because it comes with the internet package.....

Edit: yes we can get all football games on our current streaming box

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Get an Nvidia shield.

Not to stir the pot, they cost $149.

Out of three fire sticks I have all three quit working. I had a friend come over and spend about an hour programming one up and it’s working again. I still have to have him come back to finish up the other two.

Magic box I turn it on and it works.

I have gone round and round on this with Waffles, and I’ll still maintain that if you just want it to work I’d rather pay the extra money for something someone else maintains.

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
Out of three fire sticks I have all three quit working. I had a friend come over and spend about an hour programming one up and it’s working again. I still have to have him come back to finish up the other two.

I have gone round and round on this with Waffles, and I’ll still maintain that if you just want it to work I’d rather pay the extra money for something someone else maintains.

I agree. There’s something about plug and play as well as paid services or subscriptions... all come at a cost.

If you want to mail your fire sticks or fire boxes , I can get it them up and running. I’d do it in Havi but don’t know when I’ll be there next. I follow some instructions I found online - it’s nothing special.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I agree. There’s something about plug and play as well as paid services or subscriptions... all come at a cost.

If you want to mail your fire sticks or fire boxes , I can get it them up and running. I’d do it in Havi but don’t know when I’ll be there next. I follow some instructions I found online - it’s nothing special.

The last time I did that it cost me 1800 dollars! Went to the YouTube video.. clicked the link in the comments and it freakin blue screened my bad ass HP laptop. Even after I got it fixed it was never the same.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

The shield isn't a firestick LMAO

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The shield isn't a firestick LMAO

You are still going to have to update the builds just like a fire stick right? It isn’t a hardware problem it’s he updating and software that I can’t figure out.

With the boxes someone else does all that which is fine by me. Turn it on and it works. The others you have to know how to do all that.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
So can you search a specific movie you want to watch, such as “Blazing Saddles” and just watch it, commercial free?

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
So can you search a specific movie you want to watch, such as “Blazing Saddles” and just watch it, commercial free?

Yes. As long as somebody is hosting it (very likely) you’ll be good to go.

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
Do these have support? Im very tech savvy and honestly with the fire stick/box I'm just tired of playing with it just to watch tv. I have way better things to do with my time.....

Hypnautic

Reaction score
So what do I need to know about these boxes?? Tired of paying DirectTv!!!
I have the highest speed wireless internet (100 mbps) already. Only need setup for two TVs.
What do I need to know? Do these units only last for a few months or year and have to be replaced? Do you have to pay for updates? Local channels? Does it have the same channels that I’m used to watching with DTv?

Pros? Cons???

If it sounds right, I’m ready to buy!

sml

Reaction score
Got mine this morning.....not too impressed so far. Tried 3 apps and couldn’t get it to play a movie that we watched on the arcstream firebox yesterday. Plugged the arcstream box back in and i’ll try this captain streamsmart box again later.

Will update when some nhl games start this evening....edit: no games till tomorrow

IMG_0597.JPG

Last edited:

sml

Reaction score
Also, it took awhile to set up(i’m not tech savy and have zero patience for all the updates that need to occur) ....with no directions. Watched some random guys video on youtube on how to do it.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
sml —. Honest, thank you!! Update when you get a chance.

Anyone else??

CobraDave

Reaction score
I bought another box for my sis. she hasn’t tried it yet but my s4 box is starting to really suck. Too many links and apps just aren’t working. My speeds are fine. I update the hell out of it. What gives?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Do these have support? Im very tech savvy and honestly with the fire stick/box I'm just tired of playing with it just to watch tv. I have way better things to do with my time.....

It auto updates. You don’t need tech support.. lol. But yes it does have it

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Got mine this morning.....not too impressed so far. Tried 3 apps and couldn’t get it to play a movie that we watched on the arcstream firebox yesterday. Plugged the arcstream box back in and i’ll try this captain streamsmart box again later.

Will update when some nhl games start this evening....edit: no games till tomorrow

View attachment 609760

Which app were you running?

CobraDave

Reaction score
Well for me I ran the wizard back to back which fixes my issues. I don’t think it was uPdating when it said it was.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason to download an app on my ipad? If so, what one? I still have no clue how to navigate this thing, but I figure once I ever get it working, i’ll get it figured out.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is there a reason to download an app on my ipad? If so, what one? I still have no clue how to navigate this thing, but I figure once I ever get it working, i’ll get it figured out.

What are you talking about with the iPad?

When you got to the media center and go into movies there will be icons down below the header. Each of those is a engine to deliver content.. or basically an “app.”

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about with the iPad?

When you got to the media center and go into movies there will be icons down below the header. Each of those is a engine to deliver content.. or basically an “app.”
Ok, I get it. Usually when I think apps, i think my phone ot ipad.

TLAW719

Reaction score
Can you get local channels and normal channels like on DTV?

sml

Reaction score
Which app were you running?

1080p movies...erin has been using it more than me and she likes it. For me i just use it for hockey games. I could get them on my arcstream box no problem but i noticed with this box i get good links faster. I’ve been using wolf or venom.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can you get local channels and normal channels like on DTV?

Normal channels yes.. although I don’t know why you’d want to watch commercials?

Local channels I haven’t found but someone said ya could.

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
For those that have, has anyone got rid of the cable company?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
For those that have, has anyone got rid of the cable company?

We don’t have cable at my house and don’t miss it at all.. frustrating as hell when I got to my moms and watch normal tv for an hour. Lol. My kids don’t even know what commercials are and ask why the show turned off when they come on.

TLAW719

Reaction score
Normal channels yes.. although I don’t know why you’d want to watch commercials?

Local channels I haven’t found but someone said ya could.

I love commercials. Haha. I mention regular channels to be able to watch supercross, motocross and a few other shows.