WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Howard 22xl offshore opinions

Snprhed

Reaction score
I currently have a 234 edge Eliminator and have come to the realization that wake boats are ruining my lake. Im looking to get something with a ride that doesnt make me want to get out of boating. Im in the midwest and am looking at some Donzi 26s and fountain 27s etc. I recently came across a Howard 22XL offshore. I am aware of Howard boats build quality I just didnt know if it would compare to the other longer boats. I realize the running surface really isnt that much smaller though.

Looking for some input

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
I had one for years, wish I never sold it. It cuts through the chop like a knife. The only cons were you had to be on top of consistently adjusting the cav plates to avoid flopping side to side since it has such a deep V, and the only other con was space it was a bit small inside that is why I sold it. The other optional boat that I think would fit both of these fixes would be the Hallett 240, my friend had that boat and that is the one I would buy if I wanted to fight the rough water and people space.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
One of the best boats for rough water in that size range.

@OldSchoolBoats had one. He can chime in with more first hand knowledge.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Great rough water boat, but they don’t like to go fast.. hull begins to chime walk in the low 70’s. There have been some people successful in getting it past that but it takes a ton of dial in.

Meaney77

Reaction score

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Look at the formula fastech 271 or 292, they seem to be plentiful outside the Westcoast and handle big water well. I have a 271 and love the thing, it handles anything havasu, or mead can throw at it. Not the fastest boat in the world and if the fresh water tank is empty it will take a trimming down to keep it running on a neutral plane

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Snprhed

Reaction score
They are on my radar, but my budget is 32k and Those have to be pretty old to get in my range

farmo83

Reaction score
To Dave's point I believe one on here the owner ended up putting a different rotation prop and running the drive backwards to get the boat to dial in right.