WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Natoma this weekend

PrimeCut

Reaction score
My son races Crew, this my first time up here. It’s a huge three day event, regionals. Anyone else row?
IMG_2912.JPG
IMG_2913.JPG
IMG_2914.JPG
IMG_2915.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrimeCut

Reaction score
Been there many years. What team is your son on? Seat position?

He’s been a seat 6 in a eight for awhile, now he’s seat 3 in a quad sculling. He starting sculling a couple months ago and really likes it. We are on a new team just formed in Vegas last year, so it’s all new to us, Lake Las Vegas Rowing. The coach, Jim Anderson, came from Oklahoma.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
88CB11D5-DCB9-49FA-B17D-009ACA861EAB.jpeg
B6E5264C-14CD-45A7-9C5A-53D4926E88B3.jpeg
970B9F62-8DE1-4240-A110-421E03ABD82F.jpeg
He’s been a seat 6 in a eight for awhile, now he’s seat 3 in a quad sculling. He starting sculling a couple months ago and really likes it. We are on a new team just formed in Vegas last year, so it’s all new to us, Lake Las Vegas Rowing. The coach, Jim Anderson, came from Oklahoma.

That’s great! One of the best Sports out there. Just the connections your son will make will continue throughout his whole life. This is my son, he’s been all over the world.

Hometown: Irvine, Calif.
Current Residence: Irvine, Calif.
Began Rowing: 2005 – Newport Aquatic Center
Date of Birth: 12/22/1990
Height: 6'2”
Weight: 165
High School: Northwood High School
Undergraduate Education: Orange Coast College
Club Affiliation: Newport Athletic Club
Training Location: Newport Beach, Calif.
Current Coach: Larry Gluckman
Years on National Team: – 2010, Under 23

International Results: Finished 19th in the lightweight double sculls at the 2010 World Rowing Under 23 Championships... Won the junior single sculls at the 2008 Royal Canadian Henley Regatta.

National Results: Won gold in the eight at the 2009 USRowing Youth National Championships…Won gold in the eight at the 2009 USRowing Southwest Junior Regional Championships…Won the junior eight at the 2009 San Diego Crew Classic.

PrimeCut

Reaction score
View attachment 641176 View attachment 641177 View attachment 641175

That’s great! One of the best Sports out there. Just the connections your son will make will continue throughout his whole life. This is my son, he’s been all over the world.

Hometown: Irvine, Calif.
Current Residence: Irvine, Calif.
Began Rowing: 2005 – Newport Aquatic Center
Date of Birth: 12/22/1990
Height: 6'2”
Weight: 165
High School: Northwood High School
Undergraduate Education: Orange Coast College
Club Affiliation: Newport Athletic Club
Training Location: Newport Beach, Calif.
Current Coach: Larry Gluckman
Years on National Team: – 2010, Under 23

International Results: Finished 19th in the lightweight double sculls at the 2010 World Rowing Under 23 Championships... Won the junior single sculls at the 2008 Royal Canadian Henley Regatta.

National Results: Won gold in the eight at the 2009 USRowing Youth National Championships…Won gold in the eight at the 2009 USRowing Southwest Junior Regional Championships…Won the junior eight at the 2009 San Diego Crew Classic.

That is so cool! You must be a proud dad! We are really enjoying it, it has changed my sons life so so much already. I even started rowing, adult novice, I pretty much like anything on the water

Universal Elements

Reaction score
That is so cool! You must be a proud dad! We are really enjoying it, it has changed my sons life so so much already. I even started rowing, adult novice, I pretty much like anything on the water

Yes, he’s a great kid. The cardio you get out of rowing is insane. The kids that row are great and create life long bonds. Definitely a team sport. Even though most of them are skinny and tall, but they are so strong that it’s scary. Make sure your son hydrates a lot specially in Las Vegas during the summer. You’ll see the food consumption go up dramatically too. His coach probably makes them take this before the races, if not ask him. These are very good and come in Gel. Come in all sorts of flavors too, just click on the tab.

https://shop.guenergy.com/products/energy-gel

PrimeCut

Reaction score
Yes, he’s a great kid. The cardio you get out of rowing is insane. The kids that row are great and create life long bonds. Definitely a team sport. Even though most of them are skinny and tall, but they are so strong that it’s scary. Make sure your son hydrates a lot specially in Las Vegas during the summer. You’ll see the food consumption go up dramatically too. His coach probably makes them take this before the races, if not ask him. These are very good and come in Gel.

https://shop.guenergy.com/products/energy-gel

I raced desert for about 20 years, bikes, used to use Gu at pit stops, definitely helped a lot

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
It's a great paddle boarding lake. You can go from there all the way up to Folsom Prison/Folsom Dam area.