WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

John Force Racing Rumor

Tom Slick

Reaction score
The NHRA is to resume the 2020 season starting this weekend with back to back races at Indy. JFR however is not on the entry list and is rumored to be sitting out both Indy events and possibly the remainder of the 2020 season all together.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
The NHRA is to resume the 2020 season starting this weekend with back to back races at Indy. JFR however is not on the entry list and is rumored to be sitting out both Indy events and possibly the remainder of the 2020 season all together.
This schedule is on his website. Doesn't say if he is racing or not. 🤷‍♂️

His grand daughter did win her first race a week or two ago in Nevada. :)

Last edited:

Tom Slick

Reaction score
It’s been confirmed that JFR will not be at Indy, but no reason has been given.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
I’m doubtful that the NHRA get through even a handful of races with all that’s going on in the country. I don’t see them finishing the season and maybe Force doesn’t either.

Sad to think that this could be how John ends his storied career, as he ain’t getting any younger.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Lots of guys like me, over 60, been rooting / relating to him for MANY years. This changes the sport in many ways. The guys running NHRA just lost about a third of their value by not talking to him before making past decisions. There’s really only 3 people that matter - Force, Collitta, and Schumacher, and they just lost the best. Connie is 80, and Don has plenty of other interests. - he can leave and never look back. I think COVID just claimed NHRA, and that’s sad because it’s all political - this was never one of their targets.

PRORACER7474

Reaction score
there comes a time when you have to start building new stars up, The NHRA Tv part is 50% of John Force all the time that is the reason there are short fields at alot of events, how if you are a up and coming pro racer and you get some help from a sponsor and they tune in to Fox and 50% of the show is about John you will have no chance to get more sponsorship. Do not get me wrong I know John but he is 71 years old there is going to be a day when you will need Antron Brown, Leah, Johns kids and others to be the face of NHRA dragracing

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
there comes a time when you have to start building new stars up, The NHRA Tv part is 50% of John Force all the time that is the reason there are short fields at alot of events, how if you are a up and coming pro racer and you get some help from a sponsor and they tune in to Fox and 50% of the show is about John you will have no chance to get more sponsorship. Do not get me wrong I know John but he is 71 years old there is going to be a day when you will need Antron Brown, Leah, Johns kids and others to be the face of NHRA dragracing

So he’s hogging the money, yet can’t afford to race?
Hmmm

PRORACER7474

Reaction score
Lots of guys like me, over 60, been rooting / relating to him for MANY years. This changes the sport in many ways. The guys running NHRA just lost about a third of their value by not talking to him before making past decisions. There’s really only 3 people that matter - Force, Collitta, and Schumacher, and they just lost the best. Connie is 80, and Don has plenty of other interests. - he can leave and never look back. I think COVID just claimed NHRA, and that’s sad because it’s all political - this was never one of their targets.

Look at the entries at the Indy race this weekend there are 18 TF, 18 FC and 22 ps without Johns car

PRORACER7474

Reaction score
Ive been wondering at what point the sponsors just say fuck 2020.

yes I am sure some have, plus most sponsor contracts are set up on $xxxx amount per event raced at so if you are budgeted on a 24 race season and you have fulltime employees being paid on this amount , what happens when you only have 12 races now?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
yes I am sure some have, plus most sponsor contracts are set up on $xxxx amount per event raced at so if you are budgeted on a 24 race season and you have fulltime employees being paid on this amount , what happens when you only have 12 races now?

Easy...You ask Schumacher for a loan!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Here’s the deal.
JF is the one everyone knows on TV.
Proracer makes a good point about TV time BUT that is from the perspective of sponsor seeking teams.
From the perspective of FS1...it’s a different story.
Ive been to countless national events, my first was the 1980 gatornats.
But fans that attend races aren’t the market that a TV network necessarily focuses on.
Im team force, but I spend HOURS at every event searching out and watching the “primered car” teams in the pits as well.
But that’s not indicative of TV ratings.

JFR not participating might be a boon for hard working privateers...but it is not “good for the sport” when it comes down to sanctioning body dollars.
Those teams won’t benefit from his absence if the NHRA goes away.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Here’s the deal.
JF is the one everyone knows on TV.
Proracer makes a good point about TV time BUT that is from the perspective of sponsor seeking teams.
From the perspective of FS1...it’s a different story.
Ive been to countless national events, my first was the 1980 gatornats.
But fans that attend races aren’t the market that a TV network necessarily focuses on.
Im team force, but I spend HOURS at every event searching out and watching the “primered car” teams in the pits as well.
But that’s not indicative of TV ratings.

JFR not participating might be a boon for hard working privateers...but it is not “good for the sport” when it comes down to sanctioning body dollars.
Those teams won’t benefit from his absence if the NHRA goes away.

I have been an NHRA fan for as long as I can remember = But the handwriting is on the "WALL" as it is for all Motor Sports. The new younger generations are content playing Video Games and ? Nascar after #3 was down hill and is now or never will be the Way of the "Good Old Boys" style Stock Car Racing. It has become like NFL pussy Rules for Pussy Players/Drivers. I last went to Chandler two Years Go for the Lucas Finals and for the Final eliminations the Damn Stands were Not even Full. Sponsor $'s are virtually gone and not coming back. NHRA is GREAT "IF" you want Force & Schumacher. I do not and feel once it changed from a Serious Sport into BUSINESS- FIRST began the Nosedive and it ain't coming back.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I have been an NHRA fan for as long as I can remember = But the handwriting is on the "WALL" as it is for all Motor Sports. The new younger generations are content playing Video Games and ? Nascar after #3 was down hill and is now or never will be the Way of the "Good Old Boys" style Stock Car Racing. It has become like NFL pussy Rules for Pussy Players/Drivers. I last went to Chandler two Years Go for the Lucas Finals and for the Final eliminations the Damn Stands were Not even Full. Sponsor $'s are virtually gone and not coming back. NHRA is GREAT "IF" you want Force & Schumacher. I do not and feel once it changed from a Serious Sport into BUSINESS- FIRST began the Nosedive and it ain't coming back.

I was in Chandler this year and it was sold out. Big time. You couldn’t have shoe horned another person in there.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I was in Chandler this year and it was sold out. Big time. You couldn’t have shoe horned another person in there.

Well, since Lucas has pulled out and as far as I know, there has been no one stepping up. I have my opinion - What's Yours?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I see it both ways, new blood is good, but old faces bring in the folks spending money. The problem with the idea of new blood bringing in younger fans is relevance. Tickets are a grip, and a fuel car is pure unobtainium. Most guys I know go to no-prep stuff, 6-7 second cars with plates. Closer to attainable, if only bench racing funds. I miss the nitro cars, but with three kids, it's a bit much to pay to watch others run, and TV isn't even close to being there.

parker guy

Reaction score
Do you even think they will have a 16 car field? No way...John is being smart, why make the investment when the season most likely will not finish....

RaceTec

Reaction score
Every racing series should cut their ticket price in half and let kids 16 and under in free. They need to get families and the younger generation interested in racing again. Large corporate takeovers of racing has killed it...