WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Homeowners Insurance Needed

toto

Reaction score
We received a notification in the mail today that Farmers will no longer insure our home due to high fire danger. Who is the resident insurance member for house's in Socal. Last year it was our cabin and now our house. California sucks

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Good luck , just sold a house in Ca and the buyers had to use Lloyd’s of London...and it wasn’t cheap !

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
If you or a family member is a veteran go to USAA, otherwise, I have heard that Wawanesa is a solid bet.

toto

Reaction score
Good luck , just sold a house in Ca and the buyers had to use Lloyd’s of London...and it wasn’t cheap !
We had Lloyd's of London for a couple years on our cabin after our broker for 30 years dropped us and you are correct not the cheapest.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I believe Cali passed restrictions on insurance companies not letting them just drop you. Fight it. Also I agree with if you have a veteran in the family give usaa a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turnup

Reaction score
Just now replacing my Farmers policy for Pacific Specialty thru Hayes Insurance with earthquake for just above 3k premium.

buck35

Reaction score
That really sucks ,but I hear the weather is nice. :confused:
You are fighting an uphill battle it would seem. Hope it works out for you.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
We received a notification in the mail today that Farmers will no longer insure our home due to high fire danger. Who is the resident insurance member for house's in Socal. Last year it was our cabin and now our house. California sucks
I think you’re SOL. We went through this less than a year ago on our new build. We ended up going with the Fair Plan. Best we could do. Again, not cheap.

Pebo

Cocktail Krew
Reaction score
Our little cabin in Big bear insurance was dropped this year by Allstate. Never had a claim in 30+ years. Ended up having to get 2 policies, one for fire (caif fair plan) and one for liability (farmers) Wasn't too bad in price. Good luck.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
If there's a good insurance dude on the boards, I would like their name and number. I have 5 cars, a boat and a house I would like to insure or at least get a quote. I'm ready to switch. Currently with Mercury for cars and house, Foremost for the boat.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
After 40 years with State Farm, they would not insure my new house because of location. The idea behind insurance was that the cost was shared by a group to lessen the cost to one. The whole insurance industry has been turn into a profit generator with loses being a burden, instead of the function. The NET worth of State Farm for 2019 was over 100 billion. 2020 will be even better for them and less for the customer.

toto

Reaction score
Just now replacing my Farmers policy for Pacific Specialty thru Hayes Insurance with earthquake for just above 3k premium.
Where is your Property located and is it "High Fire" which our isn't

toto

Reaction score
I think you’re SOL. We went through this less than a year ago on our new build. We ended up going with the Fair Plan. Best we could do. Again, not cheap.
Thank you Sir - That is the route we had to take with our Cabin in the mountains. I understand that the Cabin is in the middle of a forest but my house is not even close to High Fire. We may have to do the Fair Plan. Some Bullshit. 25 years of owning Houses and never having a single claim - Gotta Love Insurance

toto

Reaction score
Our little cabin in Big bear insurance was dropped this year by Allstate. Never had a claim in 30+ years. Ended up having to get 2 policies, one for fire (caif fair plan) and one for liability (farmers) Wasn't too bad in price. Good luck.
That is what we had to do last year to our cabin in Green Valley lake and now we may have to go that route on our house.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I believe Cali passed restrictions on insurance companies not letting them just drop you. Fight it. Also I agree with if you have a veteran in the family give usaa a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I read this too, but apparently (per www.insurance.ca.gov) the one year moratorium of non-renewal is only for specific zip codes.

OP, check your zip code at the CA Dept of Insurance website.

USClb41

Reaction score
Happened to us last year with AAA, went to State Farm.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
What area are you in and how close to the 'danger'?

"Lucky's Wife"

thmterry

Reaction score
I had one of my Rental policies "non renewal, high fire danger" It is on 2.5 acres of dirt in Ridgecrest. You wouldn't think desert was a high fire risk. They are still insuring 2 more of my properties 1 mile away. I called them and told them they made a mistake and they said they don't make mistakes.

batterup

Reaction score
That is what we had to do last year to our cabin in Green Valley lake and now we may have to go that route on our house.

We have a cabin in Green Valley as well. I'm sure State Farm will be non-renewing us soon too. What street are you on?

toto

Reaction score
We have a cabin in Green Valley as well. I'm sure State Farm will be non-renewing us soon too. What street are you on?
We are on Oaknoll and Weeping Willow behind the Fire Department. What about you

Turnup

Reaction score
Where is your Property located and is it "High Fire" which our isn't

I am 'high fire' and back up to the open T.O space where fires ripped through last season. Doesn't matter much though, AAA and Farmers and more are dropping people that are nowhere near the zones. Call Jerry @ Hayes look hayes insurance up on maps.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Avoid usaa like the plague. They arr horrible to deal, they threat thier members ok, but everyone else they bend over and stick it in dry. Had to sue them for bad faith twice. I did 1 home owners claim with them( tree branch fell on a house) and it took 6 months to get paid and had them baulk at everything. I had to have the red tag inspectors right them several letters to get stuff approved

Also, if you are a miltary widow and the fallen did not start a profile with them( even if you are kia) you can not be inusred by them.

As a vet i say fuck usaa

BajaMike

Reaction score
Avoid usaa like the plague. They arr horrible to deal, they threat thier members ok, but everyone else they bend over and stick it in dry. Had to sue them for bad faith twice. I did 1 home owners claim with them( tree branch fell on a house) and it took 6 months to get paid and had them baulk at everything. I had to have the red tag inspectors right them several letters to get stuff approved

USAA has been great for me for 30 years. And if your a member, your children can be a member for life. The very best company if you qualify.

Also, if you are a miltary widow and the fallen did not start a profile with them( even if you are kia) you can not be inusred by them.

As a vet i say fuck usaa

Yellowboat

Reaction score
My exp has been the exact opposite and i was a memeber for awhile.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
x2 ~ friends had USAA claim denied for water leak in the kitchen. Pin hole leak that didn’t show itself for a while. USAA said they should have figured it out sooner.

OP ~ Larry built his first home in Lake Mathews when he was 21 and has built there recently. I’ll ask his customers who they have as well as others we know off of Washington, but 92570.

I called Ameriprise before I knew your area and they said they’re still writing and had a separate division for high fire area.

Our new buyer said he’s having a problem and it’s close to Cowtown (dance hall & our church, not Norco). It’s nowhere near high fire threat, so I’ll let you know who writes him.

Nearby hydrants and fire stations help.

“Lucky’s Wife”

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Nothing worse than USAA. In thirty years of handling insurance claims in my auto body shop, USAA is the only company we flat quit working for about seven years ago. I felt bad for their insured's, telling them to have their car towed to another shop, but it was worth it in the long run.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Any luck getting a policy written?

“LW”

Turnup

Reaction score
Anyone reach out and have a convo with Jerry @ Hayes ins? I ended up pulling everything from every co and putting in his hands, very happy. I'm giving him 3 ca fair plans this week as well.

toto

Reaction score
Anyone reach out and have a convo with Jerry @ Hayes ins? I ended up pulling everything from every co and putting in his hands, very happy. I'm giving him 3 ca fair plans this week as well.
No Sir but I will reach out. Thanks for the heads up

toto

Reaction score
Is it Hayes Company Insurance Brokers out of Simi Valley

kimbalee

Reaction score
Just got our renewal for homeowners from Nationwide (we live in South Corona non-fire non-flood area) - it has doubled in the last 2 years. I called the broker we had (random found on google) and asked him to shop around - got another quote $200 more. I then searched RDP and found this thread. I called Jerry, Jr, he had me 2 quotes the next day (both lower than Nationwide), paid by check over the phone and got a new policy. Excellent service so thank you Turnup!

Turnup

Reaction score
Right on! Glad I was able to do some good for RDP 😎

parker guy

Reaction score
Just got our renewal for homeowners from Nationwide (we live in South Corona non-fire non-flood area) - it has doubled in the last 2 years. I called the broker we had (random found on google) and asked him to shop around - got another quote $200 more. I then searched RDP and found this thread. I called Jerry, Jr, he had me 2 quotes the next day (both lower than Nationwide), paid by check over the phone and got a new policy. Excellent service so thank you Turnup!
Do you have his number?

Turnup

Reaction score
(805) 520-8410 Ask for Jr..tell him you're and RDP'r