WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Latest and greatest on gun control in Mohave County

hallett240

Reaction score
From the Mohave Daily News Today

County declares itself a Second Amendment sanctuary
  • TERRI HARBER, The Daily News
  • 21 hrs ago

KINGMAN — The Mohave County Board of Supervisors on Monday voted unanimously for a resolution declaring the county a Second Amendment sanctuary location.

Board Chair Hildy Angius brought the resolution to the supervisors. She stressed that the resolution isn’t legally binding but explained what it means.

The City of Needles declared itself a Second Amendment sanctuary city in July. Mohave County voted to support that community’s decision in August.

“It’s a statement of something we feel strongly about,” Angius said. “Things are happening at warp speed in this country.”

She cited a court order filed in September by the U.S. Department of Justice against Apple and Google seeking the names, addresses and other data of at least 10,000 users of a gun scope application that allows the gun owner to receive a live stream, shoot video and calibrate the scope using a smartphone, according to Forbes.com. “That was my ‘aha’ moment,” she said.

The resolution stated that the board of supervisors “will not authorize or appropriate government funds, resources, employees, agencies, contractors, buildings, detention centers or offices for the purpose of enforcing laws that unconstitutionally infringe on the people’s right to keep and bear arms.”

Mohave County Sheriff Doug Schuster said he supports the resolution. He also noted that he and his staff have sworn to protect the federal and state constitutional rights of the people of Mohave County.

“There will always be a need to regulate the use of firearms for the safety and security of our communities,” Schuster said. “However, the rights of our citizens to possess and carry firearms, God willing, will never be infringed.”

He also shared an idea from Cesare Beccaria, author of the 18th-century essay “On Crimes and Punishments.” Beccaria’s ideas are considered to have been influential in creating the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights as well as criminal law.

Here’s part of the quotation: The laws which forbid men to bear arms ... “only disarm those who are neither inclined or nor determined to commit crimes. ...”

Other speakers supporting the resolution included U.S. Rep. Paul Gosar, Arizona State Sen. Sonny Borrelli, State Rep. Leo Biasiucci and Needles Mayor Jeff Williams.

Gosar said Second Amendment rights are going to be important during the upcoming presidential election.

“America has to wake up. Our First and Second Amendment rights are tied together,” he said. “If you don’t have the Second Amendment, you don’t have the First.”

Borrelli mentioned the City of Tucson’s attempts to restrict firearm sales and buy back weapons and that the state might consider addressing nullification. This is non-enforcement by localities of new gun laws.

Biasiucci said people moving to Arizona should know Mohave County supports their Second Amendment rights.

“I think it’s vital in getting the right people to move to our district,” he also said.

Several residents spoke as well. Virtually all were in favor of the resolution.

Mary McCord Robinson, the Mohave County Democratic Party chairwoman, was opposed to the resolution being approved — at least for now. She questioned the timing and asked whether it was necessary at this point.

She explained that she owns various types of guns, has a permit to carry a concealed firearm and supports the Second Amendment. She said she is not in favor of “red flag” laws as currently written, either.

“I think there needs to be more discussion. I think there needs to be more and better understanding,” she said.

Even though it was a big social media topic over the weekend leading up to Monday’s meeting, “this is the first time it’s come up in this county,” McCord Robinson noted.

“I don’t think Mohave County is at risk right now,” said McCord Robinson. “The Constitution is there to protect us. We have a sheriff who just spoke and said he upholds the Constitution. I don’t understand why we need another layer.”

The item was listed as the 52nd on the agenda among 53 items. Supervisors began discussing it about 15 minutes into the meeting. Roughly 70 minutes was spent on the matter.

dribble

Reaction score
Believe it or not the multi-time elected Sheriff of Sacramento County has done the same thing. With very few exceptions, if you can legally own a gun you get a CCW. It drives local newspaper, the mayor and the Sacramento liberals crazy. 10,000 ccws and counting.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Believe it or not the multi-time elected Sheriff of Sacramento County has done the same thing. With very few exceptions, if you can legally own a gun you get a CCW. It drives local newspaper, the mayor and the Sacramento liberals crazy. 10,000 ccws and counting.
But the guy before him only gave out 7... 3 too people that could not legally own a gun.

guest hs

Reaction score
Can someone put this in a nutshell for us dummys?

BingerFang

Reaction score
Can someone put this in a nutshell for us dummys?

You have your right to own a gun in Mohave County no matter what the crooked government passes. Similar way the illegals stay in CA.

guest hs

Reaction score
Kinda what I was thinking but wasn't sure thank you.

Taboma

Reaction score
You have your right to own a gun in Mohave County no matter what the crooked government passes. Similar way the illegals stay in CA.

California, :rolleyes: You WISH it was ONLY California :eek: :p
Sanctuary County, city, state.JPG

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
County’s Second Amendment declaration being considered by other locales across state

By DAVE HAWKINS Special to the Daily News 4 hrs ago

KINGMAN — A Second Amendment Sanctuary declaration in support of constitutionally protected gun rights by Mohave County last November is sending ripples across the state.

Approval of a resolution by the Mohave County Board of Supervisors is prompting consideration in other jurisdictions after drawing considerable press attention and publicity.

District 2 Sup. Hildy Angius visited Prescott last Thursday, where the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors was to consider a proclamation that was not as bold as Mohave County’s resolution. Angius said she was amazed by the size of the crowd that showed up early for the meeting.

“There was a line around the building, over 500 people. Patriots showed up to ask their elected officials to follow the Mohave County resolution,” Angius said. “People spoke for over three hours and at the end, the board decided to table the discussion, listen to their constituents and come back with stronger wording.

“I was very proud to be a part of that, and the people of Yavapai County who came out for that were awesome.”

Yavapai County Public Information Officer David McAtee said it was the biggest crowd in a decade for a Yavapai County Board meeting.

“This was the first time I’ve seen that many people there,” McAtee said. “I’ve seen 100 or 300, but I’ve never seen 500.”

McAtee said most of the speakers urged the board to make Yavapai County’s second amendment support stronger than was expressed by the proposed proclamation, but that it was unclear if a stronger proclamation or a resolution will be drafted by staff.

“What they come back with is anybody’s guess at this point,” he said.

Meanwhile, District 5 State Rep. Leo Biasiucci is pushing to declare Arizona a Second Amendment state. The Lake Havasu City Republican has introduced the “2nd Amendment Firearm Freedom Act” in advance of the 2020 state legislative session that opens next Monday.

Biasiucci said he leaves out any reference of “sanctuary” because he doesn’t want the effort confused with illegal immigration issues.

“It’s simply a bill that would make any federal rulings or laws that violate the Second Amendment ‘null, void and unenforceable’ in Arizona,” he said.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Arizona has some of the least restrictive firearm laws in the Nation.

*Open carry
*No permit concealed carry.
*No magazine restrictions.
*AZ Constitution states: "Section 26. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men."

While the 2nd Amendment "sanctuary" laws are a great thing in states such as, Virginia, California, Washington, Oregon, Illinois, etc., where there are repressive gun laws, Arizona Counties passing them is somewhat of a joke and political grandstanding. The chances of CA/NY/VA style "Gun Control" laws being passed here are literally non-existent.

rrrr

Reaction score
It's a declaration the county will follow the Constitution and law, as opposed to the illegal sanctuary cities that vow to break the laws.

playdeep

Reaction score

*Open carry
*AZ Constitution states: "Section 26. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men."

While the 2nd Amendment "sanctuary" laws are a great thing in states such as, Virginia, California, Washington, Oregon, Illinois, etc., where there are repressive gun laws, Arizona Counties passing them is somewhat of a joke and political grandstanding. The chances of CA/NY/VA style "Gun Control" laws being passed here are literally non-existent.
You forgot New Mexico...
I believe 29 of 32 counties became sanctuary counties after our newly elected fatass liberal governor started talking about new anti 2nd.amendment laws.
Same governor who refused to allow New Mexico Sheriff's to carry their guns into the Capital building.
Shit hit the fan after that deal...

SixD9R

Reaction score
You forgot New Mexico...
I believe 29 of 32 counties became sanctuary counties after our newly elected fatass liberal governor started talking about new anti 2nd.amendment laws.
Same governor who refused to allow New Mexico Sheriff's to carry their guns into the Capital building.
Shit hit the fan after that deal...
That’s cool but my read on your post is the 3 counties out of 32 are what put the idiot governor in office which is dam shame.
Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
The biggest issue with stuff like this, is that everyone signing these resolutions have also sworn to uphold the US and State Constitutions. So if they stood by and honored their oaths, the resolutions are unnecessary.

EBT531

Reaction score

*Open carry

I was thinking the same thing. This means something in other States, but in AZ its more about publicity

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score

*Open carry

I guess we're proud of are joke...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk