Gelcoater

Reaction score
Fuck.

Why you got to post shit like that? :mad:
It’s right around the corner from me.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I had an 1986 350x I enjoyed riding. My friend bought a 1986 250r ATC new, which he still owns and is completely stock including the original tires that hold air.

sirbob

Reaction score
Those were fun here is a pic of mine from “back in the day”

4CF12566-E005-450A-877F-60C9C3A5F396.jpeg

sirbob

Reaction score
What year is this? I feel like you are missing florescent/neon colored gear.

Haha - that was taken in the 80’s!

I had a shop and we converted 3 wheelers to quads in the 80’s before the manufactures built quads. This was our 200X kit that welded on the og frame.

This was at a race at Carlsbad raceway - we used to run the Grand Prix’s back then - 1 hr Moto / combo MX and TT style race. This was coming off the dirt onto the drag strip.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Haha - that was taken in the 80’s!

I had a shop and we converted 3 wheelers to quads in the 80’s before the manufactures built quads. This was our 200X kit that welded on the og frame.

This was at a race at Carlsbad raceway - we used to run the Grand Prix’s back then - 1 hr Moto / combo MX and TT style race. This was coming off the dirt onto the drag strip.
I never rode on the super combo track, looked like fun though.

sirbob

Reaction score
I never rode on the super combo track, looked like fun though.

Those were a blast ! We would do those races at Carlsbad / Corona / Riverside and Perris.

I remember seeing Richard Petty one weekend at Riverside and then a couple weeks later I was hauling ass on the same track on my quad! At that race they used a few turns on the track then off to the infield.

Those Grand Prixs were fun!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
The 200x was a dog.
That's a campsite cruiser only, for sure. You can ride some nice wheelies on it though. Enough power to entertain you, not enough to really hurt you lol

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
That's a campsite cruiser only, for sure. You can ride some nice wheelies on it though. Enough power to entertain you, not enough to really hurt you lol

My buddy would do a number on himself and/or his 200x EVERY time we went out. He never made an entire weekend! LOL A lot of fun had back then. We held onto one until the early 2000's. It just ran, a couple kicks and go have fun!.
IMG_3866.jpg
IMG_3867.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Those were a blast ! We would do those races at Carlsbad / Corona / Riverside and Perris.

I remember seeing Richard Petty one weekend at Riverside and then a couple weeks later I was hauling ass on the same track on my quad! At that race they used a few turns on the track then off to the infield.

Those Grand Prixs were fun!
We weekend AMA raced at Carlsbad mx and drag raced our cars at night.
Did one event of solo-1 timed runs in my car...pretty sure that was a one time event in 1983.

sprintcvx

Reaction score
We had one, like in the op, as well. Fun little bike that was easy to ride and made for a good extra bike around camp.

W.O.T

Reaction score
I still look for and want to pick up a clean 185s to putt around on. Had one as a kid and would love to have another. The ultimate would be a clear 86 250R

sirbob

Reaction score
We weekend AMA raced at Carlsbad mx and drag raced our cars at night.
Did one event of solo-1 timed runs in my car...pretty sure that was a one time event in 1983.

I never ran the drag strip there except on these types of races but I used to go to OCIR on Wednesday night for the run what you brung drags - I used to run my RD 400 motorcycle and my VW Karmann Ghia. That was early 80s for us. Before the ATV stuff.

Those were always fun!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I never ran the drag strip there except on these types of races but I used to go to OCIR on Wednesday night for the run what you brung drags - I used to run my RD 400 motorcycle and my VW Karmann Ghia. That was early 80s for us. Before the ATV stuff.

Those were always fun!
The raceway was a handful of miles from my home, could ride my dirt bike there.
Friday and Saturday nights were open to public for drag racing. If we weren't cruising the Blvd we'd often end up there. Our group of friends were eclectic, some had muscle cars, some road racers(me) and another in JeepCJ5(he regularly blew out his spider gears:p).
The solo1 event was fun because you'd race from bottom of drag staging lanes through various chicanes down strip and then partly back on return road.
The plaque from that is still on my old wink mirror. The car logo on it actually represents the shape of the track.
Mostly latter 70s to mid 80s.
20190611_093041.jpg

Sure makes me realize my age looking back.:confused::( My son was 3 months when I did the scca event.

sirbob

Reaction score
The raceway was a handful of miles from my home, could ride my dirt bike there.
Friday and Saturday nights were open to public for drag racing. If we weren't cruising the Blvd we'd often end up there. Our group of friends were eclectic, some had muscle cars, some road racers(me) and another in JeepCJ5(he regularly blew out his spider gears:p).
The solo1 event was fun because you'd race from bottom of drag staging lanes through various chicanes down strip and then partly back on return road.
The plaque from that is still on my old wink mirror. The car logo on it actually represents the shape of the track.
Mostly latter 70s to mid 80s.
View attachment 763208

Sure makes me realize my age looking back.:confused::( My son was 3 months when I did the scca event.

Great stuff Ziggy! Don't make me get out my old trophy's !!!