WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gator Step

bocco

Reaction score
Does anybody know what's going on with Socal Gator Step? I'm trying get a swim step pad made and they are tough to communicate with. They do not answer the phone at all and email communication is sketchy as well. Are they to busy doing big baller boats to mess with my swim step?

bocco

Reaction score
And I got a bounce back on the latest email I sent them.

Riverryder

Reaction score
And I got a bounce back on the latest email I sent them.
a site sponsor on here sells it. maybe detail speicalities? dont you send them a template they send you the gator step?
what boat? my SLIP step needs it done too.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Phone and communication issues in house. Mrs RR spoke to them late last week
Its a I.T. issue, not the employees
They were very apologetic

counterpart7

Reaction score
This is the Montclair location correct? Have had issues contacting them as well.

gqchris

Reaction score
They were real communicative for my order like 4 months ago. Took a little while in production, but I am happy. Kelsey was always keeping me in the loop:

Kelsey Klepper
Office Manager
Logo
Gator Step So Cal
1725 Monrovia Ave Suite A7
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Office: 949-270-6488
Email: [email protected]

Dirtbag

Reaction score
ill tell you this they are slammed.......good crew in there that does amazing work.....communication isnt their best attribute....but they get quality products out.

colenighthawk

Reaction score
I've been trying to get intouch with them since Thursday last week. I'm calling like 3- 4 times a day and left several msgs. No answer or call backs. They're been working on a order for me since December 13th. I'm like WTF is going on? I was told that it will take 4-5 weeks to get the proof, then 2 more weeks to cut, shipping and installation.
Bad customer service.

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
I've been trying to get intouch with them since Thursday last week. I'm calling like 3- 4 times a day and left several msgs. No answer or call backs. They're been working on a order for me since December 13th. I'm like WTF is going on?
Thats right about the time I could tell things were going downhill. I had put my order in September, and the last few weeks in December I had to be on their shit to get my swimstep done for the HB Christmas parade. All I got was a swimstep done too, I ordered the other full kit from Aqua Marine deck in Georgia since they had the interior template. Excellent Service by the way from them..

Big Swiss

Reaction score
They are slammed. I just had my boat done. Detail Specialties did it. They did a great job by the way. I know it took about 2 months to get material in and they needed to order one more piece for me and that took another 2+ weeks.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Who says rdp doesn’t have its benefits?

Here’s Phillips cell phone. This is a temporary solution until they get the phones dialed in and for the guys in this thread. After everyone gets ahold of him I’m gonna delete it.

Phillip - 949-467-4495

Big Swiss

Reaction score
Your probably better off going to DS. If you are just buying material you'll probably pay the same price as you would direct. And Gator is going to be more responsive to them anyway I would think. Just my thoughts.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
They were real communicative for my order like 4 months ago. Took a little while in production, but I am happy. Kelsey was always keeping me in the loop:

Kelsey Klepper
Office Manager
Logo
Gator Step So Cal
1725 Monrovia Ave Suite A7
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Office: 949-270-6488
Email: [email protected]
Kelsey kicked ass on ours. Last December. For whatever reason when I did my templates I got gatorstep in Oregon and was treated like the original poster. I then sent an email to gatorstep socal Kelsey got involved and pumped out our job just in time.

It's a very unique business model. Kelsey was saying no shop has a direct landline for you to call. They all communicate through zoom meetings and emails even with each other. Very interesting

Big Swiss

Reaction score
Yes Kelsey seems to handle business also. Met her at sand show last year.

Big Swiss

Reaction score
Really!!! Lol. This is all I got. Not very good pics
83353.jpeg
83355.jpeg
83356.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

707dog

Reaction score
Does anybody know what's going on with Socal Gator Step? I'm trying get a swim step pad made and they are tough to communicate with. They do not answer the phone at all and email communication is sketchy as well. Are they to busy doing big baller boats to mess with my swim step?
Theres a gator step guy in discovery bay he did my boat last year ill message you his #

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Kelsey kicked ass on ours. Last December. For whatever reason when I did my templates I got gatorstep in Oregon and was treated like the original poster. I then sent an email to gatorstep socal Kelsey got involved and pumped out our job just in time.

It's a very unique business model. Kelsey was saying no shop has a direct landline for you to call. They all communicate through zoom meetings and emails even with each other. Very interesting

Well I just gave the cell phone number to the main guy for SoCal for rdp members. Call it and it’s handled I guarantee it!

When you come to desert Storm he will likely be on my boat drinking.. lol.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Well I just gave the cell phone number to the main guy for SoCal for rdp members. Call it and it’s handled I guarantee it!

When you come to desert Storm he will likely be on my boat drinking.. lol.
I saw that. Thanks for sharing that Dave. Whatever he's doing down there he runs a tight ship. Once the socal shop stepped in my order was done and shipped within 2 weeks. It was a swim deck piece for my in-laws advantage citation. But none the less there was a hickup and delay up front then socal stepped in and boom piece showed up on my door step.

bocco

Reaction score
Just an update on my Gator Step. Three weeks ago I checked in with Kelsey and she replied:

"Hello Gary, It appears that you should be seeing that digital art proof within 2 weeks."

I started this process in mid March. Still haven't seen anything.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Same. Was told by memorial.
They are busy, good for them bad for me

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Waited 13 weeks, they are swamped.

Phillip is the guy, he responds timely.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Just an update on my Gator Step. Three weeks ago I checked in with Kelsey and she replied:

"Hello Gary, It appears that you should be seeing that digital art proof within 2 weeks."

I started this process in mid March. Still haven't seen anything.
Mine started in January i got my digital proof last Thursday. Expecting a call from Ryan over at DS any day now.