WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kicked outta Walmart!

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
No I wasn’t being a Karen!

Long story short I was headed to pirates but had to drop the boat off at 7am in havasu for some work. So I figured instead of staying in pirates overflow (and having the pay them again..) I’ll just go all the way and crash in the Walmart parking lot as I thought that was legal? Anyways left my house at about 7ish pm rolled into the Peking lot at about 2am parked the boat and DP under a light locked the doors and passed out as I had worked all day as well. Next thing I know an officer is pounding at my door at 3 am! Told me there’s no camping in city limits and I told him I’m just waiting for them to open not to worry! 😂 He laughed and said that we (along with the 4 other overnighters) couldn’t stay there. Felt bad for the officer that had to go pounding on all of the doors he said it’s the last thing he wanted to do. Sounds sketchy to me. The security guard called us all in….dickhead. Explained my situation to him and he told me where to go and he wouldn’t mess with me. Good thing about a motorhome just fired it off and blasted out of there to where he said to go which wasn’t the nicest area but it’s where all the semis where so I figured it would be somewhat safe. I guess the semi trucks would fall under the same rule too?

Sombody said you can camp in the dirt just not the street? Idk thought it was funny. For sure makes it hard for the homeless, need to implement that law in Tulare county!

Singleton

Reaction score
A bunch of cities have passed those types of laws.
Used to be an app that would tell you which Walmarts allowed overnight camping in parking lots.
A know some locations stopped, when folks took overnight camping to mean I can camp for a week without moving in the lot. It was a good setup while traveling, but ruined by a few that can’t follow the rules.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I always thought Walmart encouraged campers since it was supposed to be good for business.

Singleton

Reaction score
I thought so as well?
This article explains the change. I used to use the parking lots when I needed to move my trailer from point A to B or if between trips and needed to move it from street parking in front of my house for 12 hours.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Apparently the security guy didn’t 😂 took his job to the extreme
Was he on a Segway?
1681313719476.jpeg

callbob

semi flaccid member
Reaction score
Years ago in Yuma there used to be a big Kmart by the curve. The snowbirds started sething up camps with areas roped off, fake grass mats, cinder block tie offs for awnings. It got so bad you could barely get in the parking lot lol.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I thought so as well?
They used to. Before GPS, when you used an Atlas for travel, Walmart sold a US Atlas that showed every Walmart. So you could plan you travel to stay in Walmart parking lots while on the road.

People moving in for a week or more, and putting out all their camping stuff, ruined it. I used to stay in walmart lots when traveling. It was a great deal.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
long time back I got a lifetime ban from the Salem Or. Super Walmart for feeding a half dead feeder gold fish to an Oscar. I didn't put my cart back that day either

2Driver

Reaction score
I always thought Walmart encouraged campers since it was supposed to be good for business.

You are thinking precovid when RVers used to drive in late, sleep in the lot, buy some supplies the next morning and hit the road.

Now free RV parking becomes a permanent homeless encampment full of vagrants, crime, and drug abuse........ not so good for business.

Last time through Page the Wally World lot was laden with "campers"

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
Great. Now I'm banned from Walmart

I just received this letter.

09/15/2022
Dear Mr. Aquino

Over the past two months you have, caused quite a commotion in our store.. We cannot, tolerate this behavior and, have been forced to ban you from the store. Complaints against you are listed, below and are documented by our video surveillance
cameras.

1. July 3: You took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.

2. July 10: You set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 17: You made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the woman's restroom.

4. July 23: You went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on layaway.

5. August 4: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

6.August 12: When a clerk asked if they could help you, you began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' EMTs were called.

7. August 16: Looked right into the security camera in the fishing section and used it as a mirror while you picked your nose.

8. August 23: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the 'Mission Impossible' theme.

9. August 28: You hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through you yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

10. September 1: When an announcement came over tAhe loud speaker, you assumed a fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!!

11. September 4: You went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of the clerks passed out.
😉😉😂😂

77charger

Reaction score
A know some locations stopped, when folks took overnight camping to mean I can camp for a week without moving in the lot. It was a good setup while traveling, but ruined by a few that can’t follow the rules.
That’s how it always goes.was good deal for those traveling who just needed a place to pull in to sleep a few hours leave in morning.

When we use to go from so cal to Powell parents were able to do this at some hotels never an issue in the 90s pull in they go gamble morning wake up grab a breakfast hit the road. 10 years ago I barely pull into the rio and right away security pulls up saying I can’t sleep or camp before I got out of my truck and cabover towing my boat. Told him fuck off off then left also called the rio after and they said the guy was wrong. Sucked cause I was really tired was gonna grab a quick nap then go eat and gamble.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
I think it depends on where you are. Hard for some to believe, but homeless encampments are regional- there’s areas in this great USA that don’t have that problem, so we still operate under the “ normal, logical” rules, and overnighting at a business is allowed. Common courtesy is to go in and ask the manager for permission- buying something doesn’t hurt your chances, but if all else fails, I know police stations and churches are a good bet for an overnight. Again, a donation of donuts or lighting a few candles doesn’t hurt your chances.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Great. Now I'm banned from Walmart

I just received this letter.

09/15/2022
Dear Mr. Aquino

Over the past two months you have, caused quite a commotion in our store.. We cannot, tolerate this behavior and, have been forced to ban you from the store. Complaints against you are listed, below and are documented by our video surveillance
cameras.

1. July 3: You took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.

2. July 10: You set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 17: You made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the woman's restroom.

4. July 23: You went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on layaway.

5. August 4: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

6.August 12: When a clerk asked if they could help you, you began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' EMTs were called.

7. August 16: Looked right into the security camera in the fishing section and used it as a mirror while you picked your nose.

8. August 23: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the 'Mission Impossible' theme.

9. August 28: You hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through you yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

10. September 1: When an announcement came over tAhe loud speaker, you assumed a fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!!

11. September 4: You went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of the clerks passed out.
😉😉😂😂
OMG, laughing so hard I’m literally crying LOL