WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Has anyone Tailgated the Rose Bowl game with a motor home?

Hammer

Reaction score
I’m thinking of taking my motor home to tailgate and maybe attend this years Rose Bowl game. All I saw online was that it’s $50.00 to park and it opens at 4Am. How early do I need to get there to get a decent spot to tailgate?

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
What is your definition of "Good?"

You will still get an OK spot before 9am but if you want a front row spot hire your driver like the big boys do and have him in line by 7pm the night prior. - Not joking.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Other than the novelty of doing it.
I never RVd it for the game but did bring the sleeper sofa and slept overnight for the parade a few decades ago.
It’s so much nicer having some champagne or morning cocktail in the comfort of your own home on a big Tv with all the views. Just sayin.
That said. If you’ve never done it once I say do it.

Hammer

Reaction score
Other than the novelty of doing it.
I never RVd it for the game but did bring the sleeper sofa and slept overnight for the parade a few decades ago.
It’s so much nicer having some champagne or morning cocktail in the comfort of your own home on a big Tv with all the views. Just sayin.
That said. If you’ve never done it once I say do it.
I’ve Never done it. Sounds kind of fun. I love the atmosphere of big college football games.
What is your definition of "Good?"

You will still get an OK spot before 9am but if you want a front row spot hire your driver like the big boys do and have him in line by 7pm the night prior. - Not joking.

I’ll go the night before if that’s what it takes.

poncho

Reaction score
I’ve Never done it. Sounds kind of fun. I love the atmosphere of big college football games.

I’ll go the night before if that’s what it takes.
Hell yea, probably a pretty good tailgate party since no one has to drive till morning.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I’m thinking of taking my motor home to tailgate and maybe attend this years Rose Bowl game. All I saw online was that it’s $50.00 to park and it opens at 4Am. How early do I need to get there to get a decent spot to tailgate?
Beware, the SEC fans roll deep. Real deep

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I don’t know what the advantage of having a moho is, but I’ve gone on a party bus to ASU games and it was a blast. Back in the day a friend of ours dad had a bus painted ASU colors and tailgated every game.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
If you don’t want to drag the Moho, there are other options

039.jpeg
040.jpeg
041.jpeg
042.jpeg
043.jpeg
044.jpeg
045.jpeg
046.jpeg
047.jpeg
048.jpeg

Attachments

• Stiver 010 (2).jpeg
    Stiver 010 (2).jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
  • Stiver 014 (2).jpeg
    Stiver 014 (2).jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 45
  • 049.jpeg
    049.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Do you think FSU could beat anyone in the top 5 with their 3rd string freshman QB?
To me that’s not the point. Any one of the QBs or running backs or all star wide receivers of the top 4-8 could sit out for fear of injury and jeopardizing their draft status.
FSU is undefeated as a team. And got fucked. JMHO
IMG_5845.jpeg

Last edited:

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
To me that’s not the point. Any one of the QBs or running backs or all star wide receivers of the top 4-8 could sit out for fear of injury and jeopardizing their draft status.
FSU is undefeated as a team. And got fucked. JMHO
The committee votes as to who the top 4 teams are at that period of time, not by who has the best season record.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
If that’s the case. Georgia would be in. Even with a loss they are than Washington.
I agree to a point, but since Georgia didn't play Washington in the regular season who knows who's the better team.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
The Rose Bowl has to have the least leg room of any stadium I've ever been in. Went there for a Supercross race. I think it may have been the only time it ever happened there. At 6'6" I'll never go back.

sirbob

Reaction score
The yellow highlighted area is where I ended up when I went to the rose bowl with a 40ft pusher. We were all backed in along West dr It was a pretty good spot.

I left in the morning and just got there pretty early.

IMG_3746.jpeg

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
Took my old hoopty to a few raider charger games, figured out you can charge people a buck or 2 just to take a piss as the lines for the porta potti were a mile long. might of been a few girls that got to go for free.

Hammer

Reaction score
The only reason the motorhome would be fun is my kid could have place to hang out during the game.
The yellow highlighted are is where I ended up when I went to the rose bowl with a 40ft pusher. We were all backed in along West dr It was a pretty good spot.

I left in the morning and just got there pretty early.

View attachment 1309840
good to know, thanks Bob. That is where I’d like to be. I think it would be a fun experience 👍

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Do you think FSU could beat anyone in the top 5 with their 3rd string freshman QB?
I actually think FSU skated by all season and finished undefeated. I also watched Bama not be that dominant team all season with just 1 loss to Texas.....and then squeak into the playoffs by beating Georgia in the end. BS in my opinion. Georgia has been at the top all season and gets bumped off by just a close loss and falls to 6? It's not like they got blown out. I'd argue that Ohio St. Should be at #4 instead. I think the AP rankings got it closer to what it should be. The committee Bama nut swingers still in full effect. 😂 And why should FSU get dinged since their starting QB gets injured?

Hammer

Reaction score
I actually think FSU skated by all season and finished undefeated. I also watched Bama not be that dominant team all season with just 1 loss to Texas.....and then squeak into the playoffs by beating Georgia in the end. BS in my opinion. Georgia has been at the top all season and gets bumped off by just a close loss and falls to 6? It's not like they got blown out. I'd argue that Ohio St. Should be at #4 instead. I think the AP rankings got it closer to what it should be. The committee Bama nut swingers still in full effect. 😂 And why should FSU get dinged since their starting QB gets injured?
Alabama should have lost to Auburn last week . 4 and forever miracle touchdown. FSU got robbed.

I’d like to see FSU/Bama. I think FSU’s defense would shut down Bamas offense.

78Southwind

Reaction score
I have been to every Rose Bowl game since 1996 that USC has played in and it has been a blast having a motorhome or a truck camper. It's still fun without an RV but it makes it a long day having to get up so early to get a parking space.

In 1996 (USC vs Northwestern) we took a truck camper and they parked us in Brookside Park. We partied all night and went to the game but my buddy didn't have a ticket. By the time we got up to the front of the stadium someone gave him a ticket and asked him to just buy him a hot dog and beer. After the game the people next to us invited us to party with them.

In 2006 (USC vs Texas National Championship Game) we took a motorhome and they parked us off of West Dr. Again everyone partied all night. Some people brought all their gear and didn't even go to the game. A contractor from Texas had a bad ass diesel pusher with slide out TVs. It was a bitchin rig and he was a stand-up guy. We partied with him after the game. Pretty much everyone was walking up and down West Dr. to see what was going on the night before. You definitely want to get the day before...

These guys were walking by our camp and my buddy went up to say Hi...lol

Rose_Bowl_Luke.jpg

Rose_Bowl_Brian.jpg

ltbaney1

Reaction score
The only reason the motorhome would be fun is my kid could have place to hang out during the game.

good to know, thanks Bob. That is where I’d like to be. I think it would be a fun experience 👍
that yellow area @sirbob highlighted is correct if you are in anything bigger than a sprinter van and there is another area further north on West Dr. i might work for one of the security companies there, i cant help you with getting a spot, but can tell you get on it if you want one. make sure you get the right pass for a moho. if its wrong you will need to pay on the spot for the correct one if any are left and its card only. and get there early, if you show up late even with a pass and the areas are full you will wind up out in the boondocks. the easiest way if you can pull it off is to come down Salvia canyon to West dr. and turn right onto West. There will be people telling you were to park. my shift starts at 5pm 12/31 setting the parade route and i wont clock out until around 9pm 1/1/24 after the lots are cleared and all my guys are done.