WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Had to pull dads car keys yesterday.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
I’ve been watching this come and keeping an eye on the situation, his driving has been questionable for a while and he knows it. So much to the point that he only drives to a couple places and has little side routes figured out that don’t have traffic.

At 77 he’s having some mild cognitive impairment, will it maintain this level or progress to dementia or more, who knows. We just run day by day at this point. For the most part he’s pretty solid, however he’s aware that he’s slipping and doesn’t like to admit it.

Yesterday PD calls me and say they are with him and ask if I can come pick him and the car up. He parked backwards and out in the street in front of his friends business that he goes to and visits. He always parks backwards on streets, has as long as I can remember, no fucks given kinda guy LOL but this was straight up in the middle of the street and he didn’t see a problem with it 😂 he parked and then took off and was making his rounds for about 30 minutes, came back and the cops were asking if his car was broke down or something, nope, I always park like that. They were cool and wrote him up to go to dmv and take the test/assessment, and kept his license. I thanked the cop for doing me a favor, told him he won’t be going for a retest, now I’m not the bad guy.

It could have been much worse for sure, I’ve been trying to figure out how to do this. I know if you try taking my car keys or wallet I’m gonna try and stab you in the neck LOL

On the bright side I’ll be picking him up and taking him to the shop with me more often to hang out now, hopefully the MCI sustains at this level and that’s how this plays out, we’ll see.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Quotes-About-Caring-for-Elderly-Parents-11.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
I’ve been watching this come and keeping an eye on the situation, his driving has been questionable for a while and he knows it. So much to the point that he only drives to a couple places and has little side routes figured out that don’t have traffic.

At 77 he’s having some mild cognitive impairment, will it maintain this level or progress to dementia or more, who knows. We just run day by day at this point. For the most part he’s pretty solid, however he’s aware that he’s slipping and doesn’t like to admit it.

Yesterday PD calls me and say they are with him and ask if I can come pick him and the car up. He parked backwards and out in the street in front of his friends business that he goes to and visits. He always parks backwards on streets, has as long as I can remember, no fucks given kinda guy LOL but this was straight up in the middle of the street and he didn’t see a problem with it 😂 he parked and then took off and was making his rounds for about 30 minutes, came back and the cops were asking if his car was broke down or something, nope, I always park like that. They were cool and wrote him up to go to dmv and take the test/assessment, and kept his license. I thanked the cop for doing me a favor, told him he won’t be going for a retest, now I’m not the bad guy.

It could have been much worse for sure, I’ve been trying to figure out how to do this. I know if you try taking my car keys or wallet I’m gonna try and stab you in the neck LOL

On the bright side I’ll be picking him up and taking him to the shop with me more often to hang out now, hopefully the MCI sustains at this level and that’s how this plays out, we’ll see.
After a series of similar incidents and two non-injury accidents with my aging father many years ago I found myself hating the reality that he couldn't continue to drive.
Lucky for me, he had a doctor's appointment, so I offered to drive him, then when I was able to get the doctor aside, I simply mentioned if he realized dad was still driving and how he felt about his wife and kids sharing the road with him.
Doc seems surprised and readily agrees, within a few days I get a call from my dad, furious that he'd received a letter from the state suspending his driver's license.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
It is tough watching (and living) this stage. My dad was always so sharp, but one time he backed out of the driveway and hit a car across the street. It was a wide ass street.

A couple years later I was with him leaving a market and he took a left onto a divided roadway. He needed to go right, then U turn around the median down the block. He just hung a left out the driveway into oncoming traffic... We got turned around and were both embarrassed. The oncoming drivers were very patient. LOL He passed from a heart attack before we had to take his keys. But they pretty much quit traveling by car and just did daytime shopping trips in familiar places after that incident.

My mom left the parking brake on one time, had a little diabetic low blood sugar issue. Found herself sitting on someone's front lawn after the brakes were so hot they stopped working.

She gave up the car after that without an argument.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I ended up taking the keys to my dads cars after he called and said he was coming from his home in the SFV to visit me in SCV. He was bringing up some bills that needed t be paid since I was in charge of his accounts and finances. He called and said he was leaving which was about 5PM. At 6PM he was still not here so my wife and I got int he car and backtracked his route to our house, We got off at every exit that he would have. We had thought maybe he had a flat tire or something and even called AAA and CHP to see if they had any calls or reports. Neither had any calls. We continued looking and he finally called my sister on her cell phone and gave a brief idea on where he was. He said he was at an ARCO gas station across from a McDonalds. Went by the few locations and he wasnt there. Ended up finding him about midnight with two blown out tires He had no idea what he hit. The left rear tire was flat and the front left tire was completely shredded. Decided that night that I would take his keps from him and ended up selling the Challenger to givemethevin shortly after that. Was a tough decision to take his keys but knew it was the right decision.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
After a series of similar incidents and two non-injury accidents with my aging father many years ago I found myself hating the reality that he couldn't continue to drive.
Lucky for me, he had a doctor's appointment, so I offered to drive him, then when I was able to get the doctor aside, I simply mentioned if he realized dad was still driving and how he felt about his wife and kids sharing the road with him.
Doc seems surprised and readily agrees, within a few days I get a call from my dad, furious that he'd received a letter from the state suspending his driver's license.

That happened to my mom probably 15 years ago when she told her doctor she was getting headaches sometimes while driving. He called the state and they pulled her license.

Took her 4-6 weeks to get it back after proving she was OK to drive, which she was.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Been there, done that. it was tough taking the last bit of freedom left, but it had to be done. I compensated by spending more time with him, taking him to lunch, dinner, getting haircuts, etc. it did make us closer though.

beertruck

Reaction score
I have watched friends have to do this with loved ones, and one friend's aunt actually got an attorney to get her license back. ( this was a person, who definitely should not have been driving). On a positive note with the availability of ride shares, and ease of their apps, its a much better time to be without a license than it was 10 years ago, and imagine its only going to get easier. I know its a pride issue, but at least there are options now.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Been there, done that, very tough to do, plus added tons more work to wife’s life. Never fun, but part of being a big kid. We didn’t want them to hurt some innocent person

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I know the feeling, it's like a sad end to an era.

Judge your efforts by its merits. That's important hold that thought.

I did the same with my dad a few years back.
Dad backed out and rolled 50 yards into the neighbors backyard and crushed their propane tank.

Neighbors were cool and the propane company replaced the tank within 2 hours,,,, no charge.

It's good we did this because driving around Auburn and Cool Ca is treacherous.

Wife's mom surrendered her keys a while back no drama.
We put her into an old folks complex in 'Vegas that she had saved for so lucky us, it's all on her dime.

Also lucky all-of-us you'd never know its an old folks home visiting the place. Nice, as good as it gets.
Just like any high end condo complex in Summerlin. Plus a nice inclusive meal dining area with inclusive room service, fully staffed RN's 24/7 all inclusive cost.

Grand Ma was playing ping pong, bent down to pick up a ping pong ball and did a shoulder roll back flop and broke a bone.
That medical staff was great.

Every episode of the old Superman TV show Jimmy Olsen was tied to a chair. Same chair, same gag, same rope.
I tell Maynard that's what he's going to do me in the garage and feed me dog food cash my checks.
images

Last edited:

Ladsm

Reaction score
My Dad turned 79 last week. He is a cranky old guy but enjoys yard work so I put him to work yesterday trimming all the bushes in my yard. Luckily there are only a few stoplights in Bullhead so he doesnt have to travel far to run his errands. He drove a tanker truck for 35 years and over 1 million miles. It will be a bad day for his ego when he wont be able to drive any more.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
It sounds like it was a good transition where he knew it was coming.
My dad had a stroke years ago and I was told not to let him drive for a few weeks until he was medically cleared, that did NOT go well.
I just had a friend recently go to city pd and setup his elderly mom to get pulled over after he had reported her to the Dmv too. He was afraid of her wrath and for his inheritance.😆 They found out she was getting into accidents and hitting cars in parking lots and paying the people off in cash so the family didn’t know. Her Caddy didn’t have a spot on the bumpers or any body panels that weren’t dented or scraped.

GreenEnergy28

Reaction score
Tough thing to have to do.
My dad called me years back, my grandfather had to be taken to the hospital because he went out in his chair while watching TV. We were not sure the cause... Turns out, he had had several minor strokes at home. His wife was unaware since they were both in their golden years at that time.
Anyway, long story short, I had to go take his Cadillac while my dad took them out to lunch. My 6'4" 240lb grandfather wasn't one to be told he can't drive... He loved his Cadillacs....had one for as long as I can remember. Sucked to have to steal his baby from him.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Watching your loved ones lose their independence is difficult. They start to feel like a burden and will become distant frustrated etc. set up regular visits, maybe look into a little powered mobility scooter so they can still get around and put a gps tracker on it. Figure out ways to make sure they have groceries and necessary supplies around the house. Maybe tackle a couple of fix it projects together. It’s the start of a bumpy road. The more you do now the easier it will be later. Also start to think about mental health and how to keep track of them. We found my grandma sleeping in our dog bed outside after she walked all the way to our house in the middle of the fight because she needed to make cookies for a little girl she was taking care of…. Luckily that’s all that happened it could’ve been worse.

whiteworks

Reaction score
My how things have changed, doesn’t seem like very long ago he was having to come pick me up from the cops and throw my dirt bike in the back of the truck to take home when I’d get caught riding dirty😂

He’s a bit pissy this morning, told me he’s calling his lawyer and it’s a bullshit charge. I told him there is no charge, you just have to go take a driving test at the dmv. Then he asked if I had his keys, I said yes and told him you’re not legal right now, things have changed. I’ll let him pout for a bit and then go take him to lunch later.

Maybe he can sneak around in a golf cart or something smaller?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
My parents just bought ebikes. I lecture them everytime they go riding around town. Feels like when I would take the ATV out as a kid.

whiteworks

Reaction score
My parents just bought ebikes. I lecture them everytime they go riding around town. Feels like when I would take the ATV out as a kid.
I bought him one last year for his birthday, it wasn’t gonna end well and he said I don’t honk I should be riding that thing around 😂

Then i bought him a new mountain bike, he was an avid rider up until 3 years ago, 10-15 miles per day. He told my daughter that he ls not sure what happened but he was laying on the ground with the bike and some beautiful came and help him up 🤷‍♂️ may have crashed, may have passed out. I think we’re gonna try one of those small step through folding bikes, the higher mountain bike is awkward for him now, he’s lost some of his moves for sure.

Taboma

Reaction score
That happened to my mom probably 15 years ago when she told her doctor she was getting headaches sometimes while driving. He called the state and they pulled her license.

Took her 4-6 weeks to get it back after proving she was OK to drive, which she was.
I'm aware, as was my father at the time, and why he was putting so much effort into masking his true condition from his doctors.
It's certainly a valid consideration of just how forthcoming we should be with our doctors about certain health issues.
That aspect I believe is the ugly and dangerous negative of the state putting that responsibility on the doctors.

In my father's case I found it one of the most difficult and painful choices to be faced with and I held out for as long as I felt I possibly could.
In retrospect, that was only the warmup precursor for what was to follow.

I believe the doctor had overlooked it because it was so obvious the man should not have been driving with the severity of his dementia so much so the doctor was initially shocked to learn it.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Watching my Grandfather, who had worked Hard on a Farm ever since he was Old Enough to do something, "CRY" when my Father, Uncles, and Aunts, placed him in "Assisted Living" was as sad event as I have ever experienced and he passed away within a year, and I just know it was giving up the "Will To Live" and a "Broken Heart/Soul" Please, just allow me to "GO" in my Sleep.😢

dezertrider

Reaction score
Aging parents can be fun at times. I look back at what I went through with my folks aging and laugh now. Its a good thing they raised me up well. When your parents get older its time to return the favor and make there remaining years the best possible.

I took the keys away from both parents and a few years later I had to take moms scooter away after she ended up in the middle of a busy intersction with the fire department

DLC

Reaction score
So my dad got diagnosed w/ Dementia …

by law
Dr notified the state ca dmv took his lic

we kinda knew this was coming…

so we took his car in for body work service, fixing some minor issues he wanted done. We told him & talked to him about the license restriction….

Caliber Collision called him to pick up his car, all communication should have been thru me, he got a ride and after getting back home with his freshly repaired car called me proud as a peacock telling me I got the car back and it looks fantastic….

He completely lost track about his drivers lic restrictions

The plan was to use the car-in for service to buy some time….

that didn’t work out so well for us

the loss of driving is a loss of independence and dependency upon on others….

this was a difficult time, dad would call me - all upset and mad at me for being the bad guy- the face of his lost driving privileges !

I had to talk him off the ledge several times.

really sad what happens to our cherished elders….

of course
my brother & sister didn’t help in any way - Looking Back on How things went …. Im glad I was the one he chose to be close to and look for guidance and direction during his troubled years…

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
At 88 we took the car keys from my FIL.

He then called a local car dealership and had a brand new car delivered to his assisted living facility.

We weren’t expecting that! Lol

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
any cops in mo val want to pull my grandma over? she needs this but none of us are going to tell her anything, she is stubborn like all old people

v6toy4x

Reaction score
No matter how difficult these things can be, remember you are still blessed with their presence.

We can never pay our parents back for all the things they have done for us in our lives,

Now go have a beer with your dad!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Truer words never spoken.
That said. Very tough to take the freedom away but it needs to be done at a certain time.
We took care of MIL for 6 years. Did it put a damper on some things. Of course it did. But my and her parents were there every time we were in need. And there is no way in hell I’m turning my back on any of them when they were in need.
It’s not easy for sure. But we need and should be willing to do it.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… I am going through this not for a parent, but for myself… After my two month stay in the assisted living facility, neighbor girl who has monitored, my every step would not let me drive for probably 2 1/2 or three weeks… what is she right in doing this… Absolutely… so now I try spending almost every waking hour trying to get my shit back together… it’s coming… But I definitely am not who I used to be🤷🏽‍♀️
… .Thought I would make it to 80 before it all fell apart… Only got to 77…???… oh, well, what can you do???…
…When neighbor girl landed on me when she was nine… did I have any inkling that this was how things were going to be 20 years later… No, I did not… I can’t begin to tell you how fortunate I feel…❤️

Cobalt232

Reaction score
My parents are in their mid 80's. My mom doesn't drive much anymore, but my dad does daily to go to Trader Joes, Peet's Coffee, haircut, etc. He has a nice Audi Q8, that has a bunch of service lights on but just won't take it in for service. I think it is because the front bumper is all scraped up and they will say it's from running into things and doesn't want mom to find out.

I think it will be time for assisted living soon and don't know how that will work out. If things aren't perfect, they aren't satisfied.

whiteworks

Reaction score
No matter how difficult these things can be, remember you are still blessed with their presence.

We can never pay our parents back for all the things they have done for us in our lives,

Now go have a beer with your dad!
I went and picked him up this afternoon and brought him over to the new shop I’m putting together. I tried to get a little work done but that didn’t work out so hot. We bullshitted for a bit and some people stopped by and did some more bullshitting. It was a nice afternoon, he’s not pissed about the cops anymore and said he’s sort of relieved as driving around here is kinda nuts these days, I’ll vouch for that, Fuckin hood rats n shit box cars in SoCal are worse drivers than him LOL I pulled up to a stop light on the way home, ambulance is coming cross traffic, my light turns green and the dip shit behind me is honking for me to go, then shit box across the intersection goes hard left front of everyone after the ambulance passed. My pops was talking shit on all these fools about their driving, had to agree.

Whatever, this is the new deal and we’ll be hanging out more, it’s kinda like having a little kid around, gotta keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t do weird shit. 😂 he was stoked when I told him it’s no big deal, it’s just the new deal.

With a little luck this won’t progress into dementia or beyond, we’ll see🤷‍♂️

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I went and picked him up this afternoon and brought him over to the new shop I’m putting together. I tried to get a little work done but that didn’t work out so hot. We bullshitted for a bit and some people stopped by and did some more bullshitting. It was a nice afternoon, he’s not pissed about the cops anymore and said he’s sort of relieved as driving around here is kinda nuts these days, I’ll vouch for that, Fuckin hood rats n shit box cars in SoCal are worse drivers than him LOL I pulled up to a stop light on the way home, ambulance is coming cross traffic, my light turns green and the dip shit behind me is honking for me to go, then shit box across the intersection goes hard left front of everyone after the ambulance passed. My pops was talking shit on all these fools about their driving, had to agree.

Whatever, this is the new deal and we’ll be hanging out more, it’s kinda like having a little kid around, gotta keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t do weird shit. 😂 he was stoked when I told him it’s no big deal, it’s just the new deal.

With a little luck this won’t progress into dementia or beyond, we’ll see🤷‍♂️
I am one step further down the road, pops (89) quit driving several years back, hes has MS in his legs pretty bad. In June I had to tell them they had to sell their house and move closer to me, about 70 mile, mom (84) is down but pops not so much. He is into the onset of dimentia, very hard to focus and remember things. Mom is a spit fire, and still washes her own car, grocery shops and vaccums her carpet EVERY day.

He calls almost every day asking if he needs to do anything for selling the old place or buying the new one. I try and give him some sort of excercise like checking mortgage rates or sending me his account balances or home insurance. Keeps him occupied and feeling part of the deal.

Enjoy the time you have, unfortunatly it will be over way too soon:(

whiteworks

Reaction score
Uber/Lyft are his friend. 😉
He’s not a tech guy, point in fact I have the newest latest greatest $1000 iPhone sitting on my kitchen counter waiting for my phone to shit out. I got it for him and after a week he brought it over and said he didn’t want a phone any more as it didn’t have a button like his last 5 did.

Had to find a refurbished one online for him with a button, apparently one more swipe was the straw that broke the camels back😂

whiteworks

Reaction score
So today he all fired up, ready to hire Johnny Cochran, asking me to get the footage of body cam from police 😂

He told me this isn’t going to work out, he’s gonna need his license. I told him he’s gonna need to go to dmv, take a vision, written, and driving test and jump though whatever other hoops they want. It ain’t happening, but I’m playing good cop on this deal 😂

I’m really glad I thanked the cop who took his license, it’s becoming very clear just how big of a favor he did me.

endobear

Reaction score
Needed to drop my van off last night at the shop near my old man.
Hit him up for a ride home and to come over for dinner.
Scared the shit out of me. Couldn't remember how to get to my house I've been in 8 years. Almost blew a red light. Couldn't get on the brakes hard enough.
Almost blew a stop sign. Was hauling ass. Turning late.
He's an old over the road trucker. Raced sprint cars, midgets, point to point desert races, flat track ect back in the 60s and 70s.
Even ran shifter karts in the Viagra class 20 years ago.
He's 76 and in terrible health. Mostly do to heavy drinking and not being active. Taking his keys isnt going to be easy but I think the time has come.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Needed to drop my van off last night at the shop near my old man.
Hit him up for a ride home and to come over for dinner.
Scared the shit out of me. Couldn't remember how to get to my house I've been in 8 years. Almost blew a red light. Couldn't get on the brakes hard enough.
Almost blew a stop sign. Was hauling ass. Turning late.
He's an old over the road trucker. Raced sprint cars, midgets, point to point desert races, flat track ect back in the 60s and 70s.
Even ran shifter karts in the Viagra class 20 years ago.
He's 76 and in terrible health. Mostly do to heavy drinking and not being active. Taking his keys isnt going to be easy but I think the time has come.
It would be cool if you posted up old pix of your pops racing back in the day.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Right now speechless regarding our past week travels. Me @79 Wife @78. Last Monday departed from our home at Havasu Landing. Seldom leave the Landing these past 16 years except for trips to LHC often,we both very comfortable @our home @Landing.
First stop Camarillo Ca our home & business for decades,we married in 1978. I lived in Camarillo since 1968. Appointments with Docs reason for Camarillo visit,same Doctors all these years. One of the Docs reason i’m still this side of the grass.
Wednesday we drove to Paso Robles visit with our daughter. Not sure what the Paso locals think of “La Bellasera Hotel” for us could not have been better. Incredible Restaurant,killer Hamburger.
Thursday morning drove to Walnut Creek Ca. For a change went up on the 101 instead of 46 to 5. Enjoyed the 101.
Reason for Walnut Creek was for my wife spend few days with 96 year old mother,my outstanding MIL these past 46 years.
Here is the reason for this post in this thread. Jody mom is a few years into her Dementia situation. Her home is a care facility in Walnut Creek this past year. She Lives in the memory Care section. This lady has had incredible life,Jody Dad was a Veterinarian,as usual he had no idea how to handle the administration part of his life,Jody mom handled all of it, he was awesome Vet and large animal surgeon.He been gone 17 years now,wore out from all the 24/7 years. They were a team, they flew from Ranch to Ranch in the midwest in their Cessna, both had pilot license. Story after story on that deal.
Well,3 days visiting that Care Facility was incredible,the place is awesome. Problem was i older then many of the people living there. Several times i was offered help getting back to my room or going to the dining room etc,LOL. I hung out most of the time in a lounge & activities area,very comfortable and excellent coffee & wifi. Jody had quality 3 days with her Mom. Mom recognized Jody and really perked up,she had no idea who i was. Spent many years knowing this lady,at this time she remembers little of her life and conversation is over but she reasonably heathy. Last year she had a serious fall at her home. Kaiser installed a new hip in a 95 year old lady,but that was the end of living at home.
Our drive home to the Landing yesterday was kind of quiet, 10 hours just about non stop,we feel good about pulling off a busy week,but have no idea what could be ahead for 2 old people that might not be together much longer because of age. We let our kids know years ago we will keep them informed on how things going. That “Care Facility” was Sad and Depressing but the best of care and i mean the best. I came away from the experience with the idea of trying to keep on keeping on. We are surrounded with young incredible “Type A” families at the Landing,especially the weekends. It was a choice of life @ “Leisure Village” or Havasu Landing. Havasu was the right decision.
Sorry for the long post.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
So today he all fired up, ready to hire Johnny Cochran, asking me to get the footage of body cam from police 😂

He told me this isn’t going to work out, he’s gonna need his license. I told him he’s gonna need to go to dmv, take a vision, written, and driving test and jump though whatever other hoops they want. It ain’t happening, but I’m playing good cop on this deal 😂

I’m really glad I thanked the cop who took his license, it’s becoming very clear just how big of a favor he did me.

Show your dad the dmv website. Only he can appear. No family members, no attorneys, ect. It is on him and only him to prove he is fit to drive.

There is nothing to challenge. If he was sent for reevaluation it is a done deal. It is not a ticket... aka punishment... so no right to challenge the submission for re evaluation. Driving is a privilege not a right and it now on him to prove he can still operate a motor vehicle safely.

I hated filling out the 699 form as you know you are taking a piece of someone's independance and even dignity but I also know I saved lives by doing it. I never did it unless it was clearly unsafe and family members were 99% of the time greatful and the person is always angry or they would have stopped themselves.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
I'm sure it's a hard thing to do and I hope I don't have to go through that, that said my Dad had it easy.

Grampa came over every sat for the day. His drive was about 20 miles each way. One day dad gets a call about 30 minutes after grampa left, it's grampa saying I'm done driving, I almost hit a pedestrian in the crosswalk and I never saw him so you're going to have to come get me on Saturdays now. This happened less than a 1/2 mile from his house so he just drove home from the incident and that was that.

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
I can't even park between the lines anymore without effort, I swear. I used to make fun of people who park like crap, now that's me every once and a while. Getting old

whiteworks

Reaction score

Show your dad the dmv website. Only he can appear. No family members, no attorneys, ect. It is on him and only him to prove he is fit to drive.

There is nothing to challenge. If he was sent for reevaluation it is a done deal. It is not a ticket... aka punishment... so no right to challenge the submission for re evaluation. Driving is a privilege not a right and it now on him to prove he can still operate a motor vehicle safely.

I hated filling out the 699 form as you know you are taking a piece of someone's independance and even dignity but I also know I saved lives by doing it. I never did it unless it was clearly unsafe and family members were 99% of the time greatful and the person is always angry or they would have stopped themselves.
He’s done, I’m not gonna torture him by making him think he’s gotta shot. Only time he’ll be driving anything from now on is out in the desert offroad with no one around for miles 😂