WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Here we go again…….free state living

Romans9

Reaction score
Got the new property, getting ready to start land clearing and building pad prep.
First up, got new to me 953C track loader and Kubota Skid Loader moved, fueled up and ready to go for the morning.
Clearing for driveway, well drilling, and electric service first.
60 X 120 building to go in first.
Pond and shooting range second.
House third.

Closed on property last Wednesday.
Here is the list of permits I had to get for work on property and building:

Oh wait, there are none. I live in a free county in a mostly free state.

IMG_4354.jpeg

HCP3

Reaction score
Got the new property, getting ready to start land clearing and building pad prep.
First up, got new to me 953C track loader and Kubota Skid Loader moved, fueled up and ready to go for the morning.
House third.

View attachment 1426357

How are those track loader controls? Once you figure it out, you're going to find out how useful it is. It's a bulldozer and a loader; depending on the bucket.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
House third.

View attachment 1426357
Ffffffffffffffff ya
Plz let me know if I can come over for a day or 3 & help

Backlash

Reaction score
Where is this?? Obviously not in Commiefornia!

dribble

Reaction score
Some friends just bought a 2 acre lot in what they thought was the free state of Nevada (Pahrump). Then they were told that the electrical service to the lot had to be abandoned and they had to run new service from the road (20K with fees and permits). They lived in their trailer using a generator for power and a hose to the neighbors for water. They finally got that done after waiting six weeks for a permit and hooked everything up. Two months later they got a letter saying they weren’t allowed to live in an RV on the lot for more than 90 days and have to build a permanent residence.

I just saw their Harley and their RV for sale on Marketplace. Before this, they owned a decent house in Sacramento. What’s ridiculous is that they moved there because there’s no income tax in NV.

They really didn’t appreciate it when I pointed out that 80 percent of their income is Social Security and is not taxed in CA, which would have left them with zero state income tax liability.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Some friends just bought a 2 acre lot in what they thought was the free state of Nevada (Pahrump). Then they were told that the electrical service to the lot had to be abandoned and they had to run new service from the road (20K with fees and permits). They lived in their trailer using a generator for power and a hose to the neighbors for water. They finally got that done after waiting six weeks for a permit and hooked everything up. Two months later they got a letter saying they weren’t allowed to live in an RV on the lot for more than 90 days and have to build a permanent residence.

I just saw their Harley and their RV for sale on Marketplace. Before this, they owned a decent house in Sacramento. What’s ridiculous is that they moved there because there’s no income tax in NV.

They really didn’t appreciate it when I pointed out that 80 percent of their income is Social Security and is not taxed in CA, which would have left them with zero state income tax liability.
Your wrong social security income is taxed in California by the state.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Your wrong social security income is taxed in California by the state.
AARP got it wrong too?

Does California tax Social Security benefits?

No, Social Security income is not taxed by the state of California. But you may pay federal taxes on a portion of your Social Security benefits
And the state is wrong as well?

https://www.taxes.ca.gov/Income_Tax/specialind.html Social Security​

California does not tax social security income from the United States, including survivor's benefits and disability benefits.

Romans9

Reaction score
No permits. 👍🏼

You going 2x6 on your walls again?
At the least maybe 2x8 in the house

The first building (60x120 shop) will be 2x6 18 foot LSL lumber in the walls.
Trusses with ceiling and insulation.
Concrete is lined up for middle of October for the shop.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
It was the same in TN. When I built my shop I was asking about a permit. People looked at me like I was crazy. They said just build it. Only permit I needed was for the electrical. I think it was $100, but may have been $200.
I got same reaction. They said unless I hook up to power or sewer then no permit.

O. Ok

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
At the least maybe 2x8 in the house

The first building (60x120 shop) will be 2x6 18 foot LSL lumber in the walls.
Trusses with ceiling and insulation.
Concrete is lined up for middle of October for the shop.

Lumber must be cheaper out there too.

👍🏼

Romans9

Reaction score
I'm not sure...

But that looks Way cheaper to me.
Insurance that covers construction of $600K house, $175K building and $390K contents is $2100. The insurance contents extends to my current rental and storage units.

Romans9

Reaction score
How are those track loader controls? Once you figure it out, you're going to find out how useful it is. It's a bulldozer and a loader; depending on the bucket.

I work on heavy equipment for a living.
Caterpillar hydrostatic track loaders were my bread and butter for many years.

I would rather have the old style non pilot operated controls for the feel.