WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How to make your friends never trust you with ANYTHING again!

JMC

Reaction score
Probably a repeat here, but this dude can spin a stepped 38 footer with the best of them. Damn lucky he didnt kill his friends

[video=youtube;wrlPIVCnLLU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wrlPIVCnLLU[/video]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have watched that video probably 100 times.. Looks like he was a little late on the sticks on the second bounce and had when he landed he slightly turned the boat right as they were going off the 2nd set. Turning and then on the throttle in the air, and off in the water looks like it just tripped the boat up.. Scary shit for sure.

RD

hallett21

Reaction score
Driver went down like a sack of bricks!!!

JMC

Reaction score
I have watched that video probably 100 times.. Looks like he was a little late on the sticks on the second bounce and had when he landed he slightly turned the boat right as they were going off the 2nd set. Turning and then on the throttle in the air, and off in the water looks like it just tripped the boat up.. Scary shit for sure.

RD

Dang RD, you make it sound like he just stumped his toe :p

He clearly bit off more than his skills or the hull could chew. See it all the time with stepped Beak Boats on LOTO. They seem to be a hillbilly favorite there.

Watch him pumping the throttles in slo-mo.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score

He clearly bit off more than his skills or the hull could chew. See it all the time with stepped Beak Boats on LOTO. They seem to be a hillbilly favorite there.

i thought the same thing what the hell,, sit your ass down and controll your wheel looks like he is way to throttle happy then looses footing and then the leanover :thumbsdown

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Remix! :D

LMAO!!

x2

LMAO x2

I feel bad for the guys in the boat, and I know it's no laughing matter... but that shit was funny. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
i was just about to post that but didnt want the hammer. I can't stop laughing. Why is that.....:D

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
I was busy looking at other things in the video but this time I noticed the throttles..............HOLY SHIT!!!!.........I have never seen ANYBODY cycle the throttles that quick before. Wow.......surprised he didn't snap the cables :bash:

rrrr

Reaction score
I was busy looking at other things in the video but this time I noticed the throttles..............HOLY SHIT!!!!.........I have never seen ANYBODY cycle the throttles that quick before. Wow.......surprised he didn't snap the cables :bash:

He was also punching the trim like it was the volume control on an iPod...

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Bad deal for sure.. Aside from some very violent and bizarre throttling, you can see at the beginning of the video him dropping the starboard side tab down to balance the boat.. Between that tab on the one side most likely being down further then the other, and being late to the party on all accounts with the throttles.. (On in the air, and off in the water it looks like on the 2nd set) he Just tripped the boat up, and when the boats not happy it will tell you.. He's lucky the boat let them off that easy, because it could've been a lot worse.

Cajun

Reaction score
Been waiting too see this, wow... drivers face was very badly bruised.. Younger girl looked too be hurting badly too.. Wow, thankfully they will all be ok.

Badly bruised???? WTF? He broke his face and his back. He shattered his eye orbital, as did one one the females.

Quoted from Patyacht in the original Fountain thread, you posted twice after this was made...
From DrReedJ and his OSO Post:
Hey guys, I was a passenger in this boat during the accident. Yes, there are many cardinal rules broken. The most important one I feel is no life jackets worn. As crazy as it seems, we had jackets for each person but as the poker run began we realized no one else was wearing them..... How foolish we were. I have read so many nasty comments on YouTube and other sites I am in shock. My wife suffered 4 broken ribs, punctured lung and a broken foot. She has not left the house since getting home. She is in severe pain. The driver crushed his eye orbital and broke hus back at T8 ( he is a former F-2 racer with APBA). Another passenger who raced professionally for many years broke his pelvis in several places and is in a wheelchair. One of the other girls crushed her eye orbital also. The guy from lake tv fractured his hip and broke his wrist. My injuries were minor compared, busted my head open and damaged a rib or two. Everyone is black and blue. This was a very upsetting event for everyone involved. I have been around powerboats for many years and it only takes on unguarded minute to loose a life or permanently hurt people you love. I am very thankful this did not end up worse. I hope everyone learns from this. I know I will boat differently. All of the guys in the boat are members of OSO. I think it is necessary to break down the accident and discuss this, just remember these are real people who like you who love power boating and do it every weekend.

AND

It was pretty crazy at the scene...the first thing the water patrol did was to stick a breathalyzer in the semiconscious drive who was later airlifted out. I was in disbelief with them doing that... Thank God alcohol was not a factor or he definitely would be hung out to dry.

Last edited:

NicPaus

Reaction score
Channel 9 Inside Edition is going to have one of the passengers tell his story. Its on now.

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Channel 9 Inside Edition is going to have one of the passengers tell his story. Its on now.

I have a feeling this will end up on the Today Show eventually.

Then they will invite everyone on the show to tell their side of the story. :rolleyes: