WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hahahahaha CA Imbeciles

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
With Its Power Grid On The Verge Of Failure, California Begs Residents To Change Their EV Charging Routines
teaser image
The state's power grid operators have been telling residents to "relieve pressure" from the grid by charging their EVs at off-peak hours...
TUE JUN 22, AT 2:05 PM

@RodnJen
@GRADS
@Bobby V

NPC Beard .gif

How long does it take to charge yore Beta vehicles anyways?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Thats when everyone does it anyway.

Nobody charges on peak - thats like purposefully driving to the most expensive gas station in town.

The ISO also suggested "avoiding use of large appliances and turning off extra lights," -
(like your air conditioner)

The texas power grid reached into peoples houses that had specific thermostats and shut them down.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
With Its Power Grid On The Verge Of Failure, California Begs Residents To Change Their EV Charging Routines
teaser image
The state's power grid operators have been telling residents to "relieve pressure" from the grid by charging their EVs at off-peak hours...
TUE JUN 22, AT 2:05 PM

@RodnJen
@GRADS
@Bobby V

View attachment 1017170

How long does it take to charge yore Beta vehicles anyways?
Can’t wait for 2035 when the 2 million cars sold in CA will ONLY be electric. Will be totally cool when the streets are empty and my gas cars will rule the road!!!

fuck democrats

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Thats when everyone does it anyway.

Nobody charges on peak - thats like purposefully driving to the most expensive gas station in town.

The ISO also suggested "avoiding use of large appliances and turning off extra lights," -
(like your air conditioner)

The texas power grid reached into peoples houses that had specific thermostats and shut them down.

Then why make the recommendation?

Because the majority of people have to charge their car during the day to get home or live their lives.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Then why make the recommendation?

Because the majority of people have to charge their car during the day to get home or live their lives.

Same reason they ask you to turn off other high draw devices.

Not a lot of charging at most offices - most BEV's are charged at night beginning off-peak.
Something like 80% of all commuters have less than a 45 mile one way and thats within a lot of bev's range.

majority day charging would require a ton more infrastructure.

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The “majority” of people pump gas and go on their way.

Starting each day with a full tank is a nice benny of the BEV.

I make fuel runs on Sunday....some guys make a run during the week.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Same reason they ask you to turn off other high draw devices.

Not a lot of charging at most offices - most BEV's are charged at night beginning off-peak.
Something like 80% of all commuters have less than a 45 mile one way and thats within a lot of bev's range.

majority day charging would require a ton more infrastructure.

That figure is based on mostly the elites buying luxury EVs. As the masses buy more EVs their average commutes will get longer.

I get the rationale, but as more and more people get electric cars, day charging is going to become a reality Not everyone can afford a $60k electric car with a 200+ mile range....

So we get back to buying a $30k gas car... And that extra $30k buys a lot of gas.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
That figure is based on mostly the elites buying luxury EVs. As the masses buy more EVs their average commutes will get longer.

I get the rationale, but as more and more people get electric cars, day charging is going to become a reality Not everyone can afford a $60k electric car with a 200+ mile range....

So we get back to buying a $30k gas car... And that extra $30k buys a lot of gas.

For sure they still aren't cheap vehicles but they are coming down pretty fast.

The formula was from GM prior and during the development of the volt.

GM paid a few indpendant firms to analyze US commuting patterns and they came to the 80% within 40 miles and determined the volts 50 odd battery miles would get most everyone to work or back on the batteries with the 10 remaining gallons delivering mid- high 30's.

I think its a shame the volt hybrid concept is getting totally bypassed by full electric because it was and remains a very cool unique vehicle that was well engineered (well V2 was)

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
For sure they still aren't cheap vehicles but they are coming down pretty fast.

The formula was from GM prior and during the development of the volt.

GM paid more a few indpendant firm to analyze US commuting patterns and they came to the 80% within 40 miles and determined the volts 50 odd battery miles would get most everyone to work or back on the batteries with the 10 remaining gallons delivering mid- high 30's.

I think its a shame the volt hybrid concept is getting totally bypassed by full electric because it was and remains a very cool unique vehicle that was well engineered (well V2 was)

I don’t know why they stopped making them. It was the answer to the range problem with EVs. However if you slapped a Tesla badge on a V2 volt, they would have sold a hundred thousand of them.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

I've read many times that the Volt is/was an excellent platform, even better than the Prius according to some.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
1478958434189.jpg

Last edited:

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
These had the potential to be kind of cool, but the trans and drivetrain are the worst slushiest thing I've experienced in the last 20 years.

They are actually really safe though.
I saw some footage of crash testing under standard DOT impacts, but could not find edge case testing (uh, like big, heavy, &/or high speed impact)

the car is pretty much a safety capsule with a tiny motor, so you will be protected, but will be pretty darn sore for a while if a back swan event happens while driving one.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
These had the potential to be kind of cool, but the trans and drivetrain are the worst slushiest thing I've experienced in the last 20 years.

Yep.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score

I'll admit the transmission sucks when driven like an automatic, It's got really weird shift points that feel like the car is going to come to a stop before it reaches the next gear, but when driven like a manual transmission with the paddle shifters it's actually kind of fun, with much quicker shifts.
I saw some footage of crash testing under standard DOT impacts, but could not find edge case testing (uh, like big, heavy, &/or high speed impact)

the car is pretty much a safety capsule with a tiny motor, so you will be protected, but will be pretty darn sore for a while if a back swan event happens while driving one.
Pretty much. It's like you're driving in a cage with airbags everywhere. I once saw a video where one got hit by a train....the train punted the car like a football but dude walked away. 🤣

Also not sure if many know this but the car is built by Mercedes. If you lift up the engine hatch everything is stamped with the Mercedes logo.