WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu water quality

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
Gotta love the liquid metal that is the Colorado River system. It is easier to treat at the water treatment plant I operate at, but man does it clog shit up at our chemical injection points.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Not sure about the water quality but the light pollution is sure fuckin up the night sky! :oops:

IMG_9748.JPG

EarpRider

Reaction score
Mark from Pro Water AZ here in Havasu did my soft water and RO, great work if anyone is looking for someone to install.
20200409_223653.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
Here is the TDS (Total Dissolved Solid) for each of those cups. My water at home in OC had about 180-200 PPM. 500 PPM is the EPA recommended maximum.

Havasu tap water. Yes that first number is a 7. 776 PPM. View attachment 864624

And the water out of the RO system. It is usually around 15, it time to change the filters, but still really good at 26 PPM. Under 20 is considered bottles water quality.
View attachment 864626

Bottled water is usually under 5 PPM.

Just to clarify, you're reading less than 8 PPM with Havasu tap water ? What I've read elsewhere is more like 325 PPM (not that I've ever tested) --- but I do know, if I put hose water on anything and it dries, I'll be using some vinegar and elbow grease to get it off --- on glass more like a razor blade

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you're reading less than 8 PPM with Havasu tap water ? What I've read elsewhere is more like 325 PPM (not that I've ever tested) --- but I do know, if I put hose water on anything and it dries, I'll be using some vinegar and elbow grease to get it off --- on glass more like a razor blade

No, Havasu tap is 776 PPM!!! That is why you have to sand the water spots off when it dries :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Yeah, it’s set up for it. I’ll have to figure out the trade off between warm and clean water.

They may have some tips for you to solve that. But I just put mine under the sink in the house.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Also if you start getting low output out of your RO system, recharge the tank. The tank should have 7-10 PSI of air empty, or about 2/3 of your intake (house) water pressure when full. There is a schrader valve on the side of the tank, just air it up.

Taboma

Reaction score
Also if you start getting low output out of your RO system, recharge the tank. The tank should have 7-10 PSI of air empty, or about 2/3 of your intake (house) water pressure when full. There is a schrader valve on the side of the tank, just air it up.

When you say empty --- meaning shut off the supply and run the RO faucet until it stops ? OR somehow try to flip the tank and drain it ?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
When you say empty --- meaning shut off the supply and run the RO faucet until it stops ? OR somehow try to flip the tank and drain it ?

Empty tank. It won’t self drain, it if it does it will take forever.

Turn off RO supply water.

Turn on RO faucet, let it go until dribbling. Leave it open. You can then unhook the tank from the system, Turn off the valve at the top of the tank. You can undo the push lock connection, then with the tank in an open area, open the top valve on the tank, add air to the tank, it will shoot all the water out of the valve on the tank emptying it, and you’ll be good.

I just routed the disconnected line to the tank into a bucket, and did not move the tank.

If you measure your water pressure, you can just add air to the full tank to about 2/3 your house water pressure.

This is way easier but you need to have a water pressure gauge.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Empty tank. It won’t self drain, it if it does it will take forever.

Turn off RO supply water.

Turn on RO faucet, let it go until dribbling. Leave it open. You can then unhook the tank from the system, Turn off the valve at the top of the tank. You can undo the push lock connection, then with the tank in an open area, open the top valve on the tank, add air to the tank, it will shoot all the water out of the valve on the tank emptying it, and you’ll be good.

I just routed the disconnected line to the tank into a bucket, and did not move the tank.

If you measure your water pressure, you can just add air to the full tank to about 2/3 your house water pressure.

This is way easier but you need to have a water pressure gauge.
My RO flowed fine to the kitchen sink faucet where it's plumbed with the 3/8 tubing but lacked any sustainable pressure at the fridge in-door water spout. All the tubing on fridge is the small 1/4 stuff. So I installed an on-demand pump in the 3/8 line out near the RO system as well as a bypass for the filter inside the fridge.

2Driver

Reaction score
In Parker we regularly get letters from Brook water saying they failed testing and that the water doesn’t meet safe guidelines. lol. That being said it’s extremely hard also and will fuck your appliances up.

I use an RO system but we really just drink bottled water here. [emoji849]

Everyone used to be on septic tanks here. Lots of them leaked into the river. Bars and restaurants included. The ground water here is fucked from years of abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah we got those letters too.

They caution people with immune system issues about drinking the water. They surface draw the water.

From what Ive been told the worst time is at low water, that draws harder on septic leach. Most of the area up by the dam is base layer of solid rock from the mountain to the river. All liquid, water, run off leach etc, saturates to that layer and runs to the river

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Yeah we got those letters too.

They caution people with immune system issues about drinking the water. They surface draw the water.

From what Ive been told the worst time is at low water, that draws harder of septic leach. Most of the area up by the dam is base layer of solid rock from the mountain to the river. All liquid, water, run off leach etc, saturates to that layer and runs to the river

You would think with river in our back yard, literally, that we would have the best water.

NicPaus

Reaction score
You would think with river in our back yard, literally, that we would have the best water.

My hose bib is closest to the pump in our park. They regularly test the water and claim it's safe to drink. You can let it run for hours and put a fresh clean white bucket under it and it is yellow brown in color. I put a fresh whole house filter in last trip after I repiped. After 2 showers the filter is brown. I would never drink it but a lot of people do. Never heard or anyone getting sick.

2Driver

Reaction score

When you think about how much water is human drawn and returned starting from the source (from small towns to major cities and agricultural) I wonder what percentage is actually used and returned in some form vs “virgin” water.

Last edited:

joecfd1

Reaction score
I had a huge filter put on my pool for the intake water and had to change it once a year it was completely filled Rust in color.

anyone that owns a pool in the desert needs to put a large filter for their automatic pool fill. you’d be shocked what catches and prevents it from going into your pool and running your plaster.
What filter did you use? I was kinda thinking about this the other day.