WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How to deal with idiot real estate

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
agents who block a driveway on a dirt road.

Out here, we take things into our own hands. And, I called for a tow truck and they were all busy with emergencies due to the wind.

I live at the end of a dirt road. There is a lot for sale near me that just had the price dropped real low getting lots of activity, and the real estate agents always park all fubar on the road. I can usually get by if I'm not towing anything....but this guy managed to block the road. And luckily, my F350 is NOT lifted, so I got great bumper to bumper contact - as you will see.

I asked the realtor to move his vehicle, and he said "In a minute." He was about 300 yards away watching me move his car for him. In the video, I'm driving down from the lot next to me and you can see my driveway to the right of the vehicle. Seriously, the guy just parked in the middle. I couldn't get by and there is no other way out. He is lucky I didn't stick him in the field which drops down about 2' from the edge of the road. F-350 7.3 PSD 2WD didn't even struggle. And I got 25 mpg while pushing!!! :D There were two nice size drag marks from the front wheels. :thumbsup

[video=youtube;DxB7GHF5dKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxB7GHF5dKI[/video]

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I'd like to do that to Tom's TDI.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you would be my new hero, but your truck isn't lifted....;)

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
That's awesome!!
I also live on a dead-end dirt rd. last house, and the house
next to me just went on the market...
Plenty of people looking, coming out here from suburbia HOA land, and don't understand...
Can't wait to see one of these people buy the place and realize coyotes, javalina, and rattlesnakes really do live out here....

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Thats great, I can appreciate that:thumbsup

Back in the day I had an old Bronco, had the top off most of the time. Anyways I get home one night just as its starting to rain and some asshole had parked there car in front of my garage door in my alley. Needles to say the tow strap came out, 4 low all locked up and I drug that sum bitch halfway down my alley:D

D

Deleted Account

I kept waiting to see your little head just pop up over the hood when the door opened up...;):D:skull

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
If you lifted it... You would need a spiral staircase to get into it. :D

Nice push. :thumbsup

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
I kept waiting to see your little head just pop up over the hood when the door opened up...;):D:skull

Had I thought about the comedic value....I should have done something to that effect. :D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Oh he walked in front of the truck, ya just couldn't tell he was there.:D

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Get the realtor to sign up on RDP, then we can start a new azzhole of the week thread and bash the shit of him.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
so.... what happened afterwards?

fmo24

Reaction score
Have always wanted to do that on the fwy when som? dipshit is on their phone not going when traffic moves

Reaction score
A chevys bumper would have caved in.:D

Nice work

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Live on the same kind of road, HM, and truly empathize with you.
Real Estate agents in general around here act like they have some special authority to trespass, park on private property, etc. Took me about a year to get the word out that that crap down in this little valley would not be tolerated.
Betcha you don't have any more problems.

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Live on the same kind of road, HM, and truly empathize with you.
Real Estate agents in general around here act like they have some special authority to trespass, park on private property, etc. Took me about a year to get the word out that that crap down in this little valley would not be tolerated.
Betcha you don't have any more problems.

We get more than just real estate agents....people often think the road I am on goes thru, and it does not. I've put up very official looking signs saying dead end and private road....which actually cut down most of this type of traffic. Have had people drive up on the property who were lost. But the real estate agents are in a class of their own...they think people love them or they try to act like some big wig real estate guru in front of their clients....and my own version of this gets them wanting to leave asap:

[video=youtube;ZFpfL-KJZ5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFpfL-KJZ5Q[/video]

Topless

Reaction score
We live on a private street, essentially a common driveway. We also live in walking distance from an elementary school so everyone dropping and picking their kids up think that it's perfectly ok to block our entire street. We finally put no parking signs up because the private street sign seems to be invisible to them or they don't know what private means.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What happened when u got out of the truck?

linus3

Reaction score
He fell about three feet to the ground. :thumbsup

Mrdeadair

Reaction score
I did that to a honda civic who park like an ass hat on my street taking up two parking spaces. He never parked there again.:skull

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
You must have been so tempted to just keep pushing it off into the field.

Our driveway looks like a dirt road, so people come down it all the time. We have a large area out front and they either do one of two things. 1-Haul ass pissed off raising a bunch of dust when they realize they are at a dead end or 2-attempt to drive through one of the gates into the back yard, hoping it goes through. I've wanted a big gate since we bought it, but haven't wanted to pony up the $$ for an automatic gate, since there is no power out there and we'd have to run a line 1000 feet. And I'm not willing to get out and open and close it every time. I'm smart enough to know it would just be left open all the time, and what's the point?

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
That's right it wouldn't have been able to move the car. My bad!

Sent from manly black iPhone using tapatalk!

Oh it will move the car alright, even on asphalt:D

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Aint it a pain in the ass when you get out of your big bad "Im a midget, and ive got a small dick" truck, and the fucking phone books fall off the seat!!!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Hey Frank what's on your windshield, pygmy spooge? :eek:

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
so far this gets my ONLY vote for some of those gross silver balls hanging from your tailgate:D... EXCELLENT.

Ya, what happend after you got out of the truck? They guy didn't freak out on you?

C-2

Reaction score
Ferris Bueller you're my hero :thumbsup

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
so far this gets my ONLY vote for some of those gross silver balls hanging from your tailgate:D... EXCELLENT.

Ya, what happend after you got out of the truck? They guy didn't freak out on you?

HM jumped out his truck and smacked the reat estate agent with his big set of silver balls! And then he :eek:uttahere::eek::lmao

Attachments

• Image12012011214749.jpg
    Image12012011214749.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 306

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
LOL....I did not fall 3' to the ground. I already said it wasn't lifted...so it was only about 1.5' fall. :D

I do make an appearance in the video at 20 seconds checking the bumper contact. I'm off to the left. But had I thought about putting the video on RDP, I would have hammed it up a bit and play out my midget persona.

The real estate agent and his client were about 300 yards away when they saw this happen. I got out to check if I did any additional damage to their car...it was already damaged. Then got back in and left. As I drove away, I could see them still pretty far away. The lot they were looking at is 5 acres, plus 100 yards+ of driveway.

Angie....we get the same thing when people come down the road and realize it is a dead end. They either bust a hard turn, and haul ass back down the road making a huge dust storm. They used to try and open our gate, but now I have signs on the gate. We open and close our gate manually. As much as a pain as it is, it really makes her nervous when I grab the shotgun to go greet unplanned visitors. :D

Dave Wettlaufer

Reaction score
My wife doesn't like the fact that I answer the front door armed...I'm thinking she'd like it a lot less if I wasn't armed and the person on the other side of the door was.

Kleptow

Reaction score
LOL....I did not fall 3' to the ground. I already said it wasn't lifted...so it was only about 1.5' fall. :D

I do make an appearance in the video at 20 seconds checking the bumper contact. I'm off to the left. But had I thought about putting the video on RDP, I would have hammed it up a bit and play out my midget persona.

The real estate agent and his client were about 300 yards away when they saw this happen. I got out to check if I did any additional damage to their car...it was already damaged. Then got back in and left. As I drove away, I could see them still pretty far away. The lot they were looking at is 5 acres, plus 100 yards+ of driveway.

Angie....we get the same thing when people come down the road and realize it is a dead end. They either bust a hard turn, and haul ass back down the road making a huge dust storm. They used to try and open our gate, but now I have signs on the gate. We open and close our gate manually. As much as a pain as it is, it really makes her nervous when I grab the shotgun to go greet unplanned visitors. :D

Not to jack your thread but this gate opener has worked for me for the last 3 years without any problem and you don't need to run a power line because it has small MC size batteries that power the unit and are recharged by a small 5 watt solar panel (Not included). (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053)

Last edited:

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

Your not taking into account the booster seat you sit on to drive or your 1' elevator shoes. :D

Nice play Frank. My Dad (RIP) and step mom sell realestate. She does stuff like this. There was a good chance you could have been pushing her car out of the way. LOL.

Think that agent made the sale? :D

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Your not taking into account the booster seat you sit on to drive or your 1' elevator shoes. :D

Nice play Frank. My Dad (RIP) and step mom sell realestate. She does stuff like this. There was a good chance you could have been pushing her car out of the way. LOL.

Think that agent made the sale? :D
with all due respect.....

In the words of Mator from the movie Cars....."realtors is so dumb!" :p

JMC

Reaction score
That is very essence of what this world needs. Nothing aggravates me more than someone that never thinks of others and the world basically revolves around them.

Kudo's to you Sir.