WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hull Advice needed

Ladsm

Reaction score
I currently have a 21' Shockwave Skier 496 Mag I/O. I love the boat and it works flawless. Up between Bullhead and Needles it rides great and does everything we want and doesnt draw too much water so its pretty easy to navigate the shallow river. When we head south below Needles down to the Gorge and Sand Bar it can be a hand full getting through the wakes from the bigger boats.

My Question is how do the Cheetah 23' Scorpion Hulls handle to rougher water? They have the tunnel under them and quite a bit of freeboard, Will that get up on the water in the shallow areas? Will it take the wakes smoother? I know the Cheetah doesnt have the same build quality at the Shockwave but it has an interesting designed hull.

cheetah2.jpg
chyeeta1.jpg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The Scorpion and Stiletto are the same hull, the Stiletto however has a little more freeboard and the built in swim steps. I had one years back and ran from the dam down all the time as i lived off Riverview at that time.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Look at the Tahiti and Shockwave 22’s they actually do really well in the chop.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I’d imagine that hull works well.

As you mentioned the build quality getting a used one may be a gamble?
If you were talking a new build it’s probably going to be a bad ass, as I’ve heard they have really stepped up their game over there.

But if you are considering a new build I’d be talking to Bob at Shockwave about a new 25?
That would handle the afternoon snot well and you also know what kind of quality of build you will get.