WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Arrowhead Marina

Henskier

Reaction score
LAKE ARROWHEAD MARINA
UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

ARROWHEAD LAKE ASSOCIATION IS EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE LAKE ARROWHEAD MARINA?S NEW MANAGEMENT WILL BE UNDER MARK AND JANIE DAKAN, OWNERS OF INLAND BOAT CENTER IN PERRIS, CALIFORNIA.

OPERATING FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS, INLAND BOAT CENTER IS ONE OF CALIFORNIA?S LARGEST AND MOST ESTABLISHED MARINE DEALERS. MARK AND JANIE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALA AND THE RESIDENTS OF LAKE ARROWHEAD FOR THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY.

INLAND BOAT CENTER HAS BEEN SERVING MANY LAKE ARROWHEAD
RESIDENTS FOR YEARS AND TRULY UNDERSTANDS THEIR RECREATIONAL BOATING NEEDS. IT IS THEIR GOAL AND COMMITMENT TO PROVIDE EXCELLENT AND FRIENDLY SERVICE FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS AS THEY HAVE DONE FOR YEARS. VISIT THEIR WEBSITE AT WWW.INLANDBOATCENTER.COM TO CHECK OUT THEIR INVENTORY OF BOATS AND ALL THE SERVICES THEY PROVIDE UNDER ONE ROOF!

THEY ARE EXCITED ABOUT MANAGING THE MARINA AND INVITE YOU TO STOP BY AND SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO OFFER AT THEIR OTHER LOCATION IN PERRIS. WITH THE ADDITION OF LAKE ARROWHEAD MARINA, THEY ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO PROVIDING THE SAME PROFESSIONAL AND FRIENDLY SERVICE THAT MADE THEM THE LARGEST MARINE DEALER IN CALIFORNIA!
LAKE ARROWHEAD

Sales Service Parts Supplies Accesories Upholstery Fiberglass/Gelcoat Storage

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inland-Boat-Center/293202550704969?ref=tn_tnmn

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What does the Marina do? Boat Storage? Or are they doing service and repairs etc?

RD

Henskier

Reaction score
Boat sales, service, storage, gel-coat, upholstery, parts, accessories and apparel, food, and much more...

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I wouldn't think Lake Arrowhead would have much of a market.. Don't you have to be a property owner to put a Boat on the lake?

lalhc

Islander Trailer Trash
Reaction score
Did Barry sell? And yes, you have to live within the association of Lake Arrowhead to have lake rights and own a dock.

AuggieBenDoggie

Reaction score
Don't forget they dump batteries into the lake too!!!

Growing up they used to have show rooms at the marina. You could put an order in with Howard boats or if that had what you wanted they would sell one on the spot. Century, Supra, and Correct Craft all did show room stuff at the Lake.

Last edited:

AuggieBenDoggie

Reaction score
For years the Marina used to dump dead batteries into the lake. I forgot how they got busted and I really do not know if they had to clean them up. They don't do it anymore.

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
I wouldn't think Lake Arrowhead would have much of a market.. Don't you have to be a property owner to put a Boat on the lake?

Yes, but there are about 2500 private slips on the lake so there are a pretty good concentration of boaters to serve. A lot of these people will pay for the convenience of having their service and storage done on the mountain. It really sucks dragging your boat up and down "the hill" as they say.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
It really sucks dragging your boat up and down "the hill" as they say.

That's for sure.. I lived in Big Bear for 35 years.

I didn't realize that Arrowhead had that many slips. They should do OK.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
For years the Marina used to dump dead batteries into the lake. I forgot how they got busted and I really do not know if they had to clean them up. They don't do it anymore.

I think it's safe to say the new owners wouldn't do that..

RD

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Bought my boat from inland boat...Overall good experience.:thumbsup

AuggieBenDoggie

Reaction score
They used to rent boats as well. You could rent those metal valco boats with an outboard. In a way I wish they still did, I wanna watch some wakeboard boat vs rental action.

Reaction score
I didn't think this info was supposed to be out yet:)

Barry didn't sell but he is out. This has been in process for a while.

The batteries if I remember correctly were with the previous operator his name slips my mind. it was a big damn deal which it should have been. I think he got his ass ran out of town and a lawsuit. When I think of his name I'll post it up....he deserves it.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Last I heard Kaufman was going to prison. I know the officer that arrested him. Stan Perrine (sp?), super nice guy got dragged into it too. Not sure, but I don't think he was convicted, at least I hope not. Kaufman was a real piece of work, use to have the Pioneer Chicken franchise in Blue Jay.

Reaction score
Ya seems to me pioneer chicken and half of blue jay too. The report said over 100 batteries were recovered and it may had been a disgruntled employee who turned him in.

dancudmore

Reaction score
They used to rent boats as well. You could rent those metal valco boats with an outboard. In a way I wish they still did, I wanna watch some wakeboard boat vs rental action.

I would be down to rent one and partake in that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
I didn't think this info was supposed to be out yet:)

Barry didn't sell but he is out. This has been in process for a while.
This must be the reason why they have since removed it off their facebook page.;)

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
What good is the lake if you have to be a property owner to use it ?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
What good is the lake if you have to be a property owner to use it ?
The boaters that own property would be happy to answer that question for you :D

It keeps the level of scuzz to a minimum, property is pretty expensive up there, so you don't get much riff raff on the water, if any. Also the lake is so small that if you had a bunch of precks from the 909 coming up there to wakeboard every weekend it would be unusable, the lake is already crowded even limiting it to property owners that also have dock rights, if it was open to the public forget about it.

Last edited:

TerribleSpectra

Reaction score
The boaters that own property would be happy to answer that question for you :D

It keeps the level of scuzz to a minimum, property is pretty expensive up there, so you don't get much riff raff on the water, if any. Also the lake is so small that if you had a bunch of precks from the 909 coming up there to wakeboard every weekend it would be unusable, the lake is already crowded even limiting it to property owners that also have dock rights, if it was open to the public forget about it.

Well said Racey...Rich Man's Sport.

Reaction score
Well I have one request for the new marina owners... 91 Octane Gas.

Ala runs the gas pumps. I told John his gas was crap last year, he shrugged and said the other boats run on it:)

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Bunch of stuck up drunk pricks in that place, i'd stay away....

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Isnt that lake paid for and maintained with our tax dollars? If so lets just charge the people that live there for all of it.

lalhc

Islander Trailer Trash
Reaction score
Ala runs the gas pumps. I told John his gas was crap last year, he shrugged and said the other boats run on it:)

I rarely buy gas from the marina. I just take my gas down to my dock.

lalhc

Islander Trailer Trash
Reaction score
Isnt that lake paid for and maintained with our tax dollars? If so lets just charge the people that live there for all of it.

Arrowhead Association owners pay for everything. That's our only source of water, and we also pay to keep our docks floating (both ALA & County Property Taxes), and we have to pay to for annual stickers for our boats & kayaks. It's a privately owned lake, just like Canyon Lake.

catman-do

Winter sux, lets golf!
Reaction score
You only need to be an owner within an area with lake rights (there are portions that sold off their lake rights for water). Cannot be a renter. However, you do not have to own a dock. We do not have a dock, and there are many up there that launch every day. We kept the boat at our house, and never had any problems. Boating up there was not much fun (for us atleast), so we just kayak there in the mornings now, or golf.

alohajeff

Reaction score
Agreed. Arrowhead is a terrible lake. I don't know why anybody would want to boat on that lake. Arrowhead will be enforcing sound levels this year too. No boats over 26' allowed. 7mph speed limit dusk to dawn... 35mph the rest of the time... and the people on the lake are stuck up a$$holes. My advice, boat elsewhere.

Aloha

EDIT: If my memory is correct Pioneer Chicken was busted for dumping all of their used grease and oil into the Blue Jay / Agua Fria creek which runs right into Arrowhead via Blue Jay bay.

Last edited:

Reaction score
I heard that arrowhead is going to be closed this year. No power boating. If I can make a suggestion try big bear:)

alohajeff

Reaction score
Looks like this is getting messy...

Aloha

Dear ALA Member,

The Arrowhead Lake Association (ALA) has reached agreement with Mark Dakan of Inland Boat Center to assume boat storage and repair operations at the Marina. Also included are the operation of the snack bar and the ship's store. Members with boats stored with Hardin Marine should contact Hardin Marine directly. It is Hardin Marine's responsibility to deliver the boats to their customers pursuant to the arrangements previously agreed to. During this transition period, Hardin Marine will be allowed access to the boat ramp for the purpose of delivering boats. It should be noted that Hardin Marine has not agreed to surrender possession of the Marina and Stacker Building and as such,ALA has had to file a Superior Court action to evict Hardin Marine. It is anticipated that ALA will receive a court order for Hardin Marine to turn over possession of the Marina and Stacker Building by the end of April/early May, 2012.