WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

July auto registration

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Has anyone heard what the hell this great state has done about this? I still haven't received my renewal notice.

Governor Moonbeam is doing a great job, IDIOT...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I got nothing in the mail either, I think they plan on not sending out notices, then hitting you up for penalties.

Go online to the DMV's website and you can check the status, all you need is your plate and VIN number...you can payonline as well.

http://dmv.ca.gov/online/vrir/vr_top2.htm

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Has anyone heard what the hell this great state has done about this? I still haven't received my renewal notice.

Governor Moonbeam is doing a great job, IDIOT...

Quit complaining....the rates got dropped almost in half back to what they were before the "tem" increase at the same time sales tax declined july 1st.:champagne::D:thumbsup

I don't have squat either but I can tell you july 1st peeps are alot luckier than 6/30 peeps;)

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Your still in a holding pattern. No clearance to land has been granted. We currently do not have a plan for when you run out of fuel and fall to the ground. We did not think of that ahead of time. Right now were on vacation.

Have a nice day.

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Quit complaining....the rates got dropped almost in half back to what they were before the "tem" increase at the same time sales tax declined july 1st.:champagne::D:thumbsup

I don't have squat either but I can tell you july 1st peeps are alot luckier than 6/30 peeps;)

If I get a ticket, I'm firing my insurance guy... :grumble: :D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I got nothing in the mail either, I think they plan on not sending out notices, then hitting you up for penalties.

Go online to the DMV's website and you can check the status, all you need is your plate and VIN number...you can payonline as well.

http://dmv.ca.gov/online/vrir/vr_top2.htm

No penalties until 30 days after your registration was due......My guess is we shall see these any days.

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Your still in a holding pattern. No clearance to land has been granted. We currently do not have a plan for when you run out of fuel and fall to the ground. We did not think of that ahead of time. Right now were on vacation.

Have a nice day.

If I didn't like my chick so much I would be out of this hell hole... :p

SPFRONTMAN

Reaction score
Went there, my truck was due 6/28 missed it by a couple of days! SHIT! Any way asked her about anything due in July, I have one of my Harleys due, she said nothing due till you get something in the mail? The Leos know about it so if you have expired tags by August because they haven't figured it out by then you won't be cited. Keep paying your insurance and if your smog is due, do it.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
and if your smog is due, do it.

Keep in mind that a smog cert is only good for 90 days so if you get it done now you better hope they get this budget mess sorted out soon.

You would imagine that they would want the money from the registrations that are due but you never can tell what a politician is thinking. :headscratch: Their mouth is saying one thing while the brain is obviously thinking something else.:grumble:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Keep in mind that a smog cert is only good for 90 days so if you get it done now you better hope they get this budget mess sorted out soon.

You would imagine that they would want the money from the registrations that are due but you never can tell what a politician is thinking. :headscratch: Their mouth is saying one thing while the brain is obviously thinking something else.:grumble:

its a wrap....

sales tax and registration fees went down july 1st as the increases expired.

They were hoping they could keep the temporarty increases in play even though they would have been un constitutional and eventually beat in court.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
its a wrap....

sales tax and registration fees went down july 1st as the increases expired.

They were hoping they could keep the temporarty increases in play even though they would have been un constitutional and eventually beat in court.

that might be true in any of the other 49 states, the Constitutional Bill of Rights has NO weight in Califukya :skull..................just my .02 cents

PVHCA

Reaction score
Just got mine today and it's due 7-8-11 with a smog check, WTF. But there is a notice about no 60 day grace period and that the DMV is allowing some sort of grace period where no penalties will occur, but it's very confusing. I think it's allowing 30 days.

BadPoor313

Reaction score
Still haven't seen anything for my truck yet.

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
that might be true in any of the other 49 states, the Constitutional Bill of Rights has NO weight in Califukya :skull..................just my .02 cents

Don't get me wrong they easily would have tried to cram the temporary increase through and laughed all the way to the bank untill it was taken to the supreme court and tossed.

I guarantee they wouldn't have issued refunds for all the over paid taxes and fees;):skull

Fuckers:box::D

dribble

Reaction score
DMV has advised law enforcement in all states that renewal notices have not gone out for July and August renewals and there is a thirty day grace period for those months.

kilrtoy

Banned
Reaction score
It clearly states on your reg ... If you dont receieve a renewal notice it still must be paid by the due date on the front of the reg form DUH....

How the hell do you people make it thru daily life

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
I had a June renewal and didn't catch it, no renewal notice in mail. Had to pay penalty to renew July 1. I think the sonofabitches plan this shit.

GR8WHITE

Reaction score
I went into AAA two weeks ago to transfer the title on the accord I just bought and while I was in there my civic tags are up in July. So I asked the lady if she could pull up how much the tags are and if I could just pay them now since I had not seen anything in the mail yet which was odd. She said well the state has not figured out how much to charge yet so you can't pay it but there will be a 30 day grace period from when it expires. Hope registration comes down because paying just under $400 for the tags on my 07 titan sucks. Have to pull out a loan to pay it.:skull

C-2

Reaction score
I'm like PVHCA - mine is due with smog on 7-8-11; but I didn't receive the registration packet until yesterday, 7-5-11 ( and the DMV envelope was postmarked 7-1-11)

On Friday 7-1-11 I went online and paid it, I was worried I had misplaced the paperwork. It's considered "incomplete" since I still need to do the smog portion. I did not need a "registration code" that is found on the registration paperwork - you can pay it with only your plate and vin number.

-------------

DMV included a separate "Special Notice" with the paperwork. Here is the text of the notice, written with bold and underline exactly how it appears on the notice, word for word:

"Legislation passed on May 4, 2011, changes DMV's process for collecting registration renewal fees due on or after July 1, 2011. This includes not sending 60-day advance notification to renew and establishing a 30-day grace period before penalties are due.

Pay fees within 30-days of the DUE DATE to avoid penalties. After the 30-day grace period, penalties will be due. If paying late, using the sample below, locate the circled amount on your billing notice. This is the amount you will need to pay if 31-90 days late.

Law enforcement will not cite vehicles until the first day of the second month after the vehicle registration expires. For example: A vehicle registration due in July woiuld not be subject to citation until September.
"

-------------------------

The deal is, if you look at your registration itself, it still identifies LATE FEES if you pay after the due date, so I don't know WTF they're talking about. Mine says if I pay it after its due date of 7-8; between the period 7-8-11 thru 7-18-11, it's a $26 penalty; after 7-18-11 thru 8-7-11 it's a $43 penalty, etc etc..

No fuggin' grace period as described in their "Special Notice"!

What's it all mean?

I guess it menas registration paperwork is not sent out until exactly one week before it's due.

Why?

I guess so they can nail us on late fees.

PVHCA

Reaction score
It clearly states on your reg ... If you dont receieve a renewal notice it still must be paid by the due date on the front of the reg form DUH....

How the hell do you people make it thru daily life

Did you read the note that was sent with the renewal?

I'm like PVHCA - mine is due with smog on 7-8-11; but I didn't receive the registration packet until yesterday, 7-5-11 ( and the DMV envelope was postmarked 7-1-11)

On Friday 7-1-11 I went online and paid it, I was worried I had misplaced the paperwork. It's considered "incomplete" since I still need to do the smog portion. I did not need a "registration code" that is found on the registration paperwork - you can pay it with only your plate and vin number.

-------------

DMV included a separate "Special Notice" with the paperwork. Here is the text of the notice, written with bold and underline exactly how it appears on the notice, word for word:

"Legislation passed on May 4, 2011, changes DMV's process for collecting registration renewal fees due on or after July 1, 2011. This includes not sending 60-day advance notification to renew and establishing a 30-day grace period before penalties are due.

Pay fees within 30-days of the DUE DATE to avoid penalties. After the 30-day grace period, penalties will be due. If paying late, using the sample below, locate the circled amount on your billing notice. This is the amount you will need to pay if 31-90 days late.

Law enforcement will not cite vehicles until the first day of the second month after the vehicle registration expires. For example: A vehicle registration due in July woiuld not be subject to citation until September.
"

-------------------------

The deal is, if you look at your registration itself, it still identifies LATE FEES if you pay after the due date, so I don't know WTF they're talking about. Mine says if I pay it after its due date of 7-8; between the period 7-8-11 thru 7-18-11, it's a $26 penalty; after 7-18-11 thru 8-7-11 it's a $43 penalty, etc etc..

No fuggin' grace period as described in their "Special Notice"!

What's it all mean?

I guess it menas registration paperwork is not sent out until exactly one week before it's due.

Why?

I guess so they can nail us on late fees.

Like I said confusing. I'm getting the smog today and heading straight to AAA. DMV is a mess!!

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
We have 2 vehicles with reg due in July, and the renewals just showed up today in the mail. One with a due date of July 02 and the other due on July 08.......

One went up (from $67 to $79).
One went down (from $508 to $329).

Yippie.........

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
We have 2 vehicles with reg due in July, and the renewals just showed up today in the mail. One with a due date of July 02 and the other due on July 08.......

One went up (from $67 to $79).
One went down (from $508 to $329).

Yippie.........

I should be getting mine any day then, especially since we live about 4 miles from one another...

I am hoping for example #2... :D

Fltplan

Reaction score
On a side note, just renewed my K-5 reg for AZ. 5 years/ $64.00.:champagne:

:party2:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My truck is due in August and my Civic is due in September. I went to the DMV website and they said you can register them on-line for vehicles due in July, August or September and they will waive the normal on-line fees. I registered both my vehicles today.

2002 Toyota Tundra $233 a year
2008 Honda Civic Si $186 a year
Both have personalized plates which is another added fee.

75 Spectra V-Drive

Gas dock greg fueler
Reaction score
I just recieved the renewal for my 08' 2500 HD $425.00.. due by 8-31-11 Not bad??

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Went there, my truck was due 6/28 missed it by a couple of days! SHIT! Any way asked her about anything due in July, I have one of my Harleys due, she said nothing due till you get something in the mail? The Leos know about it so if you have expired tags by August because they haven't figured it out by then you won't be cited. Keep paying your insurance and if your smog is due, do it.

Farking DMV....that is such BS!!!

Wife brought me the renewal for the Harley today that was due on July 8th (we were at the river for 2 weeks) which was postmarked July 5th and now I owe fucking late fees.....this is pure BS!!!!:grumble::grumble:......now what am I going to do.....wait in line at the DMV and fight about like $15......pure BS!!!!:swear

Paul65k

Reaction score
It gets worse:swear
I just went on the fucking DMV website to pay the renewal and the GD thing is down for maintenance.....the fucking incompetence of this state is unbelievable!!!!:swear:swear:swear

C-2

Reaction score
Farking DMV....that is such BS!!!

Wife brought me the renewal for the Harley today that was due on July 8th (we were at the river for 2 weeks) which was postmarked July 5th and now I owe fucking late fees.....this is pure BS!!!!:grumble::grumble:......now what am I going to do.....wait in line at the DMV and fight about like $15......pure BS!!!!:swear

According to the insert - there is a grace period...which contradicts the late fees on the registration form itself.

This will go down as a COLOSSAL failure.

Somebody should call him out at a townhall metting."Uh, Mr Brown, since you're educated as a lawyer will you please explain WTF this sez?" :swear

Paul65k

Reaction score
According to the insert - there is a grace period...which contradicts the late fees on the registration form itself.

This will go down as a COLOSSAL failure.

Somebody should call him out at a townhall meeting."Uh, Mr Brown, since you're educated as a lawyer will you please explain WTF this sez?" :swear

Well............I was finally able to get on the website to renew this morning and the grace period is apparently in-place although there was no insert in my notice. When I paid online I was NOT charged the $20 late fee even though I was 7 days past the renewal date!

It's still the epitome of Fecked up government but at least I didn't have to pay a late fee for no good reason.........on the other hand $112 to register an 8 year old motorcycle is un-Feckingbelievable!!!:grumble::grumble:

C-2

Reaction score
Well............I was finally able to get on the website to renew this morning and the grace period is apparently in-place although there was no insert in my notice. When I paid online I was NOT charged the $20 late fee even though I was 7 days past the renewal date!

It's still the epitome of Fecked up government but at least I didn't have to pay a late fee for no good reason.........on the other hand $112 to register an 8 year old motorcycle is un-Feckingbelievable!!!:grumble::grumble:

Our 8 year old Excursion was $143...about $100 cheaper than last year. Go figure.

On the insert - I put the text up earlier in this thread - good thing you didn't receive it because it would have really sent you over the edge. :p

boatnam2

Reaction score
I never got mine they were due in july for my truck. I made a appoinment at DMV long beach was in and out to pay my 448 bucks in less then 5 minutes, even though there was a line of more then 100 people. Do people really not have access to a computer to make a appointment in the year 2011?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
What is this computer you speak of? :D

I never got mine they were due in july for my truck. I made a appoinment at DMV long beach was in and out to pay my 448 bucks in less then 5 minutes, even though there was a line of more then 100 people. Do people really not have access to a computer to make a appointment in the year 2011?

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Got mine while I was in Messico. Went down $130 from last year...

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

Mine didn't get cut in half. Received in the mail July 8th, due July 31st...