WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How Much Money Is "FU" Money?

530RL

Reaction score
In the Miami Boat Show thread someone said they could not wait to have FU money which made me wonder?

How much money does it take to have FU money?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
FU money is having your helicopter wrapped to match your boat

zhandfull

Reaction score
In the Miami Boat Show thread someone said they could not wait to have FU money which made me wonder?

How much money does it take to have FU money?

Anything over 500 million I think would work for me. I could live off that investment income, pay my taxes, live a modest life style in Newport Beach with my boat docked in the backyard.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
FU money will be different to each person you ask...I've had this conversation and to me it's not owing anyone anything. Have a primary residence and a vacation house. Have a boat and a couple of toys to run around the desert. Nothing obnoxious just a place to enjoy my family. Have my kids school paid for with a bit left over for them to put a good down payment on their house. I want to be able to make great memories that I can remember on my death bed and have a smile. Anything more than that I would like to give to people that have never had anything or that need it more than me. Be comfortable in life and when you are...Help those that aren't.

Sbarry

Reaction score
More or less this...

IMG_1668.jpg

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Depends on who you need to tell FU.
I wouldn't need much in fu standards. Probably around 5m would cover it.
Ive had customers with SERIOUS F U money. From a couple hundred mil. to picnics at thier chateau in france, chartering a 707 for a couple weeks for vacation to having there own air force that could take over a third world country to seriously telling the gov Fu.
Trying to sit and figure out what it would be like to drop 500k on a vacation is mind boggling.

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
Depends on who you need to tell FU.
I wouldn't need much in fu standards. Probably around 5m would cover it.
Ive had customers with SERIOUS F U money. From a couple hundred mil. to picnics at thier chateau in france, chartering a 707 for a couple weeks for vacation to having there own air force that could take over a third world country to seriously telling the gov Fu.
Trying to sit and figure out what it would be like to drop 500k on a vacation is mind boggling.

500k on a vacation?! Damn! Im trippin on a couple grand to take my family to germany! Rofl.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Buying what you want when you want and living where you want and still have plenty of bank left over and not owe anyone anything.

2Driver

Reaction score
The real goal is arriving at where you want to be.

You can be flying the globe in your G5 and still be pissing vinegar and not as content as the retired guy fishing from his old pontoon boat

Tank

Reaction score
What? I have FU money and I'm broke.

Oh, wait, I just tell a lot of people FU, or is it FY...A lot of FO that's for sure. lol

milkmoney

Reaction score
I think of fu money as in , different categories

I think there are peeps on here that I would classified as having fu money based on the rdp member selection as a whole.

Then there are the next class up of fu money as in the big boats that run DS, like tilt trailer etc type of boats.

Another class would be business owners that don't work , jus live off the income and vacation. I think you get my point.

I say F.U. Wish I had some money [emoji202][emoji41]

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
500k on a vacation?! Damn! Im trippin on a couple grand to take my family to germany! Rofl.

I know right? Guy charters a 707 for 2 plus weeks for $200,000 PLUS fuel surcharge. Goes into archeological sites that are unknown except to a few, with dignitaries. Im talkin "Jesus slept here" type places. Lol.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Just think about billionaires.
If you had a million bucks, and spent a thousand dollars a day, which would be fairly easy, you'd be broke in under three years.
If you had a billion. Spent the same amount. You could have started when Jesus was born and your grand kids, great grand kids, great grand kids would still be spending it. Lol

Tank

Reaction score
Just think about billionaires.
If you had a million bucks, and spent a thousand dollars a day, which would be fairly easy, you'd be broke in under three years.
If you had a billion. Spent the same amount. You could have started when Jesus was born and your grand kids, great grand kids, great grand kids would still be spending it. Lol

WOW, that puts things in persepective

buck35

Reaction score

shueman

Reaction score
Warren Buffet still eats at McDonalds ...

Then there's this wanna be ...[
Frame_0_0_0_333.gif

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Honestly, the wife and I bringing our CA salaries to Dallas feels like we have FU money.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Warren Buffet still eats at McDonalds ...

Frame_0_0_0_333.gif
Wanna be...At the low end worth 3.5 billion at the high end 10 billion...In my opinion if you get to 100 million you have FU money...Unless of course that was sarcasm...In that case carry on.

B-RAD77

Reaction score
I think I witnessed FU money once at Bullfrog, Lake Powell Utah. I had sold my old Eliminator Day cruiser and if I remember correctly, one of the first trips with my new to me DCB 25 Eagle. There was one of those giant cats sideways on the trailer, as I walked by after launching my boat and parking the truck. I heard the ranger say "No bow numbers you are not launching" to which the dude with the big cat replys "this boat is going on the water". Not sure how much it cost him but later that day. That big cat was in Annie's canyon right by my little 25 footer. It still had no registration numbers. :)

Dalton

Reaction score
It will almost never be enough, I know that lol, the more money you have the more baller things you find out about, and justify them [emoji23][emoji15]. I agree with milk money that people on here could be considered by others to have FU money, even having the money to boat all weekend without thinking about money could be some people's definition of "FU money". Some people have to plan to go out for a nice dinner once a month [emoji15], and I personally know some of them, be thankful!

pronstar

Reaction score
When it cost more to fill your boat then most people make in a year.:D

...and you fill it with a fuel tanker truck full of jet fuel that follows you wherever you boat.
And said tanker truck has it's own driver who's on your payroll :)

2Driver

Reaction score
Frame_0_0_0_333.gif

By Wannabe do you mean immigrant hating racist hell bent on ripping healthcare from sick poor people and kicking global warming into high gear while feathering his pocket?
:D

RodnJen

Reaction score
It's all very subjective. We like nice things but actually live modestly. If I came across $2 million my wife would probably stop working. If I came across $10 million I might consider it. As long as I had primary and rental property paid off, and a few million in the bank then I might switch gears and do something else.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
After you buy everything else, then you by a giraffe. That's FU money.

prosthogod

Reaction score
Since i was the one who made the statement FU money, I'll define it for me. It probably is more or less than some others , but this is it for me. Since I was raised in a blue collar household in the OC with a father who was an electrical contractor, and I became a white collar worker(now retired), my definition is having enough money to live in as many places as I want, buy anything I want , and travel anywhere I want. But here is the kicker. I haven't traveled the world so I don't know what it is like to live in Monaco, or the Swiss alps. I love the idea of having 3-4 places in the USA to live in, have an ocean kick ass fishing boat, have a 42 MTI, many cars, give my wife what ever she wants, and a fast long distance plane to get us everywhere. So for me I would say it would have to be 40-50 million.

If you may have noticed, I didn't mention money for my kids(I have 3 boys). I have told them they better make it on their own because "My last check I write will BOUNCE"

DROP THE MIC

rvrrun

Reaction score
I don't have it, but have friends that do.

When you get divorced and spend seven figures on legal fees and the wife walks away with the house and one of the vacation homes, you have FU money.

When are blessed with three of your daughters marrying in the span of twelve months and the cheapest wedding is $350,000, you have FU money.

When you "make a mistake" on your taxes and the back tax and interest is approaching seven figures, you have FU money.

prosthogod

Reaction score
I don't have it, but have friends that do.

When you get divorced and spend seven figures on legal fees and the wife walks away with the house and one of the vacation homes, you have FU money.

When are blessed with three of your daughters marrying in the span of twelve months and the cheapest wedding is $350,000, you have FU money.

When you "make a mistake" on your taxes and the back tax and interest is approaching seven figures, you have FU money.

That's not the way I would've played it.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
When some asshole want to do business with you, and you already have enough money piled up to allow yourself to tell said asshole to fuck off....
I guess that is FU money at its core!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
When some asshole want to do business with you, and you already have enough money piled up to allow yourself to tell said asshole to fuck off....
I guess that is FU money at its core!

The ability to turn down business at will would be one core definition on my list.

Uncle Dave

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I see at having enough, that if someone wants to buy something and you don't like them. You hand over a check to the person selling it it for double the price and tell them to have it shipped to pick a part.

pronstar

Reaction score
The ability to turn down business at will would be one core definition on my list.

Uncle Dave

Why work at all?
To me, FU money means I don't need to work and I cant be bothered running a business.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Why work at all?
To me, FU money means I don't need to work and I cant be bothered running a business.

...by this definition I have had FU money for decades...hmmm???... if this is the case then why am I always broke ???...:eek

ace one

Reaction score
FU Money is when you are happy where your at in life, your kids have all grown up and have a life of their own, you can afford to pay your bills every month, maybe a little bit in the bank and you can buy something without feeling guilty about it afterwards, but most of all FU Money is only good if you have your health, without your health nothing else matters.