WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lien holder help

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
My son bought a dirt bike, didn't get the title (I think). Anyway, he tried to register it and the DMV says there is a lien holder. It is listed as

Conseco BK C/O CFSC
322 Minnesota st 500
St Paul, MN 55101

I can't find any way to contact them short of by mail. What I have found makes it look like the original company went belly up. Can anyone help?

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
They need to be sent a duplicate title for stamping off. You know if anybody or business can be found C-2 can do it. PM him.

If the bizz is gone and the title is lost then there are ways. Again C-2 might help you with that also.

There might be a Lesson learned the hard way on this one.

In CA offroad stuff non registered (non renewed) drops out of the system in like 5 years. Last resort as there may just be money owed on the bike.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
After re examining the paperwork he has, there is a notarized application for transfer with duplicate title. He took that to the DMV and that's when he discovered the lien. I know my lenders were slow to release the lien to the dmv even after they sent me the title.

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
This is what I am thinking. I hope I am wrong but its just naive to hand over money without getting a title. :(

That's what I did years ago and now Jordy owns it and neither one of us got a title. I bought mine from Hamm Motorsports and they basically told me....sorry, we can't help you. (long story involving an auctioned bike)Before everyone runs to Jordans defense, he knew I didn't have it, which is why it was such a good deal.:D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My son bought a dirt bike, didn't get the title (I think). Anyway, he tried to register it and the DMV says there is a lien holder. It is listed as

Conseco BK C/O CFSC
322 Minnesota st 500
St Paul, MN 55101

I can't find any way to contact them short of by mail. What I have found makes it look like the original company went belly up. Can anyone help?

Verify the address and that they are still operating. Send them a request for a lien release on VIN#X*%!@@#&9. Send it by FedEx with a return FedEx envelope prepaid if you're in a hurry.

C-2

Reaction score
Randy, call the document release dpartment at 888-315-8733 - have the original borrower's name handy.

Conseco filed for BK - but emerged and are still in existence. Conseco Finance, (651) 293-3400 is the main menu, you can eventually get to a live person via the accounts option.

Start with the 888 number though.:beer

C-2

Reaction score
They need to be sent a duplicate title for stamping off. You know if anybody or business can be found C-2 can do it. PM him.

If the bizz is gone and the title is lost then there are ways. Again C-2 might help you with that also.

There might be a Lesson learned the hard way on this one.

In CA offroad stuff non registered (non renewed) drops out of the system in like 5 years. Last resort as there may just be money owed on the bike.

Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

In connection with a lot of Eminent Domain work I do, I find many, many lenders and finance companies that have merged, failed or otherwise can't be found.

This one was easy (I think?) :)

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

In connection with a lot of Eminent Domain work I do, I find many, many lenders and finance companies that have merged, failed or otherwise can't be found.

This one was easy (I think?) :)

:thumbsup:thumbsup

Your the man!

Still scares me.:D:D:D

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Randy, call the document release dpartment at 888-315-8733 - have the original borrower's name handy.

Conseco filed for BK - but emerged and are still in existence. Conseco Finance, (651) 293-3400 is the main menu, you can eventually get to a live person via the accounts option.

Start with the 888 number though.:beer

Thanks Craig I hoped you would see this and have the answer. I couldn't even find a dang phone number to start with. Vehicle loans were sold off to GE, so I got their number and now have a place to fax my request to. The payoff was over 3 years ago (if it was indeed paid off), so the records are archived. I'll let you know how it all works out. Once again, thanks!