WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gavin Newsom press conference

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I just read that Newscum is considering opening the schools in July.

With classrooms set to remain closed through the end of this school year, California state officials are considering an earlier start to the next one, Gov. Gavin Newsom said Tuesday.

He cited concerns about disruption to learning as many parents struggle to have their children’s education continue online amid the COVID-19 outbreak.

“We are considering the prospect of an even earlier school year into the fall—late July, early August… Having talked to many other parents and educators, even the kids, I think we might want to consider getting that school year moved up a little bit,” the governor said.

The state needs to prepare for physical changes in schools “in order to advance that conversation,” Newsom said.
LOL, as though the teachers union will agree to actually working.

One thing I’ve learned from this lockdown overreaction is that teachers really don’t teach much. I know, there are a ton of great ones, but just like the bell curve of life, a lot of them do nothing. And to prove this, they ALL think they are great. Sorry, teaching is not the only profession with A Players exclusively.

And the teachers unions? They all suck ass.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
1588178040315.jpeg

4Waters

Reaction score
What if Newsom is starting school 5 weeks early because he plans on locking us down again next year. With his track record I don't think it's too far fetched.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
What if Newsom is starting school 5 weeks early because he plans on locking us down again next year. With his track record I don't think it's too far fetched.

Its not far fetched.... Listen to the words...go back and re listen to the news confrences that were given a the beginning of this "Plannedemic" and digest what was said. There is a 2nd wave coming in the fall. JUST in time for Election voting.... You don't have a hair on your ass if you don't think this going to run into the spring of 2021 . Its no mistake that BIDEN and TRUMP are not hot and heavy on the campaign stumps right now.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We have already received notice from our city superintendent that the Nov Presidential Election will be by mail in ballot only.

Its not far fetched.... Listen to the words...go back and re listen to the news confrences that were given a the beginning of this "Plannedemic" and digest what was said. There is a 2nd wave coming in the fall. JUST in time for Election voting.... You don't have a hair on your ass if you don't think this going to run into the spring of 2021 . Its no mistake that BIDEN and TRUMP are not hot and heavy on the campaign stumps right now.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
We have already received notice from our city superintendent that the Nov Presidential Election will be by mail in ballot only.
Its up to your community to come together and cast your vote in person. Its your right.... Going alone, and you are categorized as a radical or deranged individual.... an Angry MOB is better but an organized militia is preferred. :cool:

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

Let em keep pushing that, it will just expose them further. November is a long ways off and they'll do their best to reignite a second wave of the scary flu, but anyone with a brain will see right through it.

Trump stronger.jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

CA can skip it entirely and just assign 55 electoral votes for the Dem candidate.
It’s a given.

But it’s funny how every single aspect of this sheltering serves the lib agenda so beautifully. CA is under a full frontal attack.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
From a lawyer I know in California: If we put aside the constitutional problems for a minute (which are serious), my legal research suggests that the governor's authority is limited (by state statute) to orders not to exceed 30 days.

Beyond 30 days, legislative ratification is required which, as you know, hasn't been obtained and the legislature is in recess.

So, if you want to be REALLY TECHNICAL about this, the governor's order is probably no longer valid or enforceable.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My wife read the same exact thing.

From a lawyer I know in California: If we put aside the constitutional problems for a minute (which are serious), my legal research suggests that the governor's authority is limited (by state statute) to orders not to exceed 30 days.

Beyond 30 days, legislative ratification is required which, as you know, hasn't been obtained and the legislature is in recess.

So, if you want to be REALLY TECHNICAL about this, the governor's order is probably no longer valid or enforceable.