WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Garage Cabinets

Meaney77

Reaction score
Thinking about diving into my garage, this is the only area in my house that hasnt been remodeled and we spend alot of time in there especially when its warmer and the kids play out front.

Anyone have any input on garage cabinets suppliers for a DIY project? I want something nice and well though-out and practical but also dont want to spend a shit ton of money. I am totally capable to assemble cabinets and hang them myself. Not sure if there is a showroom where you can see them and purchase or maybe purchase online?

82daytona

Reaction score
Thinking about diving into my garage, this is the only area in my house that hasnt been remodeled and we spend alot of time in there especially when its warmer and the kids play out front.

Anyone have any input on garage cabinets suppliers for a DIY project? I want something nice and well though-out and practical but also dont want to spend a shit ton of money. I am totally capable to assemble cabinets and hang them myself. Not sure if there is a showroom where you can see them and purchase or maybe purchase online?

Jeff always floored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLC

Reaction score
New age from Costco, they have em on special all the time.

Depends on your budget. You can get some white upper kitchen cabs at depot or get the oak look unfinished and paint em
Black or gray

DLC

Reaction score
I’ve been eyeing blue tool boxes at HF and also Napa was thinking about getting 2 and then a counter top for a built in look with a knee hole / chair space

CoronaChris

Reaction score
You can always get me some basic dims of what you want
newf1pics 258.JPG
newf1pics 398.JPG
newf1pics 601.JPG
and I will get you a quote delivered to your door. You can do the install and save some coin.

Attachments

• newf1pics 748.JPG
    newf1pics 748.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 103

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
105B952E-9978-4EC0-9182-E375E3F4B159.JPG
Build them
from scratch. You need a table saw (or long straight edge and a circular saw) and a pocket hole jig. Home depot has some decently nice pine plywood for about $35/sheet. This was a bit over 2 sheets, but if I'd have used something else for the backs, would have been less than 2 sheets. I looked around but with everything available commercially, just this little bit would have been over $300 minimum and would be a compromise in utilizing the space. If you do them yourself, you can make whatever custom sizes you need.

As soon as we get some nice weather on a weekend, I'm gonna finish off that wall with another 3 or 4 cabinets, then face frame everything and do the doors. I have plans for floor to ceiling cabinets on the other side of the garage...but haven't got the place organized enough for that right now. Home Depot sells white masonite Wainscoting sheets for cheap...those will be the center panels for my doors, and probably 1x3 or 1/4 pine for the door frames.

It's not hard. Search youtube for garage cabinets and it'll get even easier.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
I’ve been eyeing blue tool boxes at HF and also Napa was thinking about getting 2 and then a counter top for a built in look with a knee hole / chair space
I have 1 of the horrible freight blue boxes.
Grabbed it on sale for 189? Its pretty legit...

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
I have 1 of the horrible freight blue boxes.
Grabbed it on sale for 189? Its pretty legit...

Ok so I’m having a hard time buying a HF box. In my mind they are junk! But they look good or as good as craftsman and I have 3 or 4 of the craftsman boxes.

Napa is Homac and I do have a 7 drawer Homac cart and it’s good quality....

Headless hula

Reaction score
Ok so I’m having a hard time buying a HF box. In my mind they are junk! But they look good or as good as craftsman and I have 3 or 4 of the craftsman boxes.

I'd say they are better than anything crapsman has to offer. Heavier gauge sheetmetal and I feel nicer paint. It's a legit decent toolbox. (At least for 200 bucks) it ain't mac, or snap on, but at 10% the cost do you really care?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Here are the cabinets I install in my garages. They are transferable and will outlast all of us - bullet proof. This is the last wall I just did. Check out the man cave section. These cabinets are probably on par with your wife’s kitchen cabinents (ball bearing / self closing) power coat / made in Bend, OR. Family owned business everything is made to spec. Baldhead Cabinents - I have received zero discounts for site promos or referrals. It is an awesome product.

E556BF0C-A313-44AD-8D5D-54245F595AC3.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
I'd say they are better than anything crapsman has to offer. Heavier gauge sheetmetal and I feel nicer paint. It's a legit decent toolbox. (At least for 200 bucks) it ain't mac, or snap on, but at 10% the cost do you really care?

I would just like em to last 10-15 years. So when I inherited some money I could buy a snap on or Mac box.....

I’ll go check em out again and maybe get some of those snapon emblems
LoL

Thank you for your input!

You have tons of talent (I’ve followed a few of your threads ) and I respect your opinion

Headless hula

Reaction score
I would just like em to last 10-15 years. So when I inherited some money I could buy a snap on or Mac box.....

I’ll go check em out again and maybe get some of those snapon emblems
LoL

Thank you for your input!

You have tons of talent (I’ve followed a few of your threads ) and I respect your opinion
Dont let my bullshit sway your opinion.
The box I bought has latches that have to be operated before the drawers open.
It rolls across my shop floor like a dream. I have it loaded with electrical goodies.
Had to get a separate box just to keep things organized.

Thanks for the props. ;) lolol...

Reactions: DLC

Dana757

Reaction score

I have a HF 72” and 4 of the 22”. They are in a machine shop and get beat on daily. Really happy with them.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Here are the cabinets I install in my garages. They are transferable and will outlast all of us - bullet proof. This is the last wall I just did. Check out the man cave section. These cabinets are probably on par with your wife’s kitchen cabinents (ball bearing / self closing) power coat / made in Bend, OR. Family owned business everything is made to spec. Baldhead Cabinents - I have received zero discounts for site promos or referrals. It is an awesome product.

View attachment 733227

Nice. We are doing the full out garage before next winter.

Justfishing

Reaction score
there is at least one forum/website for garages out there. I ran across it a while back but dont remember the name. Lots of cool ideas and I am sure sources.

toyaddiction

Reaction score
I purchased the New Age Pro. I purchased directly from New Age and they saved me some money by taking my wish list and bulking 2 different packages. I also ended up with a couple upper cabinets for free. They are a good quality and I put them all together and hung them by myself
IMG_6163.jpg
IMG_6165.jpg

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
I do cabinets that are very, "nice and well though-out and practical" but I WOULD charge you a "shit ton of money!"

All kidding aside, if you're local I'm willing to take a look at it. Where are you at?

We usually install but we can just build and deliver, shucks we can even do knock down (parts) and give you the hardware to put it together yourself if you want.