WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hastings Off-Road

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Looks like Robby Gordon is taking over the old Hastings building to open a dealership for his Speed UTV line of SxSs. Announced last night on his Speed UTV Channel.

hastings.jpeg

131440745_4367594239934198_619331870473668335_o.jpg

Last edited:

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
but the real question is when is he going to deliver one?

riverroyal

Reaction score
This was already news here. I hope it does well. Im a buyer after it’s proven for a few years.

sirbob

Reaction score
I thought I heard that a coupe of months ago??

DLC

Reaction score
The old Hastings building has the big TRUMP signage you can see from the 95....

I hope it’s a huge succes!

X Hoser

Reaction score
The one in Havasu?
If I remember correctly Robby Gordon was married to the daughter of the owner of Mohave County Pools is Havasu? That might be the connection to Havasu?

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
If I remember correctly Robby Gordon was married to the daughter of the owner of Mohave County Pools is Havasu? That might be the connection to Havasu?

Rob's not married. But Max's mother, Sarah, has parents that live in Havasu. Maybe that's them.

Plus he's had a place in Parker for decades.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Rob's not married. But Max's mother, Sarah, has parents that live in Havasu. Maybe that's them.

Plus he's had a place in Parker for decades.
Maybe that's it? Back in 2005 had a pool put in by them and I remember something about a connection there.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Good to hear. Good use of the Hastings building. Seems better than the THC extraction outfit in the old K-Mart. I seriously wonder which will do better and have the most employees.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
but the real question is when is he going to deliver one?

The majority of the people in the first 1k orders seem to be saying take the time to make it right.

They are showing progress weekly, so I don’t see too many people (that actually forked over money) that are upset.

If everything happens as they say, the car will be over-delivering from a feature perspective.

Parts in So Cal, AZ and Nevada should not be an issue with the local presence here in LHC and dealer network they have established.

Unless they are lying to us, the test cars seem reliable thus far. But fit and finish, and reliability seem to be the only 2 question marks left in my mind.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Interesting tid bit. Was on there web site at the botton it says if you ordered
The majority of the people in the first 1k orders seem to be saying take the time to make it right.

They are showing progress weekly, so I don’t see too many people (that actually forked over money) that are upset.

If everything happens as they say, the car will be over-delivering from a feature perspective.

Parts in So Cal, AZ and Nevada should not be an issue with the local presence here in LHC and dealer network they have established.

Unless they are lying to us, the test cars seem reliable thus far. But fit and finish, and reliability seem to be the only 2 question marks left in my mind.

all good points. But I think fit and finish might be two big hurdles as well as production being the major hurdle. I could be 100% wrong but seems like a situation where there are prepping to get to a point where they sell the company and idea to a major manufacturer . Such and BRP or Polaris. Once again could be 100% wrong and hopefully I am. But they Just seem very far from a production car. Like I said hopefully I’m wrong but just my two cents from someone that doest know anything. Lol. But that could be my biggest problem. Lol.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Production. We cant get reliable craftsmen at $50 a hour. Going to be tough to ramp up right now. Where's the factory?

yz450mm

Reaction score
He's posting test videos on Instagram, the last one that I saw showed a very legit and capable car. It handled the whoops like a boss then flew flat and level off a large hit, landed without a hiccup and blazed on. I'm impressed.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
And yet another California business squeaks out, I’d bet his Anaheim shop is turned into a “warehouse only” or something along those lines as well.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Production. We cant get reliable craftsmen at $50 a hour. Going to be tough to ramp up right now. Where's the factory?

Texas, huge facility that makes many off highway vehicles. It is an assembly line not hand built stuff.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Interesting tid bit. Was on there web site at the botton it says if you ordered

all good points. But I think fit and finish might be two big hurdles as well as production being the major hurdle. I could be 100% wrong but seems like a situation where there are prepping to get to a point where they sell the company and idea to a major manufacturer . Such and BRP or Polaris. Once again could be 100% wrong and hopefully I am. But they Just seem very far from a production car. Like I said hopefully I’m wrong but just my two cents from someone that doest know anything. Lol. But that could be my biggest problem. Lol.

Hes not gonna sell if it takes off. That’s why it was done 100% in house. He’s doing this because Polaris and Textron didn’t listen to him. He’s doing it because as you’ve seen, you can dump $1000s into a car making it safe and reliable. It’s huge gap in the market he’s trying to fill.

What if instead of going to Berts and buying a $50k “Custom” car, you just bought a car that was custom from the factory? Now what if that car was faster, worked better and was safer?

It does not cost the manufacturer much more to do all of that, and the consumer will pay a premium price for it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
He's posting test videos on Instagram, the last one that I saw showed a very legit and capable car. It handled the whoops like a boss then flew flat and level off a large hit, landed without a hiccup and blazed on. I'm impressed.

Yea the car looks like it runs really well. And the reactions from the strangers they come upon on the trail and give rides to says it all.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
No matter what, RG's car will raise the whole industry. The irony is, after all this, the other manufacturer's will be forced to pay attention to him.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
There are two of his new cars running around up river in Parker today. Just saw the Speed cars at the gas station.

2Driver

Reaction score
Personally I hope he schools the crap out of Polaris and Canned Ham. Having the big Speed dealership in Havasu makes it that much more of a non-issue to be a buying pioneer.

LOL and it’s not like Polaris stuff is the Maytag of SXS's. I’m always perplexed where the endless Dubai level of money comes from for all his endeavors. He seems like a good dude and I hope he nails it.

yz450mm

Reaction score

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I agree with the above sentiment, it looks like they are doing everything to make the car right, not rush it out for the sake of profit. The thing looks like it runs phenomenally and is well built.

If i had a deposit i'd rather wait till they had thing totally dialed, than to get an early delivery of something that isn't right.

beerrun

Reaction score
Its robby he is a perfectionist and is involved in every part of the new car it has to be right before he releases it or the whole thing will be a failure