WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Furniture auctions in socal?

WYRD

Reaction score
I've been helping my mom clean out one of her houses(downsizing) and she has a ton of furniture we need to get rid of. Years ago I remember there being some used furniture auctions in the Ontario area but I can't seem to find any information about it on the web.
Does anybody know of anything like this in the Inland Empire area or any other ideas about getting rid of a lot of furniture that does not involve yard sales or Craigslist?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Sorry no. Facebook market place is the go to now.

Javajoe

Reaction score
People do estate sales all the time. For just regular houses when people move

WYRD

Reaction score
People do estate sales all the time. For just regular houses when people move
This is like two houses worth of furniture. And it's off the beaten path on the 138 not really close to any major town. I don't think it would Garner much traffic if we held an estate sale that's why I was thinking Furniture auction or something of the like. And I really don't want to mess with a bunch of people from Craigslist or Facebook digging through all of the stuff. Plus I really don't want people to know the house is empty until we get it on the market.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
There are people that will come and buy the whole thing. Guy out of Monrovia area named Red is all I remember.
I asked him once if he ever bought the proverbial mattress stuffed with cash. He just deadpanned a look at me, “yes”.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Do you have Instagram? There’s a page that got som great deals. Like you gotta hop on that shit.

WYRD

Reaction score
There are people that will come and buy the whole thing. Guy out of Monrovia area named Red is all I remember.
I asked him once if he ever bought the proverbial mattress stuffed with cash. He just deadpanned a look at me, “yes”.
This is kind of something I am talking about. Would much rather deal with one or two people that want to buy multiple pieces at one time furniture or antique dealer would be optimal. All I know is I've got to get this shit taken care of because spending every weekend there for the couple of months is really going to cut into my summer boating.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I've been helping my mom clean out one of her houses(downsizing) and she has a ton of furniture we need to get rid of. Years ago I remember there being some used furniture auctions in the Ontario area but I can't seem to find any information about it on the web.
Does anybody know of anything like this in the Inland Empire area or any other ideas about getting rid of a lot of furniture that does not involve yard sales or Craigslist?
Thought about selling it furnished?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
This is kind of something I am talking about. Would much rather deal with one or two people that want to buy multiple pieces at one time furniture or antique dealer would be optimal. All I know is I've got to get this shit taken care of because spending every weekend there for the couple of months is really going to cut into my summer boating.
Have you considered a consignment store?

WYRD

Reaction score
Have you considered a consignment store?
Know of any in the ie area? Looking for a word of mouth contact or recommendation not just cold calling someone

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Know of any in the ie area? Looking for a word of mouth contact or recommendation not just cold calling someone
Not in the IE. There is one in Yorba Linda. They are picky on what type of furniture they wi consign.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Post up some stuff here for sale. As everyone knows, We in here are all full of cash, buy our vacation homes with cash, and replace our boats when they need an oil change.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
We just did this twice...

Large house to small house and then small house to no house in less than a year.

Any junk have a yard sale and anything that doean't sell goes to good will or the dump.

Any good pieces (Say over $500) goes to consignment and when it sells they mail a check. There are a lot of consignment shops. Only thing that sucks is they all require you to pay for the move to the consignment shop but it is better than selling the $5,000 dinning set for $50 at a garage sale.

I can't recommend enough
The Find Consignments
1714 Newport Blvd,
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 650-3463

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Post up some stuff here for sale. As everyone knows, We in here are all full of cash, buy our vacation homes with cash, and replace our boats when they need an oil change.
I second this. Its a solid group of people that are somewhat vetted (in a way) and easy to communicate with. Couple pictures, some details and you will likely have some of the stuff taken off your hands for fair money.

ChrisV

Reaction score
I also need to furnish my house in Parker so please post up.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
My couches are embarrassingly disgusting.

If you had a clean set I would be interested

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
She didnt happen to have any bunk beds dud she? Looks like I can use a couple sets. lol!

WYRD

Reaction score
She didnt happen to have any bunk beds dud she? Looks like I can use a couple sets. lol!
No mostly Western looking furniture there are quite a few nice pieces in there just not my Style.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I got nothing helpful but I know I've seen used and estate type furniture stores around...somewhere😖seems this would be bread/butter inventory for them.
Or find Darrel the Gambler and the Yuuuuuuup! dork😂. They buy that stuff.